• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Uruguay president Jose Mujica has called Fifa leaders "sons of bitches" for banning Luis Suarez over his World Cup bite.

Mujica called the four-month ban on all football activity imposed on Suarez for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini "fascist sanctions".

Speaking as he welcomed the defeated Uruguayans back home after their 2-0 defeat against Colombia, Mujica said: "Those at Fifa are a gang of old sons of bitches."

The president then gasped and mocked an expression of shock before smiling.
When asked if his remark could be published, Mujica replied: "For my part, sure."

He added: "They could have sanctioned him, but not with fascist sanctions."
Mujica had also welcomed Suarez at Montevideo airport when he arrived individually ahead of the team on Friday, before proclaiming the punishment "an eternal shame" in the history of the World Cup in his weekly radio address.

im starting to think legalizing the grass was a bad idea
LLShC.gif

omgkitty

Barnes & Noble Criterion collection sale nom nom nom

Ordered The Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, Foreign Correspondent, and The Lady Vanishes. <3

I've picked up these so far:

A Hard Day's Night
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Life Aquatic
L'eclisse
The Hidden Fortress
Like Someone in Love
Judex

Meier

City Watch @City_Watch
Huge story has just broken via Sport (Catalan newspaper) claiming Yaya has asked City to sell him and listen to any offers from major clubs.

I'm all for it. Great player (one of the best in the world, frankly) but the shit he's slinging means he should go. At least we'll save a fuckton on his loyalty bonus.

dc89

@City_Watch 2m
Huge story has just broken via Sport (Catalan newspaper) claiming Yaya has asked City to sell him and listen to any offers from major clubs.

Nice! I picked up Foreign Correspondent on CC's website sale. Need to finish up getting the Hitchcocks I don't own.
There are so many Hitchcock films released on bluray recently that I don't have the money or space for all of them so I'm just trying to get the essentials. Oddly enough my favourites of his are films like Rebecca, Strangers on a Train, and The 39 Steps.

I've picked up these so far:

A Hard Day's Night
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Life Aquatic
L'eclisse
The Hidden Fortress
Like Someone in Love
Judex
haha holy shit

Don't think I'll be splurging anymore on the sale. Might get that awesome Rossellini and Bergman set before it ends.

omgkitty

City Watch @City_Watch

I'm all for it. Great player (one of the best in the world, frankly) but the shit he's slinging means he should go. At least we'll save a fuckton on his loyalty bonus.

Do it Arsene. Make up for letting him go 15 years ago or whenever it was.

There are so many Hitchcock films released on bluray recently that I don't have the money or space for all of them so I'm just trying to get the essentials. Oddly enough my favourites of his are films like Rebecca, Strangers on a Train, and The 39 Steps.

haha holy shit

Don't think I'll be splurging anymore on the sale. Might get that awesome Rossellini and Bergman set before it ends.

I bought this set in a blind buy without having seen any of them, and I hated ALL OF THEM.

Barzul

Rafael Hernández &#8207;@RafaelH117 12s
Arsenal has submitted a bid for Alexis Sánchez, Barcelona are open to negotiations but are yet to respond.

This guy actually has Barca connections. If we announce Debuchy, Sanchez and Schneiderlin signings at once, I'd melt.

In all seriousness, Barca would be stupid to sell Sanchez before trying to find a middle ground with us

(Unless Sanchez just doesn't want to join us, which is a possibility)

Meier

I'm hating that we're included with the clubs being linked with Pogba. I'm not prepared for that level of muppetry.

Saw something last night that said you guys were prepping a £60m bid or something along those lines. Complete fabrication, undoubtedly.

Lightning

Banned
Meier I apologise if my post offended you. I was merely expressing my opinion on the matter and was posting from a purely footballing perspective rather than a heritage or personal level.

My opinion stays the same but I will drop the topic now.

GQman2121

Banned
Odemwingie pls

Saw something last night that said you guys were prepping a £60m bid or something along those lines. Complete fabrication, undoubtedly.

He's not moving. Not this summer. We'll see come January if things change. He's still so young.

Does Pogba count as HG? City could be in for him if they shift Toure.

Yes, he would be HG which undoubtedly strengthens his transfer fee.

Meier

Meier I apologise if my post offended you. I was merely expressing my opinion on the matter and was posting from a purely footballing perspective rather than a heritage or personal level.

My opinion stays the same but I will drop the topic now.

Water under the bridge. We agree to disagree. Let's hug it out.

tumblr_m4180hYj511qzwiae.gif

Imagine how good the World Cup would be if the African and Norh American countries really stepped up their game. CONCACAF seem promising, and will hopefully get even better as the MLS grows, but African football seems like it's been at a standstill for ages.

omgkitty

Imagine how good the World Cup would be if the African and Norh American countries really stepped up their game. CONCACAF seem promising, and will hopefully get even better as the MLS grows, but African football seems like it's been at a standstill for ages.

Does Africa even have any decent leagues? It seems like all the best players end up in Europe at a very young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom