• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

spX9EMk.jpg

NWcpZtK.png

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/QgHvSlC.png[IMG]

You guys (Juve) refused to sign him in 2010?? Any way to dig that up?[/QUOTE]

There will be lots of stories like this coming out. It happens all the time in American football when a guy who tried to get into X college but didn't and then becomes a star and the place who "turned him down" ends up needing someone in his position desperately. The reality is that he was probably offered to dozens of clubs and these clubs all receive countless similar offers all the time. Third party ownership restrictions and work permit issues usually are the culprit for English teams in not being able to sign young, South American starlets. I'm sure it affects Italian teams as well to an extent.

[quote="Yurt, post: 118891739"]I don't know why I'm still watching True Blood

Fuck my ex, make it stop HBO.[/QUOTE]

I didn't watch any of season 6 until the other day.. finally watched the first episode. I'll catch up one of these days (have avoided spoilers for the most part on s6). I am a season behind on Boardwalk Empire as well. Usually if my wife doesn't like a show I fall behind since I'd rather play a video game if we're not watching TV together.

Linius

The grass is a lie. It was muddy as fuck, lol.

Let's not pretend we care about the grass when looking at those pics m8

Have you seen her? I guess not eh. You always see pics of famous people going around Glasto and Coachella but people hardly ever spot them for real. I like it when artists playing a certain festival also go around the festival site. I saw a lot of band members walking around Best Kept Secret last week.

TeddyBoy

rumour has it they want Daniel Agger, so LFC have to people 2 barter with when it comes to getting Sanchez

I'm pretty sure that rumour was started by Liverpool fans Shogun, Barca seemed to want Agger previously but I don't think there have been any real links between them since Dalglish.

King_Moc

Banned
Let's not pretend we care about the grass when looking at those pics m8

Have you seen her? I guess not eh. You always see pics of famous people going around Glasto and Coachella but people hardly ever spot them for real. I like it when artists playing a certain festival also go around the festival site. I saw a lot of band members walking around Best Kept Secret last week.

I don't actually know who she is. I've been to 10 glastonbury's and my famous person walking around randomly is at 3. Emily Elvis, Alex Kapranos and Jarvis Cocker. Though seeing Jarvis randomly is amazing, it's gotta be said.

Meier

I'm still giggling at xenophobic

Why? That's what it is. Lightning equates playing for the USA as being foolish and lesser than Germany. That's xenophobia to a T. It's an irrational dislike of another country. How would you describe this sentence then?

Only a fool would choose the USA over playing for Germany.

Jingoistic?

Jarnet87

I'm pretty sure that rumour was started by Liverpool fans Shogun, Barca seemed to want Agger previously but I don't think there have been any real links between them since Dalglish.

Yeah dunno where this rumor started but it's been around for years now.

omgkitty

So it's going around that Southampton want 20m for Schneiderlin, which makes me think we should just go for Bender. Why the hell spend 20m for him when we could pay the same for someone much better?

Fintan

Why? That's what it is. Lightning equates playing for the USA as being foolish and lesser than Germany. That's xenophobia to a T. It's an irrational dislike of another country. How would you describe this sentence then?

Jingoistic?
I think he's talking more in terms of footballing reasons though, not that it's a worse country in a more general sense.

Considering that FIFA is basically a non-profit international governing body that makes billions, Real Madrid, Barca, Manchester City, United etc are basically franchises with the players as assets...

It's just a strategical move to ensure that you win one of the most prestigious trophies in football. Germany has a higher chance of winning it than the USA. Nothing to do with xenophobia, just cold hard decisions that has more to do with glory and fame than culture, the color of your skin or the average length of your dong.

operon

Jingoistic?

Meier Stop plz for all that is holy think again before you post this crap. The odds of the USA winning the world cup is much less than Germany winning it, hence why a player might choose Germany over USA. Its like comparing Sunderland to Barcalona

Jingoistic?

Ok

Let's put it this way: Brazil or Peru? Which would you choose?

France or Norway?

A well known Footballing super power vs a lesser team?

He's not attacking the country of the USA, their football team is just not as good as Germany because like, duh.

Wilbur

Banned

Jingoistic?

It's not the country. It's the country's football team.

inky

What's irrational about preferring to play with a country that plays better football, participate in better competitions and are overall better at the sport?

Picking Germany over the US is the definition of being rational.

operon

Ok

Let's put it this way: Brazil or Peru? Which would you choose?

France or Norway?

A well known Footballing super power vs a lesser team?

He's not attacking the country of the USA, their football team is just not as good as Germany because like, duh.

or the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland,

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I didn't watch any of season 6 until the other day.. finally watched the first episode. I'll catch up one of these days (have avoided spoilers for the most part on s6). I am a season behind on Boardwalk Empire as well. Usually if my wife doesn't like a show I fall behind since I'd rather play a video game if we're not watching TV together.
How very sweet of you bb Meier <3 a ginger at heart <3
It's so bad. On the bright side only 8 more episodes until its done forever. We are never gonna see Jessica's beautiful boobies set free.
Is it weird that I want Anna to bite my balls with her odd looking teeth? She's not even my type but for some reason I still I want her.

Jessica is gud. Not only for sack-biting mind mmm

Meier

There is more to the history or quality of a national team involved when making the decision on which country you represent. To say someone is "a fool" because they decide to represent a "throwaway country making up the numbers" is something that should be called out. It's inappropriate and has no place here. This isn't his first nor will it be Lightning's last negative post about the USA.

But it's my last post about this instance, so I'll drop it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jersey boy Joseph Red picked Italy too. I don't think he even speaks Italian

Meier calm down dude, Lightning hates Italy too but it's all light(ning) hearted hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom