• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Yes. Sorry, I was on the train entering the tunnel when I posted. I couldn't correct myself.

Yep, finished it on the PC

Thought it was a fantastic take on WW1 (history nerd speaking), and it looked god damn gorgeous. Mechanically simple, but bumps along at a nice pace and is challenging enough to keep you occupied. Never verges on frustrating at all.

But there are couple of cartoon-y characters which detract from the sombre tone it takes in places. Saying that, it does reflect the triumphalism people went into the war with (home by christmas and all that) and how quickly it turns to utter bleakness. Not a spoiler, but there is an "offensive level" which is one of the best things I have played in years.

Bottom line: Would highly recommend, if you fancy a quick but beautiful take on a period never really tackled by games. Has issues, but really interesting

#gamejournalism

There was a game against Tottenham a few seasons back. I think it was only 4-1 (maybe 4-0), but we were outplayed to a ridiculous degree. I don't remember us being being that easily ever, and I can remember games back to the '89 season.

That the one where we had 2 players sent off? I was distraught after that, and had erased it from memory :p

lolerpoollpbfz.png

/mort

Scum

Has anyone here used Intrepid or anything of its ilk for travelling? I need an extravagant trip away soon.

King_Moc

Banned
That the one where we had 2 players sent off? I was distraught after that, and had erased it from memory :p

Yeah, there were sendings off, but we were getting blitzed right from the off. Tottenham were amazing. I was really embarrassed.

We've had double revenge now though, so it's ok.

Yen

Show about Alan Hansen on bc. You could be forgiven for thinking he's dead. It showed him walking towards the camera in slow motion, with his own commentary in the background ("Dental plan. Lisa needs braces"), while Beck's Sea Change plays.

Show about Alan Hansen on bc. You could be forgiven for thinking he's dead. It showed him walking towards the camera in slow motion, with his own commentary in the background ("Dental plan. Lisa needs braces"), while Beck's Sea Change plays.
Its funny.

He wasn't even a good pundit.

Meier

Mangala will be the new David Luiz for PL FUT teams next year. So fucking fast, strong and wins every header in site.

GQman2121

Banned
Yep, finished it on the PC

Thought it was a fantastic take on WW1 (history nerd speaking), and it looked god damn gorgeous. Mechanically simple, but bumps along at a nice pace and is challenging enough to keep you occupied. Never verges on frustrating at all.

But there are couple of cartoon-y characters which detract from the sombre tone it takes in places. Saying that, it does reflect the triumphalism people went into the war with (home by christmas and all that) and how quickly it turns to utter bleakness. Not a spoiler, but there is an "offensive level" which is one of the best things I have played in years.

Bottom line: Would highly recommend, if you fancy a quick but beautiful take on a period never really tackled by games. Has issues, but really interesting

#gamejournalism

Nice. I appreciate it. :)

I was afraid to watch the Giant Bomb Quick Look because it does seem like something that is heavily character and narrative driven and I didn't want to risk spoiling anything. It seems right my ally, so I think I'll pick it up on PS4.

Marc

Just watched 'Jacob's Ladder'. Interesting film, can definitely see the influences in Silent Hill!

Great movie, always reminds me of altered states. Crazy films.

Have you seen Prince of Darkness? Another sort of experiment gone wrong film, not many have seen it though. Its got Alice Cooper in it, so you know its good.

Have you seen Prince of Darkness? Another sort of experiment gone wrong film, not many have seen it though. Its got Alice Cooper in it, so you know its good.

Prince of Darkness is fucked up. Underrated B-movie horror imo. <3 John Carpenter soundtracks.

GQman2121

Banned
What did everybody have for dinner?

I'm about to head to the bar for Orioles/Yanks and have fish tacos with $2 Coronas!

Mangala will be the new David Luiz for PL FUT teams next year. So fucking fast, strong and wins every header in site.

He seems a legit player. Would help any side that he's in.

Having said that, I think the fact that we were considering him but ultimately pulled out is fueling the idea that Zouma is not going out on loan this year, and will see times, or spell Terry throughout the year. It'll be nice to see one of these kids we buy finally wear our shirt in a meaningful game. Oscar was the last and that was two years ago.

Incredible film yeah.

Funny how Team Silent had all these American horror influences yet all the American devs that have tried couldn't make a good Silent Hill game.

:lol yeah, although I quite liked Downpour tbh, the side quests were interesting
dPrJaGc.png

Nope, I haven't. I like Carpenter though, The Thing is one of the GOATs of horror films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom