• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Has anyone seen Ospina other than when playing for Columbia? Not about to judge a keeper from 5 games.

Free and only 25. I'll take it.

omgkitty

Apparently he's a free agent so if we want him, it should be an easy deal.

Plus all the top clubs have seemingly signed a really good backup keeper this summer. City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, Bayern, and hopefully now us. Going off his form in the World Cup, Ospina should definitely challenge Szczesny.

Salvadora

Have a sinking feeling that we are going to end up in another group of death this year.

Although, playing Napoli/Dortmund was really quite exciting.
Figured it was, just too lazy to look.

Can't get overly excited about a backup GK, but he looked good at the World Cup.
He would be joining us on a free, so that is a positive I guess.
Salv, heading out to the bonnys?
:lol

Staying indoors and closing the curtains :p

jtb

Banned
my dream choice for a keeper would obviously be someone like Cech or Casillas, but even if their clubs are willing to offload them on a discount price, their wages are still far too high to only bring in as "competition".

Has anyone seen Ospina aside from Columbia. Not about to judge a keeper from 5 games.

FM legend. he'll be great.

Where are they building this new Tescos?

Hope you land on your feet whatever happens. :(

Where the Bishop Centre was I think

If the store went under it'd give me the kick up the arse I need to sort my future out. Even so, there are dozens of people who rely on working there, and I genuinely fear for the store's future. Anyway, I'll shut up now, never know who's reading this and whether saying this is a sackable offense :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
where's pulg and FF? Did they both die?

this is like Terminator 2 innit.

terminator-628.jpg

Did they both terminate each other? Did their existence depend on each other?

we salute you brothers

thumbsup.gif

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 35m
Man.

lol

This is where Sturridge ascends to deity status

Gonna be weird watching him next year. On the one hand, Suarez sometimes restricted him from doing what he probably wanted to do with the ball, but on the other having a senior strike-partner who gave him an earful for fucking up has kept him grounded, and kept his selfish play to a minimum

Funny. I just picked up Pogba on transfer as Chelsea's manager in FIFA. Oscar refused to sign long term so I sold him to Barca and got Pogba for $29 million, I think.

EmiPrime

Where the Bishop Centre was I think

If the store went under it'd give me the kick up the arse I need to sort my future out. Even so, there are dozens of people who rely on working there, and I genuinely fear for the store's future. Anyway, I'll shut up now, never know who's reading this and whether saying this is a sackable offense :p

Awww, I had no idea. My parents got me my first rabbit from the pet shop there.

From one former supermarket till monkey to another, yeah it sucks, get that university degree if you can.

Pretty much all based on European experience iirc

We've been out of the CL for a while, and our EL exploits haven't been anything to write home about. We could easily get a nightmare group, but gotta start again from somewhere innit.

Hoped our pre-2009/10 record would scrape us into pot 2, oh well

66% chance you end up with one of Bayern/Barca/Real/Atletico. Probably more looking at the rest of the group compositions.

Probably. We still won lots of games without him, but we're unarguably a much better team when he's healthy. I'm very nervous about him tbh.

I hope he is healthy and plays. I love watching him on the pitch.

As much as it would suck for United if he stays 100% fit, he is my favorite striker/forward in EPL.

66% chance you end up with one of Bayern/Barca/Real/Atletico. Probably more looking at the rest of the group compositions.

I'm done wallowing. New leaf, new corner, new order, new york new york it's a hell of a town. Gotta beat the best to be the best, unless you're Man Utd in a cup run

brendan-rodgers-2180889.jpg

Bring them the fuck on

rvy

Banned
When does Chelsea start playing friendlies? I look forward to watching Mour embarrass himself with Tactics Mou.

Salvadora

I'm done wallowing. New leaf, new corner, new order, new york new york it's a hell of a town. Gotta beat the best to be the best, unless you're Man Utd in a cup run

brendan-rodgers-2180889.jpg

Bring them the fuck on

Think it's entirely possible that some of those teams will underrate Liverpool or not know what to expect, given that you have been out of the competition so long.

That will work to your advantage.

Scum

Hitch? is a broken man tonight.

where's pulg and FF? Did they both die?

this is like Terminator 2 innit.

terminator-628.jpg

Did they both terminate each other? Did their existence depend on each other?

we salute you brothers

thumbsup.gif

They obviously needed each other. Yin & Yang innit.

Think it's entirely possible that some of those teams will underrate Liverpool or not know what to expect, given that you have been out of the competition so long.

That will work to your advantage.

Doesn't matter how highly they rate us when Sturridge is dancing past a centreback partnership of Mascherano and Alexander fucking dumbshit Song to score his 5th.

Not got a clue what we'll do in the CL. We have to play it smart, but I really think we could take the opposition by surprise, especially at Anfield, if we go full intensity, balls-out foot-on-the-throat dog-with-a-bone overkill mentalist like we did in a few games last season. This is where Rodgers needs to show that he's learned from last season, particularly with his in-game management. We can't afford to lose our discipline late on in tight games like we were last season. We were boss, but there were quite a lot of games where we were badly hanging on at the end, against team who are far inferior to the teams we'll be facing in Europe.

When third is worse than fourth, no reason not to attack like a swarm of wasps. We may have lost our bite, but we can still sting like a bitch
I fucking love bad metaphors if you hadn't noticed

Atletico Madrid....

Fuck's sake

Navas to Atletico, Ochoa to Liverpool. Done. Simple. Good for all parties. Keylor you utter bell.

Meier

City v Liverpool in 19 days. You've got time to get your travel plans in order, come and meet my wife and I!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom