• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore · 14m
Spoke to agent. Arsenal in advanced talks with Sami Khedira. Fuck me, they're getting serious.

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore · 10m
If Arsenal get Khedira, they win it. A great, great all round midfielder. The FA Cup parade has lit that Arsene fire again. Good to see.

That hype.

What is 7.8 a week?

Salvadora

£150,000 p/w.

Crikey.

Comes across as an insurmountable obstacle as I can't see him lowering the wage demands to something more reasonable.

epg1F7P.gif

Those tights. My weakness.

wedward

£150,000 p/w.

Crikey.

Comes across as an insurmountable obstacle as I can't see him lowering the wage demands to something more reasonable.

Is that what Madrid are offering him?

Can't see anyone else giving him that. Maybe Chelsea but I don't think they are interested.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Khedira is nothing special

but he can run for Ozil, if you know what I mean.

Arsene we were kidding pls calm down bb

wedward

Reposting if anyone didn't see it.

I don't know. I'm not convinced that Wenger wants to play with someone who is more defensive. We haven't had someone like that since Silva. Most the top teams don't really play with a pure defensive mid anymore. Khedira and Ramsey should be able to protect the back 4 and they are both good going forward.

Really depends on the money though. 150 won't happen.

Jarnet87

Ancelotti wants to sell Di Maria and bring on Kroos to run his Christmas Tree. It's been his ultimate plan all along.

^ Arsene has gone crazy like Fergie did, except old senile Arsene now likes to spend money without giving a fuck.

Salvadora

Don't know how to feel about Khedira, really.

On the one hand, he's better than most give him credit for, but on the other, his heroics against Brazil are not indicative of his usual performances.

Certainly not a £150,000 p/w player, that's for sure.

I don't know. I'm not convinced that Wenger wants to play with someone who is more defensive. We haven't had someone like that since Silva. Most the top teams don't really play with a pure defensive mid anymore. Khedira and Ramsey should be able to protect the back 4 and they are both good going forward.

Really depends on the money though. 150 won't happen.
@DeanLDN22 says main target is Schneiderlin. As I've said before, he would suit us down to a tee. Yes, a more exciting signing would be nice in the midfield area, but we just need someone who can screen the back 4 and intercept passes to move onto our more attacking players.

wedward

@DeanLDN22 says main target is Schneiderlin. As I've said before, he would suit us down to a tee. Yes, a more exciting signing would be nice in the midfield area, but we just need someone who can screen the back 4 and intercept passes to move onto our more attacking players.

I don't think Dean knows everything that is going on at the club.

We will see I guess. I think we are talking to all three players. Bender is probably the safest bet. Might be the hardest to get.

Scum

Free knows whaa gwan. :p
Schneiderlin would be great for Arsenal, but 3Sixty would be really pissed to see more players leave.

Money + Ox on loan for him might not be a bad idea though...

wedward

Free knows whaa gwan. :p
Schneiderlin would be great for Arsenal, but 3Sixty would be really pissed to see more players leave.

Money + Ox on loan for him might not be a bad idea though...

Ox isn't going anywhere.

Have you seen a picture of Theo's knee?

Ox will probably start every cup game and get plenty of league games.

GQman2121

Banned
They're airing the 2003 high school dunk contest right now at the bar because Lebron...

Anyway, sponsored by Gamecube just flashed up on the screen before the commercial and I felt old. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom