• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with a bit of Biscotti.

certe%20biscotti.jpg

When fresh, these things are god-tier.

MY MAN

Meier

I was thinking of old movies that I watched as a kid and I'm here to tell you youngsters about the GOAT.

Blackbeard's Ghost.

Blackbeards-Ghost-Poster.jpg

I need a remake of this.

GQman2121

Banned
It seems that this year too we'll have the shitty double sponsor... fucking De Laurentiis would put another team's logo if people gave him enough money.
I mean, ok you don't want to put more interesting and international sponsor and you also don't want to use a technical sponsor which are way more recognizable and cool like Adidas, Nike or Puma (hell even Umbro would be great) BUT AT LEAST BE ELEGANT IN WHAT YOU DO

DO THIS (shitty 5 minutes of photoshop):

NOT THIS:

I don't think you understand why sponsors are willing to spend so much money to have THEIR logos associated with your club. No one is worried about vanity when it comes to business. It's brand association and mind share.

Would an all white Chevy logo look best on United's shirt? Absolutely. But that's not what appears on Chevy's cars and trucks.

GHG

Gold Member

My wife made me some for the 1st time the other week. It literally went like this:

"WTF have you made me these funny looking biscuit things for, go buy me some custard cr.... OMG what is this?! Where has it been all my life?! Nom nom nom"

Seriously, if you've never had these home made or fresh from a bakery go seek out fresh ones or bake them yourself.

pulga

Banned
It seems that this year too we'll have the shitty double sponsor... fucking De Laurentiis would put another team's logo if people gave him enough money.
I mean, ok you don't want to put more interesting and international sponsor and you also don't want to use a technical sponsor which are way more recognizable and cool like Adidas, Nike or Puma (hell even Umbro would be great) BUT AT LEAST BE ELEGANT IN WHAT YOU DO

DO THIS (shitty 5 minutes of photoshop):

NOT THIS:

Could be worse:

BrX9LQXCYAErcgv.jpg:large

Intel-FC-Barcelona.jpg

RIP UNICEF

Razor554

@lucasammr: Messi's best journo friend, @jorgetopolopez, died a few hours ago in Brazil after a car fleeing from the Police hit his. What a shame.

Thats sad. His twitter profile pic is a photo with Messi..

447b13671469c3bcbf48fdfb95be271c_400x400.jpeg

And apparently his wife learned of his passing through twitter, when Simeone sent her his condolences:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10956640/Diego-Simeone-unwittingly-informs-woman-about-the-death-of-her-husband-at-World-Cup-with-Twitter-post.html

damn

GHG

Gold Member
So what was this bullshit news Veysey was talking about? They ever post it?

lookatthisitsfuckingnothing.gif

He's talking out of his arse, just like 99.9% of the time.

I'd love us to jump on Di Maria as well though.

wedward

Get ready boys.

We are about to see Messi go from mere mortal to something beyond any of our imaginations.

He is the one.

3Sixty

"Started calling my girlfriend Brazil, because every 5 minutes she kicks off"

:lol always the simple ones that get me.

wedward

Does Bernard play left or right?

If it's right there is no chance we are after him.

If it's left there is a the slimmest of chances.

YAAGaFI.png

Juan Iturbe - The little Messi on his way to Bayern?

Yurt. Pls understand.

Little Messi? lol, the only thing that he has in common with Messi is the job. Oh and they're both from Argentina.

Also, only Zabo and I were hyping him. We used to like him before anybody else. #iTurbeHipsters

Barzul

Honestly Bernard is by far more feasible than Griezzmann who won't sell for anything less than his rc. Must mean one of Poldi or Cazorla is off imo. Joel Campbell is probably a goner too. Bernard will cost 20m euros max.

Meier

Does Bernard play left or right?

If it's right there is no chance we are after him.

If it's left there is a the slimmest of chances.

He was on the left exclusively yesterday. He's a very talented player, but he's very, very slight. You'd think he's just not cut out for the Premier League.

Barzul

Sociedad has quoted Griezmann at 25m.

And you think we're going to spend 25m pounds on him? Wishful thinking at it's best. Won't happen. I'm refusing to even consider it, because it's simply setting myself for disappointment. There have been no strong links in English or Spanish press. All I see is the fact that Wenger saying he looks good when commenting for French TV being used. What else is he supposed to say, that he's shit? Express is a rag. Even the Mirror are above them.

We were all laughing at this sweet old man yesterday, but I really love this photo now. He gives the trophy to a German supporter, congratulates her and wishes the Germans luck. So sweet.

It's a tough balance because the players want to play as much as possible. The pressure is also high for results and you have to stick with whomever is in form.
That pic just begs for a subtle black censor bar over a certain area..:p

pulga

Banned
And you think we're going to spend 25m pounds on him? Wishful thinking at it's best. Won't happen. I'm refusing to even consider it, because it's simply setting myself for disappointment. There have been no strong links in English or Spanish press. All I see is the fact that Wenger saying he looks good when commenting for French TV being used. What else is he supposed to say, that he's shit? Express is a rag. Even the Mirror are above them.

kSShnIx.png

LeleSocho

Banned
I don't think you understand why sponsors are willing to spend so much money to have THEIR logos associated with your club. No one is worried about vanity when it comes to business. It's brand association and mind share.

Would an all white Chevy logo look best on United's shirt? Absolutely. But that's not what appears on Chevy's cars and trucks.
Oh no trust me i understand perfectly but these are some of the things that distinguishes an high profile team to one that it is not.
The Chevrolet logo might not be fantastic but it's not an abomination like the ones i posted and it kind of blends with the teams colors... these things are curated at the very least, like the Barca-Intel thing, a double sponsor would look so bad that they put it on the inside making the pun with Intel's slogan.
As i said here the society would be able to put an huge "FORZA JUVE VINCI PER NOI" on the jacket as long as there's a moneyhat, fuck this year we had a disgusting camo jacket... how insane is that?

Also DeLa always bitches on how he wants to make the Napoli brand stronger and how he wants its merchandise to sell more, now as big as is the love for the team how the hell can you demand that people buy such an ugly thing? People here are already poor as fuck, if you don't give them incentives to buy... i saw people refusing to buy the Coppa Italia jacket (first trophy we won since Maradona) because it looked too bad.

Could be worse:

BrX9LQXCYAErcgv.jpg:large

Intel-FC-Barcelona.jpg

RIP UNICEF

i wish we had thousands of sponsors on the inside

Barzul

Not upset just feel Arsenal fans need to be a bit more rational about our potential signings. Signing Sanchez and Griezzmann in the same window just isn't happening. I want it to, but honestly I'd rather see that money spent on a CF.

wedward

Signing a racist and kidnapping children.

Shady Neymar contract.

Having 3 sponsors and a charity on your kit.

MES QUE UN CLUB.

jtb

Banned
Not upset just feel Arsenal fans need to be a bit more rational about our potential signings. Signing Sanchez and Griezzmann in the same window just isn't happening. I want it to, but honestly I'd rather see that money spent on a CF.

we are not getting a CF unless you count bargain bin Remy as a CF signing

jtb

Banned
What else would you count him as?

I think Remy is a good option to have. There aren't any world class strikers available.

I like Remy but it's not like signing him would be particularly expensive and keep us from signing Griezmann or any other similarly priced players (~25m-ish) if we wanted. I don't think it (signing Griezmann) is going to happen, but it should.

So apparently we bid 7mil on Rabiot? (doubt it but still)

fuck sign me up

Seems like the surgery fixed him (for now). He's recovering faster than expected but still can't train with the team. Expected back for September, like Reus.
Good good. One of the most fun players to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom