• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

I like Remy but it's not like signing him would be particularly expensive and keep us from signing Griezmann or any other similarly priced players (~25m-ish) if we wanted. I don't think it (signing Griezmann) is going to happen, but it should.

If we don't sign Griezmann it's not because we signed Remy.

Barzul

I like Remy but it's not like signing him would be particularly expensive and keep us from signing Griezmann or any other similarly priced players (~25m-ish) if we wanted. I don't think it (signing Griezmann) is going to happen, but it should.
Well we're spending roughly 40m pounds on Debuchy and Sanchez. I'd rather throw 25m at a solid DM than on another forward who isn't a striker.

Manager

City Watch @City_Watch · 2h
According to new reports, City paid Malaga £4.4m for Willy Caballero with add-ons set to raise the total to £6m over his 3-year deal.

Bargain. I'll go with these figures. Roma apparently have given us a July 21st deadline to sign Benatia. Just get it done, Mangala can fuck off.

It's really hard to understand wtf is going on. Mangala doesn't seem to want to come and has that asshole Mendez, Mourinho's friend, as agent. And people say Benatia is the backup and yet is forcing him out of that club. So, what, City are just waiting on Mangala's yes/no and keeps Benatia fighting with his own club? If Mangala says yes, would City just kick away Benatia to the side, with his relationship with Roma ruined? It can't be like that, would make Txiki look like an asshole. There must be something missing, like Mangala already having rejected City or something.

Marc

Right, sorry, busy day... gonna do my list. This thread moves so damn fast at times.

No order, fuck trying to do that.

Modric
Rakitic
Toure
Ramsey
Fabregas
Thiago
Kroos
Muller
Pirlo
Vidal

I thought about Ramsey a bit because people might argue he has had one great season but for the Olympics, his national team and at Arsenal when he wasn't played wide he was always great. Admired him for a long time, just needed a run of games in his preferred position at full fitness.

Obviously ClevGod, Stevie G and Lamps miss out by a hair.

LTTP my top 10 list:

Kroos
Xavi
Fabregas
Modric
Toure
Pogba
Khedira
Thiago
Vidal
Pirlo

Yes, I think Xavi can still make some of these people look average.

I'll start with just a PL list, since that's the league I know best:

Toure
Fernandinho
Gerrard
Henderson
Matic
Ramsey
Arteta
Barry
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Cabaye
Jedinak

and this is purely based on the last season, there are lots of very good midfielders who perhaps had some quite poor seasons.

Vidal
Modric
Busquets
Kroos
Toure
Martinez
Pirlo

I'm kind of stuck here.

Vidal, Verratti, Ozil, Schweni, Iniesta, Modric, De Rossi, Martinez, Oscar, Hazard

If we are going for pure CM's (AM is such an loose term as already discussed) my top ten would be summat like, in no particular order

Thiago
Toure
Vidal
Pirlo
Schweinstegier
Modric
Kroos
Marchisio
Fabregas
Pogba

Probably missed loads.....

Ramsey
Toure
Vidal
Pirlo
Pogba
Pjanic
Modric
Busquets
Iniesta
Kroos
Thiago

Off the top of my head, the best ones. There will be loads I've missed, but there's eleven there already okay so shut the FUCK UP

Schweini Fabregas Matic Martinez Marchisio Cleverley Verratti Cabaye Moutinho Strootman

This photo of a brazil fan eating his shirt had me in stitches.

451869464-an-emotional-brazil-fan-reacts-after-being-defeated-by.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Watching The International

The teamwork and knowledge of the game's depth is ridiculous

@cartoon_soldier, I regard him as an inside forward more than an AM either way

omgkitty

City linked with him recently as well. I didn't realize it until I read the article, but he spent some time in our academy. Bounced around quite a bit.

He should do what most young French players do and go to a shit team to get experience and then end up at like Arsenal or somewhere else in a couple years after he has experience. Think Arsenal should sign him regardless and send him on loan.

That was a different time.

Now a days AM is just a winger/forward and got knows what else combined.

To me if you sit in the hole behind the #9 you're a midfielder. The trequartista role is really a midfield role if you think about it.

Not doing guys like de Bruyne and Rakitic justice if you make it into a separate role.

To me if you sit in the hole behind the #9 you're a midfielder. The trequartista role is really a midfield role if you think about it.

Not doing guys like de Bruyne and Rakitic justice if you make it into a separate role.

Will just quote from the first page:

AM is such a broad term these days, that pretty much opens up every attacking player to be included. Most "AMs" play a pretty significant amount of football on the wings in modern football so I think if you wanted to look at top midfielders you should stick to CM and DM players.

That's why we decided not to include AMs in the lists.

No Wilson on pre season? But LvG you promised.

I'm really looking forward to the 'but what did they really pay' arguments re: Suarez.

The full amount
I can't believe for a second that Liverpool will allow a statement which says anything other than the exact amount and that payment came up front - like we did with Ronaldo.

Barzul

I think Man Utd do get Vidal this summer. Could have a terrifying midfield when this summer is up. They need another LB and CB though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom