• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I don't get the Mangala hype from what I've seen of him

I watched quite a few Porto games since they're my unofficial second team and he's raw, but he's an absolute diamond in the rough. He actually reminds me a LOT of Kompany in this play style. I think he'll become world class, but Benatia already is. We're obviously holding out since he's younger and a more long term answer possibly, but Benatia only turned 27 in April so we'd get a solid 5-6 years out of him easily if we'd like.

Papers say we have agreements with both clubs (Mangala costing £32m, Benatia £30m) but we're waiting on him. France finally getting knocked out of the Cup should help a bit. Benatia is willing to forgo a £3m bonus he is due to join and has publicly said he'd like to play for us. This is the kind of player I want.

I wonder if our kits will be cheaper now because Puma.

Kits will never get cheaper for big clubs. Someone posted the catalog yesterday and it was £50 for a basic shirt (no printing).

Jarnet87

Next week marks Oscar's two year anniversary since signing with Chelsea Football Club. Over that period he's started or taken part in 156 matches(!) for club and country.

I don't care that he's only 22 years old (will be 23 this fall), that is a fuckton of miles on that kids still developing body. I hope by this time next week he's resting on a beach somewhere with his feet up, cock in some young model and decompressing from this awful world cup experience. He needs to do that for a solid two weeks before he reports and links back up with the club in Holland or Germany.

Chelsea don't rotate their squad enough in my opinion, they've been incredibly lucky to avoid a lot of injury crisis.

a.pomf.se/silqdh.webm

ismgqxX0j3t6i.png

ibra, please break him. he deserves it.

wHbmoJU.jpg

GHG

Gold Member
Next week marks Oscar's two year anniversary since signing with Chelsea Football Club. Over that period he's started or taken part in 156 matches(!) for club and country.

I don't care that he's only 22 years old (will be 23 this fall), that is a fuckton of miles on that kids still developing body. I hope by this time next week he's resting on a beach somewhere with his feet up, cock in some young model and decompressing from this awful world cup experience. He needs to do that for a solid two weeks before he reports and links back up with the club in Holland or Germany.

Don't worry, he can talk to Fabregas about how all that mileage at such a young age will effect his body in his mid 20's. Book a call in with Rooney if you want him to understand how it will effect him in his late 20's.

He will peak in the next 2/3 years. Just like every other young attack minded footballer who has gone through a similar thing.

omgkitty

Metro made up the rumour based on some German sources which don't exist. Goal then repeated this rumour etc.

Expect to see it on the BBC tomorrow.

Yeah it's been quoted by Draxler and Schalke that he's staying this season and going nowhere. Why people insist on making up these terrible rumors is beyond me.

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays 1m

Antoine Griezmann has rejected a two year contract extension with Real Sociedad. [AS]

Please just buy him. PLEASEEEEEE

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah it's been quoted by Draxler and Schalke that he's staying this season and going nowhere. Why people insist on making up these terrible rumors is beyond me.

Please just buy him. PLEASEEEEEE

-------------Sanchez------------
Griezmann----Ozil------Theo
-------Ramsey----Khedira-----

tumblr_m0blotmMe61r2a24bo1_500.gif

GQman2121

Banned
We were all laughing at this sweet old man yesterday, but I really love this photo now. He gives the trophy to a German supporter, congratulates her and wishes the Germans luck. So sweet.

Chelsea don't rotate their squad enough in my opinion, they've been incredibly lucky to avoid a lot of injury crisis.

Don't worry, he can talk to Fabregas about how all that mileage at such a young age will effect his body in his mid 20's. Book a call in with Rooney if you want him to understand how it will effect him in his late 20's.

He will peak in the next 2/3 years. Just like every other young attack minded footballer who has gone through a similar thing.

It's a tough balance because the players want to play as much as possible. The pressure is also high for results and you have to stick with whomever is in form.

GHG

Gold Member
What about Jacky boy? Are Arsenal fans over him?

Until he learns to become more disciplined in his role he will need to rotate with everyone else in midfield. He's still got huge potential IMO but his development seems to have stalled (due to injury mostly) in the last few years. He doesn't dominate and impose himself on games like he needs to if he's going to play alongside Ramsey.

Having said that he'll have a huge part to play this season as we inevitably will pick up a fair few injuries.

pulga

Banned
So Wilshere joins the likes of Suso and Cleverly as hyped up youth prospects which inevitably flopped

but i guess everyone is gonna quote me now and say it was all a joke
e5YuU.gif

bud

Ramsey is better, and Wilshere isn't a DM. As far as we're concerned, Wilshere is backup to Ramsey / Ozil.

neither is ramsey, though--he'll be so much better as a number ten. it's only a matter of time.

wilshere will take the spot behind him.

LeleSocho

Banned
It seems that this year too we'll have the shitty double sponsor... fucking De Laurentiis would put another team's logo if people gave him enough money.
I mean, ok you don't want to put more interesting and international sponsor and you also don't want to use a technical sponsor which are way more recognizable and cool like Adidas, Nike or Puma (hell even Umbro would be great) BUT AT LEAST BE ELEGANT IN WHAT YOU DO

DO THIS (shitty 5 minutes of photoshop):

NOT THIS:

GHG

Gold Member
So Wilshere joins the likes of Suso and Cleverly as hyped up youth prospects which inevitably flopped

but i guess everyone is gonna quote me now and say it was all a joke
e5YuU.gif

He's nowhere near being Cleverly flop tier. And who the feck is Suso?

Wilbur

Banned
And Biscotti says:

All I reported (3 days ago) was that Juve wd sell Vidal for the right price whereas until recently their preference was to sell Pogba (who wd go for more). That's it.

What I said - 5 days ago! - is what Juve have been briefing for weeks: they have to sell one of Pogba/Vidal, if they can't get crazy money for Pogba, they'll sell Vidal. That's it. Might also mean they don't sell him to MU or they don't get offer they want or MU signs some1 else. Or nobody.

No bid made AFAIK. Juve said all along they'd sell one or the other for the right price.

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking hell. I wonder if they can keep the news from him..

Mm, that's what I thought. Sounds awful, but he has an excuse if they play poorly tonight (obviously he'd prefer it otherwise)

Really don't mind who wins tonight, I just hope they beat Germany in the final.

this

Wilbur. FIFA?

Just on my way to work now baby! Sorry. On the train.

Gonna miss the first half tonight :( hopefully it's not similar to last night's one lool

And Biscotti says:

All I reported (3 days ago) was that Juve wd sell Vidal for the right price whereas until recently their preference was to sell Pogba (who wd go for more). That's it.

What I said - 5 days ago! - is what Juve have been briefing for weeks: they have to sell one of Pogba/Vidal, if they can't get crazy money for Pogba, they'll sell Vidal. That's it. Might also mean they don't sell him to MU or they don't get offer they want or MU signs some1 else. Or nobody.

No bid made AFAIK. Juve said all along they'd sell one or the other for the right price.

Hahaha he's called Marcotti not Biscotti! That was a typo!

Yen

Until he learns to become more disciplined in his role he will need to rotate with everyone else in midfield. He's still got huge potential IMO but his development seems to have stalled (due to injury mostly) in the last few years. He doesn't dominate and impose himself on games like he needs to if he's going to play alongside Ramsey.

Having said that he'll have a huge part to play this season as we inevitably will pick up a fair few injuries.

He's also a twat. Though there's ways of dealing with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom