• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

Barça va iniciar negociacions amb Marotta sobre la venda de Pogba [rac1]

Zubi pls

centre-backs, have you heard of those before?

Elchele

jbfd9sI7s3qxuK.png

who in the fuck is the kid between Lewa and Lucas Scholl. Modric's bastard son?

GHG

Gold Member
Wiltord was an Invincible. He was a good player. He was no Henry or Vieira, but he played his part.

Yep. And when I said that it wasn't a bad thing. Remy would do a very similar job to the one Wiltord did for us. Can cover all 3 front positions if necessary and would chip in with quite a few valuable goals/assists for us.

Scoring the title winning goal on May 16th 2015 at Old Trafford would be the icing on the cake :) .

Haha sorry guys, auto correct on my phone.

Now posting from computer so no more errors.

He did say that though it was on ESPN. I'm just reporting what is being said.

Meier

City Watch @City_Watch · 2h
According to new reports, City paid Malaga £4.4m for Willy Caballero with add-ons set to raise the total to £6m over his 3-year deal.

Bargain. I'll go with these figures. Roma apparently have given us a July 21st deadline to sign Benatia. Just get it done, Mangala can fuck off.

Jarnet87

Yep. And when I said that it wasn't a bad thing. Remy would do a very similar job to the one Wiltord did for us. Can cover all 3 front positions if necessary and would chip in with quite a few valuable goals/assists for us.

Scoring the title winning goal on May 16th 2015 at Old Trafford would be the icing on the cake :) .

Arsenal title contention and May?

1386093883522.gif

Securing 4th place? Absolutely.

pulga

Banned
The list of league champions is still hysterically out of date. Not to mention the league lists still have teams that were relegated.

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING

but no one pays attention to me

forever alone

i must commit sudoku

K1LLER7

That Marcotti guy said Juve would sell "for the right price".

So nothing new really. We'll just have to bid £60m

Benatia to City

Mangala to Liverpool. 2 French centrebacks. Hmm.

I thought Mangala was off to City?! They've been chasing him for ages. He would cost a bomb though I think (over £30m) which is why we said we weren't interested even when he said he'd rather join us over City.

I thought Mangala was off to City?! They've been chasing him for ages. He would cost a bomb though I think (over £30m) which is why we said we weren't interested even when he said he'd rather join us over City.

ABORT

ABORT

Though that's not that much more expensive than Mustard Dejan

Barzul

1386093883522.gif

Are you under the impression that we won't progress beyond where we are? And this is not me saying we will win it. If you told me Liverpool would finish second before last season, I would've had a similar reaction I suppose. We're not going to finish 4th forever you know. Just like we weren't going to be trophyless forever.

GHG

Gold Member

1386093883522.gif

16th of May, Old Trafford. 4th place decider. Book it.

Champions section at Old Trafford to be renamed Champions League section.

4523049597_775f9e9214_z.jpg

If we aren't in contention to win the league at OT I will settle for that.

Jarnet87

Are you under the impression that we won't progress beyond where we are? And this is not me saying we will win it. If you told me Liverpool would finish second before last season, I would've had a similar reaction I suppose. We're not going to finish 4th forever you know. Just like we weren't going to be trophyless forever.

Until it happens, nope.

pulga

Banned
yurt what is there to do

Juve is selling the whole team apparently

maybe its time to repurpose the club into a full blown museum

its over

all over

Problem is that someone has to do a job updating all the images and links in the OP

Give someone some time m8s

I don't get the Mangala hype from what I've seen of him

I'm only rating him based on the hype tbh, don't think I watched a single Porto game last season. He's 4th choice CB for France which doesn't speak too much to his actual ability weighed against his reputation. He's only 23 though.

fake edit: according to wikipedia, Benatia already plays for City :p

omgkitty

Every damn off season, I look at our squad and think "If we just added a couple more players to these key areas, we'd be so much better next season!" It's happened almost every summer. I've always felt we were close to having a full well balanced squad, and then we either don't sign who we need or our best player leaves, and it all goes tits up. This summer it looks like it's actually happening. Wenger is actually doing what I've always said we needed. It's crazy. I know the summer isn't over and we haven't signed a DM yet, but it looks like Wenger knows it's time.

GHG

Gold Member
Every damn off season, I look at our squad and think "If we just added a couple more players to these key areas, we'd be so much better next season!" It's happened almost every summer. I've always felt we were close to having a full well balanced squad, and then we either don't sign who we need or our best player leaves, and it all goes tits up. This summer it looks like it's actually happening. Wenger is actually doing what I've always said we needed. It's crazy. I know the summer isn't over and we haven't signed a DM yet, but it looks like Wenger knows it's time.

There's still plenty of time yet for Cazorla to swan off back to spain, Pod to go back to Germany. Then Diaby will get injured for the season, Theo will be half the player he was before his ACL injury and then we're right back where we started...

GQman2121

Banned
Next week marks Oscar's two year anniversary since signing with Chelsea Football Club. Over that period he's started or taken part in 156 matches(!) for club and country.

I don't care that he's only 22 years old (will be 23 this fall), that is a fuckton of miles on that kids still developing body. I hope by this time next week he's resting on a beach somewhere with his feet up, cock in some young model and decompressing from this awful world cup experience. He needs to do that for a solid two weeks before he reports and links back up with the club in Holland or Germany.

omgkitty

There's still plenty of time yet for Cazorla to swan off back to spain, Pod to go back to Germany. Then Diaby will get injured for the season, Theo will be half the player he was before his ACL injury and then we're right back where we started...

I don't think Cazorla is leaving, Podolski is a backup, I don't even consider Diaby an Arsenal player any more, and we have Sanchez now. Why some people insist on always being negative towards our team is ridiculous. Have some faith for once. We're actually doing good things and "fans" still insist on shitting on their players. Go follow Chelsea or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom