• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
please understand. I really wanted to go

Also, the place looked like a videogame, there were guys dressed with suits as security guys walking around the place like enemies in videogames. And there was the 'doctor' in charge who looked right out of Hannibal

Don't talk to me about food ever again.

Football Clichés ‏@FootballCliches
Derby County's kit launch was a slick affair:
BsVyHZgCAAEWwUZ.jpg

Keogh's face is amazing. Why do some footballers have such trouble doing ordinary poses? I like the transparency of the badge.

FYI all deals we (LFC) are rumored to be doing right now are not financed by the Suarez money, Moreno, Marko, Betrand, all started before that.

Linius

Bud, Elsk, you guys use some sort of extension? Not that I want to read that thread but it annoys me it craps out on me. Damn you Hixx.

Yen

FYI all deals we (LFC) are rumored to be doing right now are not financed by the Suarez money, Moreno, Marko, Betrand, all started before that.

£80m for the four players I mentioned last page + the £40m we've already spent before the Suarez money.

K1LLER7

El Mercurio's front page today: "Manchester United offer many millions for Vidal, but wants to see his knee first"

Yurt he's crocked. Keep him.

kharma45

Errr.. what? He's just applying the ratio (of 27 starts) to a full season so that you can better compare numbers with Suarez.

Truly RAWK hysteria at its worst.

It's a stupid assumption to make. Goals in those games doesn't guarantee goals in hypothetical ones.

Why the hell does it take another two weeks to show our new shirt?

Fuck Puma. We have pre-season matches before that :lol Will we play in the training shirts or what

In other news, looks like Immobile will take the 9 and Ramos the 20.

Baki

Lol there's no distinction between Suarez money and existing club money. They knew they were going to sell him beforehand and abu additional purchases needed to be planned ahead.

Zabojnik

El Mercurio's front page today: "Manchester United offer many millions for Vidal, but wants to see his knee first"

Yurt he's crocked. Keep him.

You mean the knee that held like a fucking rock after he played in the WC just a couple of weeks after surgery? Lol. It's wasn't even a ligament injury, btw.
LEAVE HIM ALONE.

GorillaJu

It's a stupid assumption to make. Goals in those games doesn't guarantee goals in hypothetical ones.

I... I just don't see what is wrong with that. Seems like the strangest thing to get hung up on. If you said "Ibra scored 10 goals in 20 games, but how many would he score if he had a full season?" I'd say "probably 20!" But the weirdest thing is that the number of goals he scored is basically inconsequential to the substance of his post. No one has to read it, it just stuck out that of all the things to be said, you, in a moment of righteous indignation, shut that browser tab down right away when you saw someone extrapolating goal tally from a ratio of goals:games.

Lol there's no distinction between Suarez money and existing club money. They knew they were going to sell him beforehand and abu additional purchases needed to be planned ahead.

Of course we planned the purchases we're in the midst of now beforehand, but all the ones we've completed so far have been made with the assumption that the Suarez deal will fall through.

rvy

Banned
You mean the knee that held like a fucking rock after he played in the WC just a couple of weeks after surgery? Lol. It's wasn't even a ligament injury, btw.
LEAVE HIM ALONE.

His knees are fucked. Pogba and Di Maria are the chosen ones. Inter will buy Vidal.

No it's still stupid. You can't just assume someone would score in the games they didn't feature in.

Were you complaining about it when people mentioned last season that Van Persie's scoring record was actually really good, and extrapolated from that that you'd have had a better season if he was fit more often?

I wouldn't expect any fancy signings for LFC this window.

How is that relevant?

Suarez's confirmed sale opens up a huge amount of money that we can spend, having already gone through the amount of money we already had to spend. Whether we can attract anyone worth spending a huge portion of the new money on is beside the point, the fact is that the money is there.

Linius

I think I'm gonna go full twat and buy a Barca jersey with Suarez on the back at the Camp Nou next week. It will look glorious.

I am also against "goal extrapolation" as a means of demonstrating a players ability to score goals.

Interesting points made though re:- Liverpool's possible thinking in the market.

Were you complaining about it when people mentioned last season that Van Persie's scoring record was actually really good, and extrapolated from that that you'd have had a better season if he was fit more often?

Goals per games/minute or whatever is not the same thing though. Can't remember exactly but RVP scored something like 15 in 20 iirc. It was his scoring rate in the games he did play which remained solid.

That's not the same as saying - play double the games score double the goals.

Why the hell does it take another two weeks to show our new shirt?

Fuck Puma. We have pre-season matches before that :lol Will we play in the training shirts or what

In other news, looks like Immobile will take the 9 and Ramos the 20.

Puma were too busy launching our new shirt. Puma don't give a fuck about anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom