• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

BsVzAY3IQAAOqdH.jpg

goals pls
If he regains his Twente form we should be good. We've been lacking a clinical nr 9 for some years now.

Blablurn

My gf is the best. I told her I was about to buy a LeBron James x Cleveland shirt. She told me not to do it. Cause she already ordered one <3333

LNBL

Depay will get nr 7 IF :( he plays for us this season.
1 Jeroen Zoet
4 Santiago Arias
5 Jeffrey Bruma
6 Adam Maher
7 Memphis Depay
8 Stijn Schaars
10 Georginio Wijnaldum
11 Luciano Narsingh

Numbers are a bit weird imo, nr 4 for a rightback, 11 for a right winger and that 6 for Maher has always been ugly as well.

Yen

Football Clichés &#8207;@FootballCliches
Derby County's kit launch was a slick affair:
BsVyHZgCAAEWwUZ.jpg

Richard Keogh's face when he realises he's standing in front of an anarcho-syndicalist flag.

Ed Malyon &#8207;@eaamalyon
World Cup final to be an all-white vs all-blue affair. Neither side wearing their traditional ensemble

confuziz

Banned
Depay will get nr 7 IF :( he plays for us this season.
1 Jeroen Zoet
4 Santiago Arias
5 Jeffrey Bruma
6 Adam Maher
7 Memphis Depay
8 Stijn Schaars
10 Georginio Wijnaldum
11 Luciano Narsingh

Numbers are a bit weird imo, nr 4 for a rightback, 11 for a right winger and that 6 for Maher has always been ugly as well.

needs more Defour

The most THRILLING transfer saga of the summer is finally over.

YhKipix.jpg

It's official. 4.75m euro in three annual installments, with Rami paying 500k out of his own pocket. Such a Galliani deal.

I think this is an absolute steal, considering how much money shit CBs like Astori are going for. We got Alex and Rami for next to nothing, and we'll probably keep Zapata who impressed at the WC. Our CBs are set for the year, nice work Gold Tie.

Hixx

Football Clichés &#8207;@FootballCliches
Derby County's kit launch was a slick affair:
BsVyHZgCAAEWwUZ.jpg

Richard Keogh's face when he realises he's standing in front of an anarcho-syndicalist flag.

Ed Malyon &#8207;@eaamalyon
World Cup final to be an all-white vs all-blue affair. Neither side wearing their traditional ensemble

Pretty nice kits if it weren't for the Just-Eat advert on them...

YhKipix.jpg

It's official. 4.75m euro in three annual installments, with Rami paying 500k out of his own pocket. Such a Galliani deal.

I think this is an absolute steal, considering how much money shit CBs like Astori are going for. We got Alex and Rami for next to nothing, and we'll probably keep Zapata who impressed at the WC. Our CBs are set for the year, nice work Gold Tie.

They are gonna be shipping goals everywhere. Someone please save Mattia.

At least Mastour and El Shaz will make Milan worth a watch again.

Yen

Via BeardedGenius: outh Koreans protest over the suffering in Gaza. The Irish rally in support of...Garth Brooks (at the GPO!).
BsV5O9sCcAEYL5F.jpg

You can see Clegg raising his fist in solidarity with Garth.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Via BeardedGenius: outh Koreans protest over the suffering in Gaza. The Irish rally in support of...Garth Brooks (at the GPO!).
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsV5O9sCcAEYL5F.jpg[IMG]

You can see Clegg raising his fist in solidarity with Garth.[/QUOTE]

really cool by the Koreans

I guess the world is alright after all

GorillaJu

Magath was sold. He took him on loan. A few months later, Gerland was called into Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's office at Bayern's base at Sabener Strasse. They had to have another chat. Sir Alex Ferguson had been on the phone. He wanted to know if the teenager they had sent on loan to Stuttgart might be sold to Manchester United, seeing as Bayern were not using him.

Rummenigge had realised the error of his ways. Ferguson's interest proved what Gerland had been saying all along. The boy would play for Bayern after all. "At 17," Gerland said proudly, "Philipp Lahm was unbelievable."

Funny how football business works out some times.

They are gonna be shipping goals everywhere. Someone please save Mattia.

I don't know about that. Our defense was actually pretty solid last season after Rami came over on loan and after Seedorf took over. I think we let in the fewest goals in Serie A after Juve and Roma during that half of the season. And Rami was paired with Mexes during that time. . . Alex is much better than Mexes.

It really depends on the system Inzaghi develops but just judging by the players Galliani picked up our central defense is probably good enough for a third place finish in Serie A.

The midfield is an entirely different story and probably still a disaster. Galliani needs to do some work there.

I don't know about that. Our defense was actually pretty solid last season after Rami came over on loan and after Seedorf took over. I think we let in the fewest goals in Serie A after Juve and Roma during that half of the season. And Rami was paired with Mexes during that time. . . Alex is much better than Mexes.

It really depends on the system Inzaghi develops but just judging by the players Galliani picked up our central defense is probably good enough for a third place finish in Serie A.

A one legged hunchback is better than Mexes. I hope Pippo does a great job, because Italian football is better over with Milan in Europe.

Herr K

Banned
I was telling my whatsapp bros how it's 6 am here and I haven't slept since 1 am, thanks to a fucking cat who decided to break into my room. The cunt squeezed through the window, which I left open overnight, and scared me to death.

YhKipix.jpg

YES! I was so happy when I read this. Great news.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

The midfield is an entirely different story and probably still a disaster. Galliani needs to do some work there.

(serious question) Btw, what's the deal with the players shitting on Seedorf publicly? What happened during his tenure?

rvy

Banned
that's great bla!

I went to see 'Bodies' yesterday, pretty cool but the fuckers didn't allow people to take photos. Managed to get a couple of shit ones:

the most interesting part was the section of dead fetus.

You can't afford food but go to museums?

No mangoes?

Really?

Linius

Oh btw, as far as history means something, De Jong will fail for at least his first season at PSV. We were trying to snatch him up but you guys beat us to it. We all know what that means.

Elchele

You can't afford food but go to museums?

No mangoes?

Really?

please understand. I really wanted to go

Also, the place looked like a videogame, there were guys dressed with suits as security guys walking around the place like enemies in videogames. And there was the 'doctor' in charge who looked right out of Hannibal

(serious question) Btw, what's the deal with the players shitting on Seedorf publicly? What happened during his tenure?

His managing style just didn't mesh with the players, and the coaching staff was upset because he wanted to overturn the applecart and bring all of his own staff in and change everything at the club. I thought that was the entire point of hiring him, but apparently not. Classless cunts like Montolivo went crying to the press, Tassotti threatened to resign, etc.

But the real answer is that Galliani never approved of hiring Seedorf, and worked from day fucking one to undermine his every move. Galliani leaked a bunch of shit about training and internal team affairs to the press, and gave the players license to talk poorly about Seedorf in public (this is why Monto and the others could say what they want). Compare that to the way Galliani protected Allegri for so many years. If Galliani was protecting Seedorf, none of the players would have ever said anything against him publicly. Eventually all the negative press made it's way to Berlusconi--the one who wanted Seedorf in the first place--and that was that.

Galliani was on a one-man crusade to replace Seedorf with Inzaghi, and he won. And now Milan is facing a lawsuit, and I hope Seedorf wins.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The new Dragon Age looks....nice.

His managing style just didn't mesh with the players, and the coaching staff was upset because he wanted to overturn the applecart and bring all of his own staff in and change everything at the club. I thought that was the entire point of hiring him, but apparently not. Classless cunts like Montolivo went crying to the press, Tassotti threatened to resign, etc.

But the real answer is that Galliani never approved of hiring Seedorf, and worked from day fucking one to undermine his every move. Galliani leaked a bunch of shit to the press, and gave the players license to talk poorly about Seedorf in public (this is why Monto and the others could say what they want). Compare that to the way Galliani protected Allegri for so many years.

Galliani was on a one-man crusade to replace Seedorf with Inzaghi, and he won. And now Milan is facing a lawsuit, and I hope Seedorf wins.

thanks!

the whole thing was really weird because Seedorf was doing pretty well for someone hired mid season and when you consider the mess Allegri left behind him :lol

Yeah I had a feeling the interviews were approved by Galliani because AFAIK your player don't give out interviews without the approval of the club or something I think? Balo did once and Galliani almost killed him :lol

Herr K

Banned

But the real answer is that Galliani never approved of hiring Seedorf, and worked from day fucking one to undermine his every move. Galliani leaked a bunch of shit about training and internal team affairs to the press, and gave the players license to talk poorly about Seedorf in public (this is why Monto and the others could say what they want). Compare that to the way Galliani protected Allegri for so many years. If Galliani was protecting Seedorf, none of the players would have ever said anything against him publicly. Eventually all the negative press made it's way to Berlusconi--the one who wanted Seedorf in the first place--and that was that.

The whole Seedorf affair was incredibly classless. I can't believe how could a big team shit in such a big way on a player like Seedorf. Not only did he end his career early to be a part of Milan again, but he also did a fair job. Truly a ridiculous thing.

Linius

Man it really sucks our WC players won't be back before august fourth. They'll miss the Dutch supercup and the first league game against Chelseas reserves. And we've been really struggling with the Chelsea boys these past two seasons, that kind of worries me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom