• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

It seems like we have actually signed the 'Nigerian Messi', although as always with these African prospects there is a mountain of hangers-on and dodgy people to wade through before actually getting them.

Talking of African prospects what the hell happened to Coulibaly? Have we sold him on already?

Wilbur

Banned
Speaking of dreams. I used to print out fixture list and put them under my pillow so I can "Sleep on it." When I dreamed of a team I would bet on them to win. It only worked once but that's because dreams are difficult to interpret properly.

This might be the funniest post I've ever read on neogaf

bud23

James Rodríguez

Playing for Real Madrid is my life's dream. Would I jump at the chance to go to Real? No doubt about it, my answer is a resounding yes.

YESSSS GET INNNNNNN!!

"Playing for Real Madrid is my life's dream: it'd be a privilege to play alongside so many stars. If it happened, I'd enjoy it to the max. It's really flattering to know that a club of Real Madrid's stature is interested in me. It'd be a dream to join the club of my dreams. I have a great deal of respect for other clubs and admire the good football they play, but ultimately Real Madrid are Real Madrid. I've always had a thing for them, like I said before".

On the GOAT: "All the Real Madrid players are top-drawer. Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, a genuine star. I'd be proud to play alongside him; it'd be a privilege. He fully deserved to win the Ballon d'Or".

His passion for 'Los Blancos'; I've liked Real Madrid since the days when Zidane, the Brazilian Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Fernando Hierro were around. I've been following them religiously since then".

More here

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/12/en/...e4b07a8f8ec5358ab210c41b4772c2d1&t=1405161313

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Talking of African prospects what the hell happened to Coulibaly? Have we sold him on already?

He had real problems adjusting to life in England, I believe we gave him some time off last year. Second half of the season he was back with the U21s and he was on our list of retained players for this year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of course no one posts this

Mino Raiola TODAY “Paul to Chelsea? It’s just fantasy football,”

“Everything is perfect at Juventus and no meetings are planned.”

Pogba is on his holidays after France went out of the World Cup

72c2cde844826836f41e74ukg2.gif

Vertonghen would be great for Barca. Though I have to admit I haven't followed him at Spurs. His world cup was pretty good.

And well the money, the market is fucked. It seems almost normal these days to overpay for players.

Come on now, he wasn't that great at the World Cup, started so badly that he got dropped for the second game. And probably wouldn't have made it back to the starting XI if it wasn't for Vermaelen's early injury. He got a few good crosses in, that's about it.

Vertonghen to Barca doesn't make any sense, let alone for 25M. Probably why it will happen.

GorillaJu

NIN GAF'ers UNITE!!!

Well done, who did you kill first?

They made me cry, the bullies.

Smough first since I wanted Leo Ring. Fucking Ornstein takes reduced dmg from my claws. Even at +10 they were hitting for 80.. had to hit him like 50 times to kill him. Pretty harsh. He has 1600 hp so I had to hit him a total of 20 times, but just hitting him once was a bitch because of the pathetic range of those weapons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well done, who did you kill first?

They made me cry, the bullies.

I always go for Smough first, simply because Ornstein is so much cooler and deserves a 1-on-1 duel :p

hahah this is amazing, and so not true. I'm not really a big fan of hard games

I remember when Mino Raiola said Balotelli was staying at City a couple of weeks before he went back to Milan. It's over Yurt, the jig is up.

SHUSH

we're trying to squeeze a few more millions from you guys

Showaddy

Come on now, he wasn't that great at the World Cup, started so badly that he got dropped for the second game. And probably wouldn't have made it back to the starting XI if it wasn't for Vermaelen's early injury. He got a few good crosses in, that's about it.

Vertonghen to Barca doesn't make any sense, let alone for 25M. Probably why it will happen.

Looked pretty decent for a centre-back with no pace covering left-back. Presumably Barca aren't buying him as a left-back lol

LegoArmo

£7m for Ashley Young, lol no.

Guillem Balague ✔ @GuillemBalague

De María: he told RM he wants 2 go. "Bring a big offer", RM said. Both United and PSG willing to put big bucks for him but not €70 RM want

Wouldn't pay more than £40m. Sanchez is just as good and he's just gone for £30-35m.
Agreed.

But Di Maria has been playing better than Sanchez and been more important to Real. Can see why they'd ask for more. They'll use Özil as the benchmark.

I'm sure PSG will be willing to meet the asking price though!

I am able to get FM2014 for 12$ or 7 pounds. Should I?

Agreed.

But Di Maria has been playing better than Sanchez and been more important to Real. Can see why they'd ask for me. They'll use Özil as the benchmark.

Definitely wouldn't spend that much on DM. Vidal I would.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Agreed.

But Di Maria has been playing better than Sanchez and been more important to Real. Can see why they'd ask for me. They'll use Özil as the benchmark.

If you buy him for 70 million, they'll fucking throw it all on one of our midfielders.

stop being vile cunts Manchester fuckwits
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Hixx

Agreed.

Such an ego on you this days, viva. Such an ego.

Besic going to Everton now, apparently.

Smart signing. I think we should be looking at signing a player like that too. Young and capable CM. Need to rebuild it entirely so need 3-4 players there at least.

Jordy Clasie engine.

Such an ego on you this days, viva. Such an ego.
Baby have you seen me?

Stubo

35-40m max for Di Maria. Come on...
Yup.

We're going to struggle to get any 'value in the market', but more than £40m for him when you look at the Sanchez deal is bad business.

I can totally see why Real wouldn't want to let him go for that, but we should just pursue other targets instead.

He's quality.

50 million.

50 with add-ons...maybe. I just don't see Di Maria as our pressing need for the type of player needed.

Besic going to Everton now, apparently.

Smart signing. I think we should be looking at signing a player like that too. Young and capable CM. Need to rebuild it entirely so need 3-4 players there at least.

Jordy Clasie engine.

Baby have you seen me?

Yea, Fergie went senile at the end with those kind of signings. What was the last good cheap signing United got?

Vidic I think was just like 6-7 million pounds. Evra was similar.

Clegg

Value in the market was a load of bollocks Ferguson invented because he wasn't allowed to spend the big big bucks on all the players he wanted.

It's why Uniteds squad isn't as strong as it should be. We didn't have enough money to strengthen it and when we did have money he spent it on strikers and crap wingers.

Scum

It seems like we have actually signed the 'Nigerian Messi', although as always with these African prospects there is a mountain of hangers-on and dodgy people to wade through before actually getting them.

Nigeria Messi? How do I know he's not the Cameroonian Milla?
SgYahwF.png

Looked pretty decent for a centre-back with no pace covering left-back. Presumably Barca aren't buying him as a left-back lol

Verts might be a great idea in three-at-the-back defence....

I am able to get FM2014 for 12$ or 7 pounds. Should I?

Yes, you should. It's football crack.

Pachimari

PSG's president is coming to talk with Real Madrid today.

I also think we'll sign Kroos, James and a striker.

Morata, Casemiro, Khedira and Di Maria to leave if the right offers come.

Stubo

Value in the market was a load of bollocks Ferguson invented because he wasn't allowed to spend the big big bucks on all the players he wanted.

It's why Uniteds squad isn't as strong as it should be. We didn't have enough money to strengthen it and when we did have money he spent it on strikers and crap wingers.
Oh definitely re: 'value in the market'.

I always thought that the asking prices for players would be the same we'd want to get for them if we were selling the player.

It's a kind of "I'd sell him for 40m, but I'd want to buy him for 30m" kind of situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom