• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Linette, pls. AAA tripe I'm on about m9. They're probably churning out Watch_Dogs 2: Hack Harder right now.

Why make the distinction, this isn't 2010

Big games are getting more and more expensive and thus tend to be surer money makers and are less prone to push ideas. This is happening everywhere, to pin it on Ubi who are making more creative games is really silly

Bony is good, but lazy.

You could do a lot worse than him given that there isn't much in the market.

Dunno bout the lazy, but agree

Replacing Suarez with anyone is impossible, and it's gonna be really difficult for anyone to be the new pool striker

I think Bony would be a decent addition.

Hitcher how is Dragon Age: Inquisition not on your list?

Bioware are husks of there former selves, and whilst it looks pretty doesn't really get me excited at all.

What's left this year?

Definitely: Destiny
Probably: Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Helldivers
Maybe: Alien: Isolation
Outside shot: Shadow of Mordor

Then next year (there's always next year YNWA)

Bloodborne, Batman, MGSV (hopefully), Persona 5 (hopefully), Uncharted 4 (hopefully), Cyberpunk (doubtful), Dying Light (could well be shit), Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (probably), No Man's Sky, The Order

Hopefully SSM's new game (hopefully not GoW), maybe Mortal Kombat X as well if I can be bothered to play it

Can you play Diablo 3 on PC with the 360 controller? It's full price on PS4 unfortunately, which is the platform I'd most like playing it on

Clegg

Ass Creed: Unity looks smashing tbf. Looks like Ubisoft have finally got their finger out and updated the mechanics of the game.

Scum

Well in terms of numbers you will have changed just as much if not more of the squad than we did once you sign some defenders. It will be interesting to see how things go, it seems like every team that signs more than 3 or 4 senior players finds it very hard to avoid a limp season.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Chiriches Assou-Ekotto
Eriksen Sandro Holtby
Lamela Adebayor Townsend

That's without even adding any signings. Our last two managers were morons.
Fingers crossed for a good season.

Why make the distinction, this isn't 2010

Big games are getting more and more expensive and thus tend to be surer money makers and are less prone to push ideas. This is happening everywhere, to pin it on Ubi who are making more creative games is really silly

Let me hate on Ubi in peace. Go back to your Gameboy Colour.

What's left this year?

Definitely: Destiny
Probably: Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Helldivers
Maybe: Alien: Isolation
Outside shot: Shadow of Mordor

Then next year (there's always next year YNWA)

Bloodborne, Batman, MGSV (hopefully), Persona 5 (hopefully), Uncharted 4 (hopefully), Cyberpunk (doubtful), Dying Light (could well be shit), Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (probably), No Man's Sky, The Order

Hopefully SSM's new game (hopefully not GoW), maybe Mortal Kombat X as well if I can be bothered to play it

Can you play Diablo 3 on PC with the 360 controller? It's full price on PS4 unfortunately, which is the platform I'd most like playing it on

CTRL + F 'Witcher 3'

EuvEO5Z.png

Bony :/

I want to believe these are all smokescreens...

Rank average as he is in most aspects, he'd score a fuck-tonne of goals for us imo, as long as our chance creation doesn't completely fall off a cliff with Suarez leaving

@Kyoufu, didn't play either of the first 2, lost interest in playing the first when everyone said the second was a smelly turd

I don't think so as its quite different.

My list for this year: Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Far Cry 4, Halo MCC, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, Metro Redux, Destiny, Fifa, Football Manager 15, Ori and the Blind Forest, Below

I'll play COD, BF Hardline and Lords of the Fallen next year I guess

Next year... Quantum Break, The Witcher 3 and MGSV are the big ones so far.

I don't think so as its quite different.

My list for this year: Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Far Cry 4, Halo MCC, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, Metro Redux, Destiny, Fifa, Football Manager 15, Ori and the Blind Forest, Below

I'll play COD, BF Hardline and Lords of the Fallen next year I guess

Next year... Quantum Break, The Witcher 3 and MGSV are the big ones so far.

Join our group if you're getting Destiny, even if it's on Xbox One

Praying for that Halo collection to make it to PC eventually, don't expect it to though :(

sohois

You all need some Civ: Beyond Earth in your lists

yes m8!

Join me in blind faith corner

Going to be top this year. So long as they don't get overwhelmed with the switch to the new consoles, all the groundwork was there from 2014. But you could so easily see them spreading themselves too thin

So Brazil lose at home
Neymar plays 38 in a row, without losing any of the home games
First game he's unavailable for, they get battered 7-1 at home

Christ.

Feorax

Ugh.

I get that there are horrible things going on in the world, I do. Some of the shit that's going on in the Middle East is awful.

That being said, my timeline on twitter has been littered with images that are getting worse and worse, to the point where I'm now convinced people are doing it more for the shock value than actually caring what's happening.

It's at the point now where I'm going to have to turn off image previews. I really don't need to see a father grieving over his 5 year old son who's skull has been blown open at the back and is now, quite evidently, completely empty of content behind the child's face...

It wouldn't utilise the best of his talents but I still feel you'd get more out of him there than on the wing.

I still think the main problem for Kagawa has been that we played in a way which was impossible for him to adapt to. I know it's a ridiculously small thing but he just looked so much sharper playing with Mata as someone who was moving the ball quickly and into feet.

If he's going to be saved it'll be because of the way we play rather than position.

Scum

So Brazil lose at home
Neymar plays 38 in a row, without losing any of the home games
First game he's unavailable for, they get battered 7-1 at home

Christ.

In some ways it was good that he wasn't on the pitch when that thrashing took place. Poor sod might never have been able to recover...

Ugh.

I get that there are horrible things going on in the world, I do. Some of the shit that's going on in the Middle East is awful.

That being said, my timeline on twitter has been littered with images that are getting worse and worse, to the point where I'm now convinced people are doing it more for the shock value than actually caring what's happening.

It's at the point now where I'm going to have to turn off image previews. I really don't need to see a father grieving over his 5 year old son who's skull has been blown open at the back and is now, quite evidently, completely empty of content behind the child's face...

Yurt mentioned this too. Said he was getting some horrific images on his timeline.

Gibbo

Honestly pretty excited about our upcoming Season. If Newcastle manages to snag Cabella, next season should be an interesting one.

More on the Vidal stories in Chile from Jonas Giaever:
A few reports from the Chilean media today about Arturo Vidal possibly going to Man United. Both La Tercera and El Mercurio have stories.
El Mercurio are detailed here. They are stating that Man United's medical team have contacted the the Chileans to get details on his knee.
El Mercurio mention that a representative from Man United will meet with Beppe Marotta, Juve director, next week to offer him $61m + Nani.
To sum what El Mercurio are saying; United want Vidal and are willing to offer plenty of money, but they are concerned about his knee injury
Another media outlet in Chile, La Tercera, are also on the Vidal-trail today. They are stating that Louis van Gaal is "obsessed" with Vidal.
La Tercera are writing that Vidal is one of van Gaal's priorities and he has asked United to do everything possible to secure him.

Chile papers.

Kyoufu

Honestly pretty excited about our upcoming Season. If Newcastle manages to snag Cabella, next season should be an interesting one.

We'll be crap just like most other seasons. It's Newcastle. It doesn't matter who we sign when we have shit coaches like Alan Pardew.

I feel like people are overlooking Sturridge's record for us. If he can stay reasonably fit, we should have at least one top-class goalscorer in the team. The loss of Suarez's goals will hopefully be half made up with a replacement, and the other half made up with a better defense

Oversimplifying it obviously, but it's not just a case of bringing Bony in and asking him to score 31 league goals or we're fucked

For some reason the fact that it wasn't 7-0 on Tuesday annoys me far more than it should. That Luz airkick is hilarious

Scum

I feel like people are overlooking Sturridge's record for us. If he can stay reasonably fit, we should have at least one top-class goalscorer in the team. The loss of Suarez's goals will hopefully be half made up with a replacement, and the other half made up with a better defense

Oversimplifying it obviously, but it's not just a case of bringing Bony in and asking him to score 31 league goals or we're fucked

For some reason the fact that it wasn't 7-0 on Tuesday annoys me far more than it should. That Luz airkick is hilarious

8-0 would have been more glorious. Ozil, pls.

not sure what to make of Lovren, we need a CB, but his ations just remind me of Suarez. I cant imagine Southampton want to keep an openly hostile player either.

GorillaJu

Sturridge had a really poor run of form toward the end of the season. If he had finished it as strongly as he started, people would be paying him a lot more credit.

Salvadora

I don't doubt his class one bit, but I'd be worried that with Suarez out, defenders will simply double up on him considering that he might be your only goal threat.

I don't doubt his class one bit, but I'd be worried that with Suarez out, defenders will simply double up on him considering that he might be your only goal threat.

Then Raheezus picks up the slack, and ascends to Maradona status at the age of 20

before moving to Madrid

Feorax

Honestly, I'd much rather spend the money on someone like Remy (who is a cheaper, like-for-like cover for Sturridge), and invest a good chunk of the Suarez money on a class wide player or number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom