• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'd much rather spend the money on someone like Remy (who is a cheaper, like-for-like cover for Sturridge), and invest a good chunk of the Suarez money on a class wide player or number 10.

I'd prefer Remy purely for the reason that he can play wider and keep Sturridge in the centre, whereas Sturridge would have to go wider to accomodate Bony

Timurid

IQ5bcwL.png

Italy is the black hole of europe.

Feorax

I want us to bid £55 million for Di Maria.

I wouldn't say no to Di Maria, but for that money, I'd prefer we try Reus. We might be able to convince Dortmund it's worth letting him go this year for a decent sum to a different league, than wait for Bayern to activate his release clause next year.

West Brom signed Sebastian Pocognoli it seems. Didn't see any comment on it so far.

I feel bad for West Ham but it's good for Pocognoli, he was too often benched at Hanover and since they just bought Albornoz, he knew he had to leave.

Hopefully WBA will be a fresh start for him, he's the closest thing to a proper left back for Belgium.

Zabojnik

Some sources are saying there's still a small chance for Atletico Madrid and Roma to hijack the Iturbe deal, but it's very unlikely at this point. #PrayForZabo

Linius

Questions for Dutch-gaf

1) How many penalties has Cillesen faced, including shootouts?
2) Has anyone every missed one against him

I can't find exact statistics anywhere but from interviews I know he never stopped a penalty in his career. Penalty's given during a game that is. But I don't know how many we're talking about.

I also found a quote from Cillessen himself that he did stop some penalty's in a shootout once. But I have no idea which shootout that should be. Not with Ajax at least.

Why you wanna know btw? :p

Arnie

Think buying people from Atletico will have similar problems as now trying to buy people from Southampton. They pretty much sold a lot of their better players already. Can't afford to sell more.
Bony it is then

Can I predict that Markovic will have a better season than Sanchez? Can I do that? Are we all clear on this? Can we all remember I said this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom