• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
United-bros, regardless if you get Vidal or not, what are your realistic expectations for next season?

4th is the trophy. Anything else above and beyond that is gravy.

I see us going for 4th place.

I see. So basically nobody believes in a LVG miracle, Conte's-first-season-at-Juve-style? I mean, I know the opposition is much, MUCH stronger in the PL, but still.

Not possible. Arsenal has done good business. Chelsea have done marvellous business. City were already very strong.

We lack too many quality players still. Defense is very weak.

And LVG isn't Fergie. Only Fergie could do stuff with such a team.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I know its silly to complain about but the ai in Ultimate team has a 90% score rate, if they get through, if they shoot from far, they score 90% of the time. That seems awfully high.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United-bros, regardless if you get Vidal or not, what are your realistic expectations for next season?
If they get the Abysswalker they'll finish 2nd at the very LEAST.

Btw

If I were in Iturbe's (new Nike) shoes, I'd pick Atletico over Juve. He could do better in La Liga and their style of football suits him better.

And you know, a new beginning in a different country and all that.

Having said that, don't think they'll pay him an attractive salary, or win anything next year.

GorillaJu

I guarantee you Markovic will have a better season than Sanchez
because I'll just use whatever stat categories Lazar is better in to "prove it"

We haven't even signed him anyway. Could all go tits up at the last moment.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
90%? That's Kroos-high.

Its silly because it will literally score goals when it has 1-2 shots in a game, every game, some of which are unstoppable. Its quite frustrating.

Linius

Errrm sort of, we used to go to Switzerland though.

I saw all the dutch teams battering these teams so lumped a heap of monies on PSV the other day against some Austrian team thinking it would be a romp. They won 1-0 in injury time. Squeaky bum time.

Yeah that's risky. If they play with just youth players it won't always be a win.

GorillaJu

Utd will finish in 2nd. I mean look how much money they're spending. But Arsenal, oh my. With sexy signing like Sanchez, they're nailed on for the title.

Jarnet87

Champions League spot for United. Can LVG do what Fergie did and get these players to play at a level well beyond what some of them truly are? Probably not. But he is a top manager and should definitely be able to get them to play better then what they were with Moyes.

Clegg

I hope this Vidal business is sorted out relatively quick. If we miss out then we miss out. But hopefully there'll be enough time left in the transfer to secure another quality cm option.

I hope this Vidal business is sorted out relatively quick. If we miss out then we miss out. But hopefully there'll be enough time left in the transfer to secure another quality cm option.

I just hope he's not the only person we're currently looking at/negotiating with. We should be setting up multiple deals simultaneously.

Barzul

Darren thinks we are "VERY CLOSE" to a signing in Germany.

I wonder who that could be.

He just said it's Khedira.
Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 4m
@SamMeader @x_AFC_x @MAmpov10 @davemagar @thearsenalhorse yes it is, Arsenal in advanced discussions with Real Madrid

Arsenal Horse is corroborating.

‏@DarrenArsenal1
@SamMeader @x_AFC_x @MAmpov10 @davemagar @thearsenalhorse yes it is, Arsenal in advanced discussions with Real Madrid

Sami is ours lads

Rad-

I don't rate Khedira much for Madrid but I think he could do well in England. The style of football should suit him more in PL.

Clegg

There are plenty of good cms out there. On paper at least. Lars Bender is highly rated but he looked lost even against our absolutely gash midfield in the CL.

Salvadora

Man, Arsenal could potentially field a side with 5 Germans in it next season if we capture Khedira.

We would become the foreign team of choice for Germans, except for Mitch.

wedward

Ozil Sanchez and Khedira could all be flops. Really not bothered though.

Glad we are going for it. Could possibly end spectacularly.

Khedira is talented enough. He'll be better next to Ramsey than to Alonso.

Arnie

With Viva on Khedira.

Solid player but not really a coup, nor is he someone that I'd be particularly concerned about playing against.

Barzul

I think Khedira is better suited to the PL. He gives us more energy than Arteta in midfield, so it's a great signing for me. We could potentially have 4 world cup winners in our squad.

Salvadora

I'm not sure Arsenal GAF are "painting him as a coup" in the qualitative sense.

Don't think he is anything more than good, anyway.

It's more disbelief in another big signing in the same transfer window. Surprised you couldn't see that Viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom