• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, iTurbo played with the GOAT. What more do you want?!

51507c1f0cbdd_510x340.jpg

:((

Salvadora

You wouldn't expect him to, I agree.

Just think he will, though. Praying Sanchez does an Ozil and Markovic does a Sturridge. Praying.
Arnie, he's a twenty year old spermatozoid coming the Primeira Liga.

Bebe scored 13 there.

One thing he does have however, is the surprise factor. Sanchez is expected to hit the ground running. If he doesn't, aye, we'll see the Ozil comparisons and the media out for blood.

Arnie

Bebe scored 13 there.

One thing he does have however, is the surprise factor. Sanchez is expected to hit the ground running. If he doesn't, aye, we'll see the Ozil comparisons and the media out for blood.
Avram Grant compared him to Messi, though.

That has to count for something man.

He scores a wonder goal against Southampton and we're on the Markovic Express all the way to league title town with duty free cigarettes.

In my head I'm picturing Sanchez with his hands on his head looking frustrated.

Linius

Oh btw Koufou, I'd be willing to sell you Siggi. Very good striker. You guys will love him I assure you. Let me get Overmars on the line for you.

Bebe scored 13 there.

if Sanchez is a ghost at Arsenal too that would be disappointing. It would also mean Arsenal are haunted and we'd need to call the ghostbusters in.

He scores a wonder goal against Southampton and we're on the Markovic Express all the way to league title town with duty free cigarettes.

Let me make that image slightly more vivid for you.

BsNsbo1CcAEWll3.jpg

Subbed off for Pedro at 65 minutes for the third successive game.

Edit: Fuck thought you'd written Suarez :lol

3Sixty

Pelle announcement tonight.

Maybe tomorrow at the latest.

Imagine Giroud and Pelle on the same pitch. Could take the wifey to that game.

Linius

Pelle announcement tonight.

Maybe tomorrow at the latest.

Imagine Giroud and Pelle on the same pitch. Could take the wifey to that game.

You know this little Dutch village is going completely bonkers because you guys come play a friendly there.

EPL EIGHT PLACE IS COMING, OMG

Tickets almost sold out already.

3Sixty

You know this little Dutch village is going completely bonkers because you guys come play a friendly there.

EPL EIGHT PLACE IS COMING, OMG

Tickets almost sold out already.

Heh, that is pretty cool. It seems like the Dutch model of preseaons playing semi-pro and amateur teams in the first few weeks.

Linius

Phew. Glad we aren't actually signing him. What did you think of Siem coming here? Do you think he's good?

We won't really miss him at Ajax, that's what I know. We've played a great portion of last season without him and things went just fine. And back from his injury he was rather slowing down our play than really helping us. Obviously that had to do with form issues mostly. He suffered multiple injuries over the course of the season, just bad luck all over the place.

In his prime he was a great player for us. Played as an attacking midfielder as well as striker when he needed to. Scored 10+ goals each season and scored some very important ones as well. I really can't predict how he'll do at Newcastle. But a club like Newcastle seems a good fit for him. He'll definitely won't make it at the top.

Heh, that is pretty cool. It seems like the Dutch model of preseaons playing semi-pro and amateur teams in the first few weeks.

You guys normally don't do that? Ajax already played against some Austrian side. Today we did a training game against Germans (I think?) and after that we played Aalborg. They tied 2-2 with mostly youngsters, 18 years or younger the lot of them.

Arnie

United-bros, regardless if you get Vidal or not, what are your realistic expectations for next season?
Shouldn't be asking them for realistic expectations.

That's like giving your wallet to a homeless person and asking them to only take 30p.

kharma45

United-bros, regardless if you get Vidal or not, what are your realistic expectations for next season?

Depends on how injuries pan out. I'd be happy with 4th and a good cup run in either domestic competition.

It'll not be easy mind, still a few signings short but plenty of time yet. Ask again when the window shuts.

3Sixty

You guys normally don't do that? Ajax already played against some Austrian side. Today we did a training game against Germans (I think?) and after that we played Aalborg. They tied 2-2 with mostly youngsters, 18 years or younger the lot of them.

Errrm sort of, we used to go to Switzerland though.

I saw all the dutch teams battering these teams so lumped a heap of monies on PSV the other day against some Austrian team thinking it would be a romp. They won 1-0 in injury time. Squeaky bum time.

Clegg

Too early to say tbh. Will wait for the close of the transfer window. All depends on how well we strengthen our team. It would be OK if we miss out on top targets so long as we bring in good players in their stead. But we absolutely cannot end the window with only ones new central midfielder.

Zabojnik

I see. So basically nobody believes in a LVG miracle, Conte's-first-season-at-Juve-style? I mean, I know the opposition is much, MUCH stronger in the PL, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom