• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
however much Vermaelen will go for is Luiz's true market value. they're the same type of player, defenders with the mythical "good ball skills" yet awful at the actual defending part.

David Luiz's genuine market value, right here, right now if he had 2 years left with his club and they were willing to sell?

Go.

For me, £6m. He's not all that in his normal form, and fuck knows how long this slump will last for.
Nah mate, you can get CBs like Garay for 6 million. Luiz is is 2 million, at best.

FootballFan

Don't blame ref for not seeing it was outside the box tbh, I couldn't tell until now. Looked like Silva was grabbing him the whole time and in the box too.

slider

however much Vermaelen will go for is Luiz's true market value. they're the same type of player, defenders with the mythical "good ball skills" yet awful at the actual defending part.

I don't know how the wheels came off Vermaelen's Arsenal career but he's bloody good in one on one situations.

Has Luis Gustavo's name been mentioned in a transfer capacity? Think he's looked very good in a mediocre team (by their own standards). Don't know anything about him of course.

GQman2121

Banned
I really fear for what these past two games are going to add to the mystic of Neymar. People are already blaming the last result on his absence. Another humiliation and these same people are going to think he's in the discussion of Messi or Ronnie.

doicare

I can see why PSG paid so much money for David Luiz.... they knew he wasn't good enough to play at Champions League Level, so by completely overpaying for him they're going to break Financial Fair Play rules and get kicked out of Europe so he doesn't have to play against anybody decent anymore.

Scum

Avaya talking about Robben's "program" lol.

Smh.

nt5j5sS.png

Marc

David Luiz's genuine market value, right here, right now if he had 2 years left with his club and they were willing to sell?

Go.

For me, £6m. He's not all that in his normal form, and fuck knows how long this slump will last for.

As a CB? About £5 million, I think there are better championship players to be honest.

As a DM? Maybe £10 million, although I wouldn't buy him so may be undervaluing his 'attributes'.

LFC fans, whose worse? David Luiz right now or Poulsen?

Wooden will murder you.

Arnie

People need to stop thinking of the Luiz transfer in the traditional sense.

It was clearly an FFP agreement between the oil clubs. Won't be the last we see, either.

You say that but considering they payed like 25m + Matic for him, then bought Matic back for 25m it is basically a push.

They basically sent Matic on loan for a few years, and have got him back as a world class DM when he might not have had enough gametime to become such a player if he'd stayed. Great business for Chelsea no matter how I look at it :(

People need to stop thinking of the Luiz transfer in the traditional sense.

It was clearly an FFP agreement between the oil clubs. Won't be the last we see, either.

Hahahaha oh dear, are we bringing the tinfoil hats already?

Maybe you know, PSG bought him cause he has shown to be able to be good defender before, and probably to convince Thiago Silva to stay with them.

They basically sent Matic on loan for a few years, and have got him back as a world class DM when he might not have had enough gametime to become such a player if he'd stayed. Great business for Chelsea no matter how I look at it :(

Eh the end result is good, but I wouldn't exactly call it great business. He could have just been loaned out.

GQman2121

Banned
You say that but considering they payed like 25m + Matic for him, then bought Matic back for 25m it is basically a push.

It's true. Benfica are the ones really laughing. But I'm happy to have a player like Matic and happy to see the back of Luiz. I wish him the best, but he's a liability at a club with any ambitions.

Arnie

Hahahaha oh dear, are we bringing the tinfoil hats already?

Maybe you know, PSG bought him cause he has shown to be able to be good defender before, and probably to convince Thiago Silva to stay with them.
That's another alternative.

Not one I buy, though. Thiago Silva is old. Luiz - despite one or two solid defensive performances - is nowhere near the valuation PSG paid.

I'm sure he'll win stuff at PSG too.

Guess that is ok then.

Well, from a commercial point of view the CL win was huge for us (Samsung weren't going to renew their sponsorship deal with us for example) and as a player he was crucial in our win - I highly doubt PSG will win the CL with Luiz there or not (for several reasons) over the next few years or beyond and also they clearly don't care about finances anyway, I doubt winning Ligue 1 brings in that much

Lightning

Banned
I've seen many many good performances from David Luiz. That guy can be a very good defender, just hasn't shown it at this world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom