• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he'll win stuff at PSG too.

Guess that is ok then.

It's not just if he will win things with them or not, he was actually really good in the CL campaign.

That's another alternative.

Not one I buy, though. Thiago Silva is old. Luiz - despite one or two solid defensive performances - is nowhere near the valuation PSG paid.

Thiago Silva is 29 (30 in sept), he got more than enough good years left in him. and no, Luiz is not anywhere near the valuation of what PSG paid for him, neither was fucking Marquinhos for 32mil, who barely proved himself for one season in Italy, and so on though.

GQman2121

Banned
I've seen many many good performances from David Luiz. That guy can be a very good defender, just hasn't shown it at this world cup.

Yes, he has a many, many solid performances as a CB.

But he also has just as many where he clearly isn't seeing the big picture of what is going on around him. He then can try to over compensate which leads to more mistakes or bookings.

Lets not forget Chelsea paid 24m for SWP, 30m for Shevchenko and 50m for Torres.

I think they are still down overall.

Down overall for what? Balance for transfers overall? No shit, but that didn't really matter with Roman. and now the FFP budget allows Chelsea to spend easily 150mil in the transfer window, while still not being in danger of getting punished

dat peerless Marko future

Marko Marin future.

3Sixty

Down overall for what? Balance for transfers overall? No shit, but that didn't really matter with Roman. and now the FFP budget allows Chelsea to spend easily 150mil in the transfer window, while still not being in danger of getting punished

Well I mean over paying for shite players.

Marko dribbling, killer pass to Rodrigo, goal.

Golo+12+601.gif

Well I mean over paying for shite players.

Well, three of our best players in the clubs history came to the club for what I would consider peanuts (JT - youth product, Lampard was fantastic value for £11m and £7m + Gallas was a steal for Cole) so we had to pay the gods back in overpriced transfers, its only fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom