• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it on Netflix?

Ja. It's mad and scrappy, but fun.

Just have In The Loop left to watch and I've finished TTOI

Not too happy with the way they basically neutered Malcolm in the 4th series, was that a change made to appease the BBC2 bosses where they had more freedom with BBC4?

Don't agree with that really, did they neuter him? It reflected the changing times of modern politics;
his party was out of power, his devious tricks didn't work, cameras everywhere and shit leaked his perjuring and whatnot. He wasn't neutered. Just defeated.

Hixx

dat flick from Robben
AU7Amsc.gif

Carbonox

Have you seen Seven Psychopaths? First faces on the screen are Pitt and Michael 'Rothstein' Stuhlbarg.

I was fucking delighted. Cracking little film.

I remember this looking funny from the adverts. I must check it out. I do not like Colin Farrell though but whatever.

Juicy Bob

Oh it's maddening; but at least it's only in football and by its own rules you know? It's hard to rationalise, but 25m is the new 15m, and 15m is the new 8m and so on and so forth. It's just inflation really innit.

There was a time people thought 100 quid for a player was mad
Yeah, it's all because of the ever inflating football economy and I understand that.

I can't help but wonder though, when's it going to stop? With Real and Barca spending increasingly astronomical amounts for players like Gareth Fucking Bale, surely the bubble is going to burst at some point?

I mean, the inflation of football transfer values has got to reach a point where it's no longer sustainable, surely?

That BT Sport is hilarious in that it's revisionist history and it forgets what happened later. Oh well, it's not as bad as AGUERRRROOOOOOOO...

Fernandinho has become a proper cunt. Hasn't even tried winning the ball with most of his challenges this tournament.

But hey, he had a tough childhood.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember this looking funny from the adverts. I must check it out. I do not like Colin Farrell though but whatever.

He's really bad in it :lol

But Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken are fucking brilliant in it so it's all good

Has Sam Rockwell ever been bad in anything ever

dc89

That BT Sport is hilarious in that it's revisionist history and it forgets what happened later. Oh well, it's not as bad as AGUERRRROOOOOOOO...

The greatest PL moment ever. EVER. Therefore, the greatest PL advert.

---

Fernandinho is gonna smash Herrera. I can't wait.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's really bad in it :lol

But Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken are fucking brilliant in it so it's all good

Has Sam Rockwell ever been bad in anything ever
Christopher fucking saved the movie hahahaha

"No."

Oh my GOD

Wilbur

Banned
It's not like In Bruges. But it's fun and it's different and Rockwell is fantastic.

Yeah, it's all because of the ever inflating football economy and I understand that.

I can't help but wonder though, when's it going to stop? With Real and Barca spending increasingly astronomical amounts for players like Gareth Fucking Bale, surely the bubble is going to burst at some point?

I mean, the inflation of football transfer values has got to reach a point where it's no longer sustainable, surely?

Bale is class tho lets be honest.

I don't think it's the one off transfer fees that are going to be unsustainable, it'll be weekly wages. You've got fucking scrubs like Young on 120k a week. It's madness.

yes, really. you're nuts if you think clubs are just buying talent when they spend 50 or 60 millions on a player. you should know better than anyone with the Neymar fiasco.

I thought he was questioning the shirt sales part more, which is bollocks, even those silly stories about the shirt sales "paying off Ronaldo fee" mentioned that it really is just a fraction of the truth, as of all those shirt sales a good portion of the money went to the production, to the actual shirt manufacturers and so on too... Not to forget Ronaldo himself, with his clauses.

Carbonox

Why is shopping for shoes the most difficult thing in the world? It took me 4 hours of painstaking looking around before I was able to find good items of clothing for myself but shoes? Please, that could take weeks.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How are we going to get rid of Paulinho? Unless MoPo beats some sense into him we're going to be stuck with him forever. He'll be the next Bentley.

Wilbur

Banned
Christopher fucking saved the movie hahahaha

"No."

Oh my GOD

"I don't wanna" :lol

Rockwell calling everyone a cunt as well, man after my own heart

It's not fucking brilliance like In Bruges but I really enjoyed it. Watched it on a Thursday night with a packet of honey roasted cashews and had a marvellous time.

Why is shopping for shoes the most difficult thing in the world? It took me 4 hours of painstaking looking around before I was able to find good items of clothing for myself but shoes? Please, that could take weeks.
Were you looking in shoe shops or other shops that sell stuff, and shoes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"I don't wanna" :lol

Rockwell calling everyone a cunt as well, man after my own heart

It's not fucking brilliance like In Bruges but I really enjoyed it. Watched it on a Thursday night with a packet of honey roasted cashews and had a marvellous time.
I don't remember what I felt after watching it

I think a bit disappointed, because it was utterly stupid.

The good kind of stupid though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom