• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Well yes - but I'm not sure we will get Vermaelen.

Pretty sure LvG is going to get alot more out of quite a number of players, but he will also be selling quite a few. I expect 5/6 to go or to be black listed anyway.

We need to sign 3/4 more players this summer at least IMO. If 2 of those are with the intention of being "first teamers" i'll happily take a couple of prospects too.

Which players do you think he'll be able to improve? I'm not sure players like Cleverley and Young have the capacity to improve any further.

I can see him doing good things with Welbeck though

Arnie

But everyone doesn't need to be a 30m world beater to be successful in a squad. You look at Vlaar, for Aston Villa he's shit but performed quite well for us. Tactics, players you're surrounded with etc.. Go a long way to determining how others perform as well. I hope LvG does purchase some of our players because he can make them better players and get the best out of them. You don't need a team full of Robben's to be successful.

Fergie won the league with an incredibly average United team for example.
True but United are a black hole of expectation and pressure at the moment and LVG is but a comet with a low trajectory.

United should be focussing on talents that'll be worth a damn when the next manager comes in next summer.
No point basing how good/bad players are on WC performances anyway.

Or else we'd all be after Concrete Ron.
Right and that's the fucking key here.

Once upon a time in Senegal...

Which players do you think he'll be able to improve? I'm not sure players like Cleverley and Young have the capacity to improve any further.

I can see him doing good things with Welbeck though

Jones, Rafael, Kagawa, Januzaj, Welbeck

All players I'm pretty confident will do better under his coaching - assuming he wants them around.

Think the likes of Young, Tom, Fellaineh, maybe Naneh are all goners. Maybe Smalling too but perhaps not quite yet.

These guys are gonna be giving Hummels and Vidal breathers for the last 15 after we're 4-0 up anyway.

Really not too stressed about it.

BsYdGHOIEAEi1r2.jpg

Fucking nut the cunt Gahl.

L1NETT

I fear Besic seals the end of Cleverley to Everton

WBA and QPR are my only hope

or Villa, they are on transfer suicide at the moment

Lightning

Banned
Cup competitions are such a different discipline though. I'm not sure you can use it to draw those type of conclusions.
Of course but I know LvG and what he can do with players. I'm not drawing conclusions based on the world cup, I'm drawing conclusions based on what I know LvG can do in getting the best out of young talent.

LvG can make some of these players who are being written off and turn them into very good players. Very few managers have the skills to get the best out of players, LvG is one manager who does.

K1LLER7

Rooney will be our best player next season. Think LVG will like Nani, Kagawa, Mata and Valencia. Fellaini will probably be dropped to the bench.

Can't see any more defenders leaving. Hardly any cover in defensive positions at the moment. Young will be a tough sell unless he cuts his wages. Cleverley should go to Everton, Hernandez looks likely to leave too.

bud

de vrij would do well at clubs like liverpool and everton--they're not top clubs, expectations aren't high, and he'd easily fit in there in terms of how they like to play football. within 2-3 years, he could join a top club. i genuinely believe in him, he's fantastic.

brendan, touch his face
roberto, drop the bass
he's got style, he's got grace
brendan/roberto, put a smile upon de vrij's face

De Vrij has the same birthday as Ronaldo, Neymar and Adnan.

What more proof do you need.

Eugh I've just downed like 8000 calories breathing hurts.

Zabojnik

Evra is official. Also ... "Patrice Evra will receive a €1.9m severance payment from United as a reward for his service to the club over the last 8 years."

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Forgot to mention that Clark Carlisle's co-commentary tonight was atrocious. "Knuckle of the foot" ffs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Juve buy a midfielder over a winger, they can shut up about wanting to move to another formation. There is no reason to buy a midfielder even if they sell one of Pogba or Vidal because Marchisio and Asamoah can fill in for one of them.
Premfaces make up premfacey stories about us and now you're mad at us? FOCUS KIDA

Our relationship will fall apart like this
where is the letter
We'll send a raven

With bird flu

Suen

Premfaces make up premfacey stories about us and now you're mad at us? FOCUS KIDA

Our relationship will fall apart like this

We'll send a raven

With bird flu
Yurt just sell Vidal. You can buy Marchionni from us for 30m and he'll replicate Vidal's success on the field.

#MarchionniTheGreat
#FormerJuveLegend

United don't need squad players in most positions, only defense due to Evra, Vidic, and Rio leaving. United need players that will improve the team's performance. United need a great midfielder to partner with Herrera and a CB that can partner with Evans. Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley, and Fellaini can be the squad players in midfield this season. Next season will be a better time to get some squad players as Carrick and Fletcher will be even older, and Cleverley hopefully fucked off to Arsenal.

I would rather Vermijl get a chance as a squad player for rb this season as he just came back from his Eredivisie loan. We had Fabio, but Moyes fucked him up further in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom