• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaseousSoggyLcont.gif

K1LLER7

LVG: "I hope the group in Manchester will become like this one. We have to sing from the same hymn sheet,"

Sing Wayne, sing.

L1NETT

WW2 time period is really interesting

WW1 far more so

Reading accounts of what people thought was happening and what it turned into is mortifyingly interesting. Arguably the most shocking event in human history.

Watching a crazy WWI documentary.

Wtf is wrong with people. Jesus.

Crazy that it isn't covered more in media etc. We are still living in a post war society yet are ever more keen to forget so

Meier

Is he really good?

He's still an unfinished product but is very good. Price is mostly a result of the fact he has a buy-out clause and Porto rarely budge from that when selling a player. He's left footed though and will make a great partner with Kompany -- he reminds me a lot of him actually.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's showing constant footage of the injuries(really brutal and sad) but also showing their struggle with hunger, thirst and the cold. Everyone is just so depressed and scared.

It just finished. That was crazy.
are you sure you aren't watching a documentary about Serie A?
Thea broke up with Roy
WELL guess he finally found our sex tape then

willa-holland-o.gif

Give it up Yurt. Send the Abysswalker to us. You forget Woodward can afford the Faceless Men of Braavos.
a HORSE lacks honor.

Yurt just sell Vidal. You can buy Marchionni from us for 30m and he'll replicate Vidal's success on the field.
NO MORE PARMA (HALF) PLAYERS

Clegg

Back from Arctic Monkeys.

Knee Socks lacks the punch of the recorded version. Brianstorm is great for getting the crowd going. No 1 Party Anthem had every females knickers drop.

Elchele

It's showing constant footage of the injuries(really brutal and sad) but also showing their struggle with hunger, thirst and the cold. Everyone is just so depressed and scared.

It just finished. That was crazy.

I honestly have no clear idea of why the WWI started. I feel like only WW2 got any attention in the history class and even on today's media.

WW2 actually had a reason for occurring. WW1's reason is fucking mental.

what was it?

FootballFan

WW1Crazy that it isn't covered more in media etc. We are still living in a post war society yet are ever more keen to forget so

This one part was just... I don't know.

Basically, the British were in the trenches and were about to go into no man's land. They were all inexperienced youngsters, so their captain(who is only 22....) goes over first and dribbles a football to start the charge. Ridiculous bravery.

Here's his wiki.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Nevill

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
bien, que puis-je dire de Manchester United, la Juve a frappé à la porte et je veux putain jeu en Europe, vous savez?

en outre, leur manager a l'air bien plus frais que Loius la putain Diglett.

et non, vous ne signe pas «l'abîme marcheur.

avoir une mauvaise vie.

GET IN EVRA

King_Moc

Banned
I honestly have no clear idea of why the WWI started. I feel like only WW2 got any attention in the history class and even on today's media.

what was it?

Essentially Serbia had a row with Austria and Hungary, who declared War them. But because of the way that every other country in Europe had various treaties and alliances with each other they were all obliged to throw millions of their own men to certain death.

Seriously, who the fuck decided that trench warfare was a good idea. It's literally designed to end up with the highest death rate possible. And for the least gain.

K1LLER7

Man, Evra speaks a better italian than me, is this even possible.
Think he knows quite a few languages.

He used to communicate what Park said to Tevez when they were all at the club lol. Tevez was cool back then.

At least Evra is back playing with his mate

Meier

Alex Turner did an acoustic version of A Certain Romance. That was the highlight for me.

Do I Wanna Know? is their biggest hit ever in the US and so now they're playing arenas on this tour and the prices have exploded. $72 or something for a floor ticket. That's absurdly high given I paid less than half that for their previous tour. :(

what was it?

In essence, everyone in Europe was politically tied to one of the two/three countries involved in the sparking point (Was AustroHungary one country or was it like Britain?)

So when Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austro-Hungary was assassinated, they wanted to go to war with the country of origin on the party responsible for his death, and the ties which the two countries had to everyone else dragged everyone else into it, leading to the deaths of millions of people who didn't give a shit about Franz Ferdinand in the first place.

It was the war equivalent of a stupid argument that starts off as something small, then everyone gets involved and it snowballs to a point where the destructive result far exceeds the legitimacy of the reason it started in the first place.

That's my basic understanding, probably mostly wrong :p

Jarnet87

Think he knows quite a few languages.

He used to communicate what Park said to Tevez when they were all at the club lol. Tevez was cool back then.

At least Evra is back playing with his mate

They should sign Park just so he can hang out with them. I would buy a Juventus Park shirt

l.jpg

Three guys just playing great football, having a blast and winng silverware.

Salazar

Wilbur, I know you have these odd little spasms where you "hate books innit", but J.P. Donleavy's "The Ginger Man" is your fuckin thing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbur, I know you have these odd little spasms where you "hate books innit", but J.P. Donleavy's "The Ginger Man" is your fuckin thing.
LOL. Sal, I think you're confusing him with me.
KuGsj.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cJUFho0.jpg[IMG]

Yurt

Fuck

My

Life[/QUOTE]

only Woodward can save you against Artorias.

hahah and wait, so you're literally Clawing your way through this run? [spoiler]ITS THE KNEE! SCRATCH THE FUCK OUT OF HIS KNEE[/spoiler]

K1LLER7

That's Dark Souls 2 innit?

I stopped playing it. Game was a lot easier than the first 2 souls game and bosses felt lacking. Maybe I'll get back to it one day.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's Dark Souls 2 innit?

I stopped playing it. Game was a lot easier than the first 2 souls game and bosses felt lacking. Maybe I'll get back to it one day.

No, that's Dark Souls' DLC.

that's the real Artorias the Abysswalker
KuGsj.gif

tumblr_static_0457fe50e9ff2480b3d37842deb336d4_1024.gif

(and yes, that's De Rossi on his sword)

GorillaJu

LOL. Sal, I think you're confusing him with me.
KuGsj.gif

only Woodward can save you against Artorias.

hahah and wait, so you're literally Clawing your way through this run?
ITS THE KNEE! SCRATCH THE FUCK OUT OF HIS KNEE

ya man fucking everything takes like 0 dmg from my claws. I dont even do enough dmg to interrupt Art's power-up, so I have to suck it up and fight super Art. 1 stab and I'm dead LOL

got em though

now I'm getting invaded the fucking instant I go human in Oolacile Township. What the fuck?

Zabojnik

I still remember when Yurt told me about the DLC and how he thought the bosses were meh, 'cause he YouTube'd that shit or something. So I go in thinking "alright, let's do this crap quickly and get back to the main DS path". Then ... motherfucking Artorias. Coolest boss evar.

K1LLER7

No, that's Dark Souls' DLC.

that's the real Artorias the Abysswalker
KuGsj.gif

tumblr_static_0457fe50e9ff2480b3d37842deb336d4_1024.gif

(and yes, that's De Rossi on his sword)
:lol

Never played the DLC. Boss design looks cool as fuck.

Souls series (except DS:pt2) was the best thing to come out of last gen. Looking forward to their PS4 title.

-------

Real Arturo received an award today from old club Colo Colo, whilst he was in Chile.

BsY557wIAAAYw4e.jpg

Congratulating him on his move to United ;)

GorillaJu

Okay seriously why are these fat-fingered neckbeards constantly invading me in Oolacile Township? Is this like some Belfry Luna shit? I just want to fight Marvelous Chester.

Killer DS2 is a fucking amazing game. You're missing out. It's not as good as DS1 (it's close) but it's still better than every single other game to come out last gen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still remember when Yurt told me about the DLC and how he thought the bosses were meh, 'cause he YouTube'd that shit or something. So I go in thinking "alright, let's do this crap quickly and get back to the main DS path". Then ... motherfucking Artorias. Coolest boss evar.
LOOOOOOOOOOL alright alright, tbf I meant the encounters looked way too frustrating and time consuming :p
ya man fucking everything takes like 0 dmg from my claws. I dont even do enough dmg to interrupt Art's power-up, so I have to suck it up and fight super Art. 1 stab and I'm dead LOL

got em though

now I'm getting invaded the fucking instant I go human in Oolacile Township. What the fuck?
Oh wow the community is still active?!?
Real Arturo received an award today from old club Colo Colo, whilst he was in Chile.
he's wearing black & white please understand. I'm sending this to 'banned paper' now, I bet it'll fuck their cover story for tomorrow.

and listen to Odd and don't miss out on DS2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom