• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

DEUTSCHLAND. OMG I'm so ready.

Tested out a few bars in Barcelona yesterday. I had high hopes for the sailing port with an Irish Pub and English TV but the place was pretty much dead. Guess you can pick up a drunk British girl or two there but other then that it was plain boring. :( Gotta have your priorities straight tho, World Cup final >>>>>>> Girls >>>>>>>British Girls (based on footyGAF's exploits).

For now, we've settled on a beach bar with Spanish TV to watch the final. Could be cool, could be miserable... I don't know. I don't want this but I do. Guess it won't matter once we get our fourth star!

btw. I already learned, that 80% English is no viable means to communicate here and but on the other hand is the word "Messi" does wonders to the people here. Maybe I'll try "Pep" next. ;)

Anyways.

FUCK Yeah Germany, let's do this. GermanyGAF pls party hardcore, already missing the German World Cup atmosphere.... I want my German 'eventies' back!

Pre

Surely Germany won't falter against the Fightin' Messis. I expected Germany to win the Cup going in, and though there were a couple of rough patches, I still think this team's the best in the world. That's possibly because the international game seems a bit weaker right now than it's been (it might not be -- it might just be Spain's decline that makes it seem that way to me).

Blablurn

DEUTSCHLAND. OMG I'm so ready.

Tested out a few bars in Barcelona yesterday. I had high hopes for the sailing port with an Irish Pub and English TV but the place was pretty much dead. Guess you can pick up a drunk British girl or two there but other then that it was plain boring. :( Gotta have your priorities straight tho, World Cup final >>>>>>> Girls >>>>>>>British Girls (based on footyGAF's exploits).

For now, we've settled on a beach bar with Spanish TV to watch the final. Could be cool, could be miserable... I don't know. I don't want this but I do. Guess it won't matter once we get our fourth star!

btw. I already learned, that 80% English is no viable means to communicate here and but on the other hand is the word "Messi" does wonders to the people here. Maybe I'll try "Pep" next. ;)

Anyways.

FUCK Yeah Germany, let's do this. GermanyGAF pls party hardcore, already missing the German World Cup atmosphere.... I want my German 'eventies' back!

I hope you enjoy your holiday! Go for all the girls after the final! Either to fuck them hard because you just won the WC or to comfort you because we lost :(

fuenf

I hope you enjoy your holiday! Go for all the girls after the final! Either to fuck them hard because you just won the WC or to comfort you because we lost :(

unfortunately it's no holiday :( business travel... (I would never plan a holiday to coincide with the World Cup final, without actually being there) ;) I actually have a presentation set up for tomorrow lol. After that all bets are off... losing isnt an option tho.

Blablurn

4.bild.jpg

Dat Van Der Vaart

Gambit

unfortunately it's no holiday :( business travel... (I would never plan a holiday to coincide with the World Cup final, without actually being there) ;) I actually have a presentation set up for tomorrow lol. After that all bets are off... losing isnt an option tho.

A presentation tomorrow morning is tough! If the audience nods off, you should incorporate gifs from this thread to wake people up. Anyway, have a great time in Barcelona, business or not.

Yeah. It really isn't. But we got this. I'm sure.

I respect your correct opinion. It's on.

Blablurn

A presentation tomorrow morning is tough! If the audience nods off, you should incorporate gifs from this thread to wake people up. Anyway, have a great time in Barcelona, business or not.

I respect your correct opinion. It's on.

Like Donkey Kong

fuenf

Germany! Let's do it, let's get the fourth star.

wiJxSGL.jpg

Germany is the greatest place on earth. It's only logical that we should be the greatest football nation too. Can't wait until tonight, baby. Given Messi's current form Germany is better than Argentina on any position. Only uncertainty is whether Messi will be able to regain his 'Finals-Mojo', but even then I would feel confident in our team. They lived through hell in the past, especially the Bayern players and in the end always persevered. It only made them and us stronger. And now the time has come, all the hard work will finally pay off. What a feeling. It's good to be part of a nation that's blessed with these great individuals and world class football players.

pcS4EYw.png

"The place here on my left is free
I want a star to come to Germany"

<3 Neuer
, The best there ever was, ever will be. Revolutionized the position.
<3 Lahm, Oh captain my captain
<3 Boateng, The good Boateng
<3 Hummels, BVB and Germany Legend
<3 Höwedes, Schalke say what?
<3 Khedira, Leader & Motor of the team
<3 Schweini, Leader extraordinaire, crown yourself today!
nJEmJA1.jpg

<3 Kroos, Get the golden ball, get payed!
<3 Müller, Müller!
<3 Özi, will haunt them like a ghost!!!!!
<3 Klose, official legend, aint that right Ronaldo?

<3 Mertesacker, the dependable mountain
<3 Götze, got us in motion
<3 Podolski, always gives his all
<3 Schürrle, thanks Mou for forming this great player!
<3 Draxler, will be there if needed
<3 Kramer, what a journey.
<3 Mustafi, did his job.

<3 Weidenfeller, Durm, Großkreutz, BVB legends, Döner Liebhaber and good guys
<3 Zieler / Ginter great team players

<3 Deutschland
<3 Jögi Löw (who would've thought), you are the best Jogi!

KaBIrdJ.jpg

No matter how the final ends, I'm extremely proud of our country, our players and coaches and everyone that's involved with this team.

I, for one, am grateful to have witnessed this team play football at this amazingly high level for the last 8 years! BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD! NO MATTER WHAT!

hehe :) It will be fine! Only question is whether I'll wear the jersey or not.

Arnie

That's a lovely post.

Look how warm it is. Overflowing with goodwill.

Still don't know who I want to win, not really fussed either way.

blah blah blah

I, for one, am grateful to have witnessed this team play football at this amazingly high level for the last 8 years! BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD! NO MATTER WHAT!

hehe :) It will be fine! Only question is whether I'll wear the jersey or not.

I am glad you acknowledge 8 years, because this Germany team would be beat by 06 Italy. Also, it is not really something to be proud of being the best team at the moment because these are the most average world cup teams ever.

WJD

Just watched that Sky Sports Rivalries thing on ARG v BRA. Come the fuck on, Lionel.

No way are Germany gonna suffocate him as much as Netherlands/Belgium/Switzerland did and I can't bloody wait for him to fly past Khedira and cunt one into the corner.

I am glad you acknowledge 8 years, because this Germany team would be beat by 06 Italy. Also, it is not really something to be proud of being the best team at the moment because these are the most average world cup teams ever.

But the point is, nobody will give a fuck anymore when it's history.

If we win it, people will look at players like Hummels, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, etc. and say yes, they deserved it. And Löw will probably get praised for it, although his tactics are shite.

If Argentina wins it and Messi scores today, people will say how Messi won them the cup, although he's been doing his best Özil impression this tournament.

Wilbur

Banned
So excited for tonight. Would love Messi to do it, and would be more gutted that he doesn't win rather than Germany winning. In the end, either is fine.

Wilbur

Banned

If we win it, people will look at players like Hummels, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, etc. and say yes, they deserved it. And Löw will probably get praised for it, although his tactics are shite.

If Argentina wins it and Messi scores today, people will say how Messi won them the cup, although he's been doing his best Özil impression this tournament.

No he hasn't :lol. Messi carried them through to the quarter finals practically by himself. Quiet the last two games but even in the last match he was getting surrounded by players with no options to help. Clearly isn't at his best but he hasn't been invisible (and neither has Ozil)

The final should be an awesome way to end this tournament! I feel like I am one of the only neutrals supporting Germany but fuck it they have my Schürrle and he will fucking win it for them!

tumblr_mxghp5h1Js1sscln5o1_250.gif

So excited for tonight. Would love Messi to do it, and would be more gutted that he doesn't win rather than Germany winning. In the end, either is fine.

Both finalist were my worst case scenarios. Germany getting a 4th star or that dwarf winning.

I am rooting for Rizzoli

1978 and 2002 finals both had Italian referees, then Italy won the World Cup. Come on 2018.

L1NETT

It's the best performing team at this world cup vs the genius Messi.

Should be cracking, sinking feeling it's gonna be a stodgy game decided by a dodgy penalty decision though

WJD

His presence alone is enough to completely alter the way an opposition team plays. Netherlands wouldn't have been anywhere near as impotent last game if they didn't have about 3 men on Messi at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom