• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunday muppetry: both Rodrigo and André Gomes were told to report to Germany tomorrow, to meet up with Valencia CF and take part of their training squad. nothing Benfica can do since we sold them to Peter Lim back in the winter transfer window.

poor Rodrigo, he told last month he was waiting for a bigger club than Valencia, guess the offer never came.

3Sixty

I'm willing to give Lovren the benefit of doubt that he was worried about the way the club was going. If he comes out and says he was wrong and staying he's alright in my book.

He's on his way to Belgium with the squad at the moment. So I'm sure we'll here something in the next few days.

“Filipe Luis seems to be pressing to leave and Diego Simeone has put him in the reserves as he’s not willing to waste his time. Filipe’s future does not pass through Atleti,” reports Spanish newspaper AS.

Please accept the 15mil bid then, Atletico

Is it just me or was PES 6 slower years ago? I'm playing it right now on my PS2, and it's ridiculously fast :lol

No it was way too fast, which makes PES5 so much better.

Arnie

I'm willing to give Lovren the benefit of doubt that he was worried about the way the club was going. If he comes out and says he was wrong and staying he's alright in my book.

He's on his way to Belgium with the squad at the moment. So I'm sure we'll here something in the next few days.
Just like it was with Suarez.

Once he resumes playing and puts in good performances it ultimately won't matter. I want these lads to help my club win games, not be my best mate.

Apart from Kuyt. I always wanted him to be my best mate.

When's Arsenal's Champions League qualifier?

Never going to happen but imagine the scenes if they bungled it.

fady would have nothing on the multiquote I'd be posting

@Fintan, last season basically killed Suso's chances

If we'd come into the summer having finished in the EL spots, there'd be room for him in the squad as we probably couldn't have attracted Markovic/maybe Lallana. Unfortuately for him though, we need players who are ready to slot in now since we expect to be fighting for a CL spot again, and want to go as far as possible in the CL, and he didn't exactly pull up any trees with Almeria, especially after the first 3 months or so.

He'll go on to be a very good player I think, can't see it being with us now though :(

This is the only thing I've seen Vidal quoted for

"The lure of weaving triangles with Fellaini & Cleverley in the icy rain is hard to resist." - Vidal in his live interview on Chilevision

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What is there to discuss. He will go back to Italy and claim his words were twisted, proper pecho frios South American.

Which reminds me - he has Copa America this year. Another reason we won't buy.

"NO Cunte! I meant "United is the biggest club NOT in Europe right now". You know dem premface muppets hehe *gulp*.."

Arnie

Barcelona will make out that they got him for less than his clause.

Goobers who enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle will happily believe Barcelona.

The actual fee will remain in the region of £75 million.

Yes, by YOUR clueless as fuck media.
He's Brazilian AND he plays for an English team, that means we'd be paying him four times what he's actually worth. Plus he's pretty crap. No thanks

As for the game tonight we need an early goal from Argentina to make things interesting. If Germany score first I don't see how Argentina can get back into the game.

Blablurn

a3Y9qy1_460s.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's Brazilian AND he plays for an English team, that means we'd be paying him four times what he's actually worth. Plus he's pretty crap. No thanks

As for the game tonight we need an early goal from Argentina to make things interesting. If Germany score first I don't see how Argentina can get back into the game.

Just the simple fact that he's Brazilian makes that story invalid. We don't do Brazilians no more :lol

Jarnet87

10yyfsv.gif

It's finally here guys, the last day of the year of Moyes. What a wild ride it's been. We've seen United fall apart, Lolerpool somehow challenge for a title, Arsenal spending money, Madrid and Barcelona choking in the domestic league, Pep destroy Bayern, and La Decima happen. And now it will culminate with Leo Messi lifting the World Cup trophy.

Arnie

The year of Moyes.

Will stick with me until my last day on this Earth.

What a pleasure it was. What a period of madness.

When United are good again and Mourinho is boring his way to a title and City are still City and Arsenal are a slightly more solid sort of bottle you'll yearn for more Moyes, for more genuine excitement, for the moments that make you release undiluted emotion.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone, and next year will be tragically cold in comparison.

jesalr

Barcelona will make out that they got him for less than his clause.

Goobers who enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle will happily believe Barcelona.

The actual fee will remain in the region of £75 million.

And yet you could say the exact opposite and we'd still be none the wiser. Replace Goobers who enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle with Liverpool fans, and there you have people believing the price was high, when it could well have been closer to £65m.

But we're not to believe Barca in the face of all of the facts elsewhere, right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The year of Moyes.

Will stick with me until my last day on this Earth.

What a pleasure it was. What a period of madness.

When United are good again and Mourinho is boring his way to a title and City are still City and Arsenal are a slightly more solid sort of bottle you'll yearn for more Moyes, for more genuine excitement, for the moments that make you release undiluted emotion.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone, and next year will be tragically cold in comparison.
My phone's wallpaper is still Moyes haha

Carbonox

My gf is on the xbox and cooking Sunday lunch... wut.

Tell her she's doing it wrong and is only allowed to cook the food. Give her coupons based on her success that grant her one whole hour on the Xbox.

You will benefit.

You will thank me.

You will give me a coupon as a reward.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't believe it's over. Thank you, Lambda.

Grim grey skies above
Darkness covers the land
A broken Scottish man
About to get canned

Tactics Tim collapsed
Spurs were uninspired
Still holding to top 6
While Moyes gets fired

Everton was rewarded
Someone was holding them back
Full potential unlocked
While Moyes gets the sack

Arsenal's March bane
Wenger and company implode
Still ahead of United
While Moyes hits the road

Plastic club City
With their pockets enlarged
Oil money can't fill stadiums
While Moyes gets discharged

Chelsea slowing down
Mourinho feeling exhausted
Hoping to lift a trophy
While Moyes gets ousted

Liverpool less fixtures
Masters of the bin dip
Sitting atop of the table
While Moyes gets the whip

Neymar massive flop
Messi barfs and vomits
Barca smuggling children
Anelka racist comments
Guardiola killing Bayern
Their president arrested
Giroud betraying his wife
Frozen Twix bars molested
Adnan online sex chatting
Drug bust in a major club
Match fixing scandals
Hooligans fighting in a pub
Qatar WC a fucking mess
300k/week was shortsighted
But nothing is as embarrassing
As when Moyes led United

Arnie

And yet you could say the exact opposite and we'd still be none the wiser. Replace Goobers who enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle with Liverpool fans, and there you have people believing the price was high, when it could well have been closer to £65m.

But we're not to believe Barca in the face of all of the facts elsewhere, right?
Except there is no incentive for Liverpool to sell for less than the clause and every reason for Barcelona to declare they paid less.

Sure, I understand what you are saying, but I just believe a rational reading of the situation would suggest that Barcelona are the reason for discrepancy, not Liverpool.

Especially after the Neymar fallout. This is a club that can and will and has used the press to obscure the amount of money it's spending on players.

Grim grey skies above
Darkness covers the land
A broken Scottish man
About to get canned

Tactics Tim collapsed
Spurs were uninspired
Still holding to top 6
While Moyes gets fired

Everton was rewarded
Full potential unlocked

Arsenal's March bane
Still ahead of United

Plastic club City

Chelsea slowing down
Hoping to lift a trophy
While Moyes gets ousted

Liverpool less fixtures
Masters of the bin dip

Neymar massive flop
Messi barfs and vomits
Barca smuggling children
Anelka racist comments
Guardiola killing Bayern
Their president arrested
Match fixing scandals
Qatar WC a fucking mess
As when Moyes led United

xNpog5Y.gif

Arnie

Grim grey skies above
Darkness covers the land
A broken Scottish man
About to get canned

Tactics Tim collapsed
Spurs were uninspired
Still holding to top 6
While Moyes gets fired

Everton was rewarded
Full potential unlocked

Arsenal's March bane
Still ahead of United

Plastic club City

Chelsea slowing down
Hoping to lift a trophy
While Moyes gets ousted

Liverpool less fixtures
Masters of the bin dip

Neymar massive flop
Messi barfs and vomits
Barca smuggling children
Anelka racist comments
Guardiola killing Bayern
Their president arrested
Match fixing scandals
Qatar WC a fucking mess
As when Moyes led United
I have my reasons for disliking Lambda but there's no denying he has a real gift.

This is just fucking superlative.

It's the best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom