• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Do you guys watch Veep? Made by the same chap (I'm learning phrases from you Brits) that did The Thick Of It. Probably my favourite show in recent memory.

One of my favorite shows. They shoot in my city (Baltimore). No clue where they're going with season 4 given how 3 ended!

pulga

Banned
What's with the Premface obsession over weekly wages? Why isn't saying 10m a year, like the rest of the world, enough? Do you people also calculate how much a player makes a day, a minute, a second?
wtzgU.gif

bud

I was quite surprised there was no minutes silence or black armbands for Di Stefano.

I mean not that it's needed or anything but it's the done thing. I assume it was some bullshit FIFA rules or something that meant they couldn't do it.

seems like they're holding a minute silence today.

omgkitty

What's with the Premface obsession over weekly wages? Why isn't saying 10m a year, like the rest of the world, enough? Do you people also calculate how much a player makes a day, a minute, a second?
wtzgU.gif

Because that's how we compare him to other players. It's like the metric system or something...IDK I'm American.

Barzul

wtzgU.gif

Well that's how I think of wages in weeks not in years. It's just how most PL watchers have been conditioned. No idea why it's like that.

wtzgU.gif

That's usually left to The Sun and the Daily Mail. They love doing that when a player signs a big contract.

sohois

I know it's hard to remember, but do please try harder guys:

The world cup is not a source on which to base transfers or predictions of quality, especially not one fucking game at a world cup.

Let's just remind ourselves that Khedira is still pretty crap, Kroos is a long way from being one of the world's best midfielders and Hamas is not one of the world's best players.

Srsly guise

omgkitty

I know it's hard to remember, but do please try harder guys:

The world cup is not a source on which to base transfers or predictions of quality, especially not one fucking game at a world cup.

Let's just remind ourselves that Khedira is still pretty crap, Kroos is a long way from being one of the world's best midfielders and Hamas is not one of the world's best players.

Srsly guise

Kroos starts for Bayern. Khedira starts for Real Madrid. Rodriguez has been banging them in for Monaco all season. Just because you're on GAF and think someone is shit doesn't actually mean anything. A lot of the players shit on here are actually pretty good.

Barzul

Kroos starts for Bayern. Khedira starts for Real Madrid. Rodriguez has been banging them in for Monaco all season. Just because you're on GAF and think someone is shit doesn't actually mean anything. A lot of the players shit on here are actually pretty good.

My only worry about Khedira is that he makes those forward runs that Ramsey also does, he'll have to sit a bit. Don't want another Songinho on our hands.

Barzul

Khedira is on the last year of his contract right? Fee should be a lot cheaper that what is being reported then. Not many top clubs are looking for a CM besides us and United.

omgkitty

My only worry about Khedira is that he makes those forward runs that Ramsey also does, he'll have to sit a bit. Don't want another Songinho on our hands.

Yeah I agree, which is why I'd rather have Bender, but Khedira is good too. Wenger will just have to tell him to sit back more.

Khedira is on the last year of his contract right? Fee should be a lot cheaper that what is being reported then. Not many top clubs are looking for a CM besides us and United.

We have been linked a lot with him to partner Matic. If he's available, i'd expect some competition from many other teams

Barzul

Yeah I agree, which is why I'd rather have Bender, but Khedira is good too. Wenger will just have to tell him to sit back more.

Mind you I didn't believe Arteta could play DM either when we signed him, but Wenger made it work somehow.

sohois

neither of these are true.

Khedira has been a complete liability for RM for years as any Madrid fan would tell you, Bayern fans have been completely indifferent to Kroos for ages, not to mention that the whole 'starts for team' is a complete fallacy. Madrid have had the likes of Julien Faubert start for them, last years PL winners had Cleverly as a starter.
edit: and khedira made 17 appearances for Real Madrid this season, not even a starter

And 'banging them in for Monaco'? You might as well write "Hulk has been banging them in for Zenit", "Bebe has been banging them in for whoever", etc. That's still a hell of a long way from being one of the world best players

Herr K

Banned
I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE CUNTS LET RAMI GO! HOLY SHIT ADRIANO FUCKING GALLIANI YOU OLD CUNT LEAVE THE CLUB!

I can't believe it.

wedward

and khedira made 17 appearances for Real Madrid this season, not even a starter

He tore his ACL, christ.

At least do some research before talking out your ass.

It is obvious you don't watch these players, so why should anyone listen to your opinion on them?

Let's hope the chance to play with his German teammates trumps Roman's endless cashflow.

Theres more to Chelsea than Roman's cash-flow. He worked with Jose previously and we're much more likely to compete for the silverware he will want to win.

severin

Khedira is considered quality now? What are we basing this on, the 7-1 bukkake of Brazil? Because he has looked totally ordinary in Madrid for the last few years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fucking hell, it's happening, isn't it? Verratti 2.0.

I BLAME YURT.

Little Messi? lol, the only thing that he has in common with Messi is the job. Oh and they're both from Argentina.

Also, only Zabo and I were hyping him. We used to like him before anybody else. #iTurbeHipsters

OH PLEASE

HE AINT VERRATTI 2.0!
is he THAT good? I don't know. Seriously guys, tell me?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Origi / Ben Davies arm wrestling contest with Spurs is fucking hilarious.

Wait you want Davies now too?

Levy this is why you don't fuck around, this shit should have been done 10 days ago.

Arnie

Wait you want Davies now too?

Levy this is why you don't fuck around, this shit should have been done 10 days ago.
I read it on Twitter.

Can't speak of its validity.

Probably already been said but Origi was at Melwood today to speak to Brendan.

Tubie

The best football Madrid has played in recent years has been without Ozil or Khedira in the field.

I would gladly let him go to Arsenal for free.

I love how a 7-1 game against Brazil somehow erased the past 4 years of terribleness from Khedira.

wedward

The best football Madrid has played in recent years has been without Ozil or Khedira in the field.

I would gladly let him go to Arsenal for free.

I love how a 7-1 game against Brazil somehow erased the past 4 years of terribleness from Khedira.

Blame it on Mou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom