• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Wait you want Davies now too?

Levy this is why you don't fuck around, this shit should have been done 10 days ago.

Jesus Christ. It's actually embarrassing how Levy's been desperately haggling with Swansea over 1-2 million, we need a decent left-back so badly as well.

Yen

Yesterday was the only match I watched on rté, and jees, you'd swear Dunphy was drunk. He was even worse than usual.

omgkitty

I see your back pat and raise you synchronised water drinking!

Khedira-Mourinho-beben-agua-atender-medios.jpg

If you google image search "Khedira" the 4th recommended category is "Khedira Ozil."

jtb

Banned
if we're paying 30m for someone like Khedira, how much more do we have to pay to get a genuinely world class CM talent like Pogba? 30m seems like an overpay to me... only reason the fee is so high is because he's valuable to a rich club like RM right now more than his actual quality.

wedward

if we're paying 30m for someone like Khedira, how much more do we have to pay to get a genuinely world class CM talent like Pogba? 30m seems like an overpay to me... only reason the fee is so high is because he's valuable to a rich club like RM right now more than his actual quality.

Where does Pogba play in our midfield?

sohois

He tore his ACL, christ.

At least do some research before talking out your ass.

It is obvious you don't watch these players, so why should anyone listen to your opinion on them?
i dont pretend that i do. but there are still a host of viable sources of evidence on which to make judgments, like multiple years of mediocrity at Madrid, like the frequent putdowns of his fans, the opinions of journalists who watch them, their records of goals and assists and in defense. a hell of a lot more evidence than a single walkover game.

Barzul

You know that's euros right which is 23.8 million in pounds and I think it'll be cheaper than that. Pogba will cost 65m pounds. No way we can afford someone like that.

jtb

Banned
Where does Pogba play in our midfield?

next to Ramsey. two complete midfielders next to each other can coexist with the proper defensive awareness and tactical plan. they've both got a ton of energy and can do it all.

omgkitty

Don't think that solves our problem of being too open in mid.

It would be dumb to pay that much money for Pogba and then tell him to sit back and shield the back 4.

Plus I think Juve want like 60m for him. Still think he's the next Vieira and would be great for us, but don't think Wenger would spend the money and he doesn't really solve a problem as even though he's a decent defender, he doesn't really defend.

wedward

i dont pretend that i do. but there are still a host of viable sources of evidence on which to make judgments, like multiple years of mediocrity at Madrid, like the frequent putdowns of his fans, the opinions of journalists who watch them, their records of goals and assists and in defense. a hell of a lot more evidence than a single walkover game.

uh huh.

Is wiki one of those sources of evidence you use?

Tears ACL in November. Out for most of seaspm.

"17 games. pffff. He is so crap he isn't even a starter"

I would be OK with Khedira leaving Madrid, we can use the money to replace him. He's not so great to be honest, his return from injury went basically unoticed. He had 2-3 good games and that's about it, meanwhile Coentrao was a beast when he returned.

jtb

Banned
Khedira is fine. DMs are tough to judge anyways; they're like keepers. everyone thinks they have an easy job and their performance only really comes under scrutiny when they fuck up. my issue is would be with the price.

I think putting two complete midfielders next to each other can work fine with Wenger and Bould giving explicit tactical instructions. Similar to Diaby's role in the side for the few games he played a few seasons ago—he's not a DM but he'd sit and protect the back four without the ball, take it forward with the ball. but of course, truly complete midfielders are rare and expensive.

sohois

uh huh.

Is wiki one of those sources of evidence you use?

Tears ACL in November. Out for most of seaspm.

"17 games. pffff. He is so crap he isn't even a starter"
no.
though this seems a bit pointless, it doesn't change the validity of my original argument either way

wedward

no.
though this seems a bit pointless, it doesn't change the validity of my original argument either way

Which is what? That because lots of Madrid fans and Bayern fans don't rate their players neither should we?

Plug and Bla are where we should be getting our opinions from?

sohois

Which is what? That because lots of Madrid fans and Bayern fans don't rate their players neither should we?

Plug and Bla are where we should be getting our opinions from?
no. i brought up the starts since you implied that starting for these big clubs was evidence of quality. i demonstrated the obvious fallacy of the point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom