• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We lost two early games to Chinese teams last season if I recall, lol. Poor Boyata, shot bounced off his ass and went the other way for an OG. First goal was after he conceded a penalty -- initial shot saved but rebound scored.

Didn't he sign a new contract recently? Pretty desperate to meet that home grown quota, I guess. At a club with an actual youth system someone like Boyata would have been moved on years ago.

bud

boyata couldn't even make it in an eredivisie side.

all those millions citeh spent on their youth academy...

gone.

Pachimari

I'm really sure Di Maria, Morata and Casemiro will be the only ones leaving this summer.

We will get Kroos, James and a striker. Falcao or a young prospect.

Marc

I heard we will bid for Ibra, Benzema, Balotelli and Rooney

Bayern?

Liverpool really need a star signing, a £40+ million player, otherwise it just seems like letting go of Suarez was a bad move. This is their moment to attract a star player too, doing it next summer if they have a bad season is not going to happen.

Really want them to do well but the signings so far have been awful for a club wanting to stay in the CL and compete for the title.

Fry

Bayern?

Liverpool really need a star signing, a £40+ million player, otherwise it just seems like letting go of Suarez was a bad move. This is their moment to attract a star player too, doing it next summer if they have a bad season is not going to happen.

Really want them to do well but the signings so far have been awful for a club wanting to stay in the CL and compete for the title.

Maybe Brenton wants to prove a point that you don't need to sign star players to do well?

Bayern?

Feels like we've given up on the title tbh, and the signings are to try and stay in as many competitions/top 4 for as long as possible

If we drop points in our first game (to Southampton of all teams) I could see that jst killing our season already given the 2 fixtures we have afterwards

Slizz

dS1gSmT.jpg

Marc

Maybe Brenton wants to prove a point that you don't need to sign star players to do well?

History has proven that to be a massive long shot, unless you have a world class youth set up.

Still, players like Sturridge and Sterling a year older, a year wiser. Could improve.

Feels like we've given up on the title tbh, and the signings are to try and stay in as many competitions/top 4 for as long as possible

If we drop points in our first game (to Southampton of all teams) I could see that jst killing our season already given the 2 fixtures we have afterwards

Top 4 seemed a miracle last season, with Suarez and Sturridge mostly fit and firing. I don't think the signings have been top 4 material, if they were you'd have faced some competition for their signatures.

Yeah, momentum can play a massive part. I still think Liverpool have a signing up their sleeve but maybe waiting on the other club to do their business or working out the details.

Clegg

I knowsome of you guys wouldn't be into comics, but I really couldn't recommend Fables any higher. Its just brilliant.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
On ultimate difficulty fifa cheats, its absurd how blatantly it does it aswell, why create a difficulty, use it in UT and then make it so that certain games are impossible to win?

History has proven that to be a massive long shot, unless you have a world class youth set up.

Still, players like Sturridge and Sterling a year older, a year wiser. Could improve.

Top 4 seemed a miracle last season, with Suarez and Sturridge mostly fit and firing. I don't think the signings have been top 4 material, if they were you'd have faced some competition for their signatures.

Yeah, momentum can play a massive part. I still think Liverpool have a signing up their sleeve but maybe waiting on the other club to do their business or working out the details.

I think we'll try doing a few things

1) More responsibilty for Sturridge and Sterling
2) Play a bit less open, protect the back 4
3) Spread the goals more equally among the front 4
4) Rest Gerrard when possible

Without a huge fuckoff signing, there's no way we can just play Markovic instead of Suarez and try playing the same way we did last year.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's not top 4 quality as even with Suarez last year I wouldn't have said that was title-challenging quality, but it leaves me doubtful as to finishing 4th or above, and very sceptical of challenging for the title again.

Hixx

On ultimate difficulty fifa cheats, its absurd how blatantly it does it aswell, why create a difficulty, use it in UT and then make it so that certain games are impossible to win?

Why are you playing the AI Cola!? UT is all about playing other peoples teams!

I'm not into comics. But playing the wolf among us, almost made me want to read fables. Almost. Then I remembered it's comics.
TGNz0rC.png

Same. I went to look at one on Amazon (they have that "look inside!" thing for comics too) and about 30 seconds later I closed it and my interest plummeted.

Why would we even go for James at a price anywhere over 30mil? Is he even proven? Sure he has a good world cup but what else?

.. Meanwhile Di Maria is proven and his work ethic is incredible while not playing in sole wing position. With every penny of 60 million transfer, will be missed.

The only substitute I want for Di Maria is Pogba. Strong, young and proven. He would be immense in the box. What would James bring? We already have Jese.

Fuck this is frustrating, I hope Carlo pulls through with Pogba.

Maddox

I think we'll try doing a few things

1) More responsibilty for Sturridge and Sterling
2) Play a bit less open, protect the back 4
3) Spread the goals more equally among the front 4
4) Rest Gerrard when possible

Without a huge fuckoff signing, there's no way we can just play Markovic instead of Suarez and try playing the same way we did last year.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's not top 4 quality as even with Suarez last year I wouldn't have said that was title-challenging quality, but it leaves me doubtful as to finishing 4th or above, and very sceptical of challenging for the title again.

I'm getting really worried about the amount of pressure people have been putting on Sterling since the World Cup. I do hope he takes it in his stride.

I'm getting really worried about the amount of pressure people have been putting on Sterling since the World Cup. I do hope he takes it in his stride.

I have complete faith in him

If he can't quite hack it at the head of the triangle (which is where he'd fucking better play, bollocks to Lallana ousting him) we can just shove him back on the wing and give him some tapes of SWP :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kingsley Coman: "Juve have great history with French players and they often had success here,” the 18-year-old told L’Equipe.

“So I said to myself, why not? The directors presented a good project and not just idle chatter. They were straight-talking and I like that.

“I don’t want to say I’ll follow Pogba’s footsteps and explode immediately on to the scene like he did, but if I am given the opportunity, then I’d like to try.

“I leave PSG after a year in which I trained with great players. I don’t think there’s a huge difference between PSG and Juventus and I’m not diving into the unknown. I have faith in my own abilities, even if I haven’t had a chance to prove myself in big match situations yet.
Mmmhmm ok

I'll never finish Jojo. NEVER.
Looooooooooooool

Clegg

Fables is great. You really can't go wrong with anything from Vertigo. I also loved The Unwritten.
Have to agree. 'Preacher' and 'The Sandman' are two of the greatest works in the medium. Both published by Vertigo.

Will have a look at The Unwritten too.

Maddox

I have complete faith in him

If he can't quite hack it at the head of the triangle (which is where he'd fucking better play, bollocks to Lallana ousting him) we can just shove him back on the wing and give him some tapes of SWP :p

He is my favorite Red, i'm desperate for him to become a true great. I think he has that finishing in him too, just needs to unlock it. Raheezus <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol at fucking David Luiz costing slightly more than Suarez. What an absolute bargain, well done Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom