• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

We have an official Suarez price?

ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Reel them in, Yurt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pls

Yurt I would read you bed time stories every night, have me instead of the Russian. You could just close your eyes and imagine the pictures, in your head.
No one can say no to that

Keith should be our cup-bearer

I was gonna say Lightning but we need someone with cup-holding experience

No one can say no to that

Keith should be our cup-bearer

I was gonna say Lightning but we need someone with cup-holding experience

Hahaha
I don't think we should trust Keith with that though. This is his post a few days ago after playing fifa

sorry about that last game, I was trying to find all the keys to my keyboard. Still missing the C key but otherwise I am ok til I can buy a new one.

Barzul

Something for Liverpool GAF.

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_ now
Por cierto, el #Liverpool retoma el fichaje de Alberto Moreno con el #Sevilla. Iago Aspas podría entrar en la operación.

which translates *bing* to

By the way, the #Liverpool takes up the signing of Alberto Moreno with the #Sevilla. Iago Aspas could come into operation.

Looks like you won't be getting Betrand.

Meier

Didn't he sign a new contract recently? Pretty desperate to meet that home grown quota, I guess. At a club with an actual youth system someone like Boyata would have been moved on years ago.

He was definitely kept around for numbers. A few more years and the new young defenders may be able to help out.

sohois

Something for Liverpool GAF.

which translates *bing* to

Looks like you won't be getting Betrand.

This has already been suggested but reports now emerge that Sevilla only want Aspas on lan with option to but and won't include him in a Moreno deal.

It'll get done eventually, but Sevilla sure do like their posturing.

Arnie

Just get the lad fucking signed.

Stop dicking about. Give them £16 million and Aspas. That lad's fucking worthless anyway.

I was so excited for Aspas at the time. It's the hope that kills you.

That finish in a preseason match was about the most composed thing he did in a Liverpool shirt

No idea how good he was for Celta Vigo, but he was dismal last season. Thank fuck we never had to rely on him

Fry

Looks like we're trying to sign players to cover positions we're unspectacular at, and leave the Suarez replacement for later.

Meier

what is it about?
Never read a comic, but I would like to start but the traditional superhero stuff doesn't attract me at all.
You should check out Y The Last Man. The comic book line who publishes both (Vertigo, a smaller line from DC Comics) is pretty great. I read Y first and then moved onto Fables and the other properties from Brian K. Vaughn (author of Y).

rvy

Banned
Looks like we're trying to sign players to cover positions we're unspectacular at, and leave the Suarez replacement for later.

Gerrard will replace Suárez. He's getting up there in age, needs to stop running around aimlessly in the midfield and be in the box.
If he slips in the box, what's the worst that can happen?

sohois

I still feel the Aspas criticism is ridiculous. He played like 5 games, got injured, then Suarez returned and he never had another chance to play again. It's just no time whatsoever to judge a player.

Brendan has obviously decided he doesn't want him, but I reckon he'll do fine if he goes back to Spain and actually gets a chance to play more than a few games

Mastadon

Banned
How many of Brendan's buys are Brendan's? On the face of it he's got quite the spotty record so far.

I said the the other day that I think it's only really fair to judge him on this season now he has more control over the transfers.

You're right though, he and the committee have bought quite a few mid-low value players who haven't worked out.

Btw Sex Criminals is a fantastic new comic you should all check out.

I don't understand football clubs and how they negotiate sometimes.

How much have Liverpool bid for Moreno so far? Like say it's £14m? And Sevilla want £16m?

Just pay it. Who cares. It's £2m. 1/30 of a Suarez.

Salvadora

I still feel the Aspas criticism is ridiculous. He played like 5 games, got injured, then Suarez returned and he never had another chance to play again. It's just no time whatsoever to judge a player.

Brendan has obviously decided he doesn't want him, but I reckon he'll do fine if he goes back to Spain and actually gets a chance to play more than a few games
Eh, that corner against Chelsea was unforgivable.

Amateur stuff.

Elchele

How much have Liverpool bid for Moreno so far? Like say it's £14m? And Sevilla want £16m?

That's how oil clubs must think like.

You should check out Y The Last Man. The comic book line who publishes both (Vertigo, a smaller line from DC Comics) is pretty great. I read Y first and then moved onto Fables and the other properties from Brian K. Vaughn (author of Y).

Will check it out, thanks. Have you read Essex County (Jeff Lemire)? I'm trying to find it here, but still no luck.

Slizz

what is it about?
Never read a comic, but I would like to start but the traditional superhero stuff doesn't attract me at all.

Sounds really interesting.

Never had a comic sweep me up like 100 Bullets did. It got me into a multitude of other new comics that I'm into now.

Finding flights is the worst.

The absolute worst.

Also the flight I want is cheaper by like £50 on Alitalia but I just refuse to fly with an Italian airline. Sorry Yurt.

Same with Iberia. There's a reason it's £100 cheaper. Cos you die.

sohois

Liverpool offer £16million and Sevilla want £20. Saying "It's just a few million" is an easy way to end up throwing money away on mediocre players. There is a 25% price increase for Sevilla's request, that's a big difference

Eh, that corner against Chelsea was unforgivable.

Amateur stuff.

It's funny, but it's stupid to actually say: This guy botched a corner once, he's obviously shit. You won't find anyone who still laughs at Eden Hazard botching that trick in the charity shield back when

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Lost G Rossi over a 2 million difference

And now we're only offering 27 for Iturbe, which is also 2 million short of their asking price.

God I fucking hate us

Salvadora

FIFA guest list for the final.
o6rtcBO.jpg

We better get close-ups of Putin (and James Bond)!
It's funny, but it's stupid to actually say: This guy botched a corner once, he's obviously shit. You won't find anyone who still laughs at Eden Hazard botching that trick in the charity shield back when
You're always so serious sohois :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom