• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Will check it out, thanks. Have you read Essex County (Jeff Lemire)? I'm trying to find it here, but still no luck.

Nope. I've only read a few comics to this day.. but I've enjoyed everything from Vertigo that I've read.

y_the_last_man_large.jpg

Scum

Germany are going to win this but for the sake of my work sweepstake I want Argentina to win it. Even better that Messi gets to shame their bitter rivals in their own back yard.

Slizz

I can't believe the influx of Argentina flags and supporters over the last 3 days here in Miami.... Most were non-existent.

Tons of Colombia fans from the start, probably the most out all the teams down here.

Of course USA had a good amount but it seemed mainly Brazil and Colombia from the start of the tourney.

Clegg

what is it about?
Never read a comic, but I would like to start but the traditional superhero stuff doesn't attract me at all.

Sounds really interesting.
A very bief synopsis of Fables is what if fairy tales like Snow White and The Big Bad Wolf were actually real and living in a secret community in New York. The whole thing is about the struggles of these mythical beings living together and the ongoing struggle to retrieve their kingdoms from The Adversary who waged war against them and forced them to flee to New York.

Gambit

A very bief synopsis of Fables is what if fairy tales like Snow White and The Big Bad Wolf were actually real and living in a secret community in New York. The whole thing is about the struggles of these mythical beings living together and the ongoing struggle to retrieve their kingdoms from The Adversary who waged war against them and forced them to flee to New York.

I read the first four trades. It was fantastic. I don't really remember now why I stopped. Bigby Wold was a great character.

the comics also keep me from ever watching something Once upon a time. It seems too similiar and will probably be a big let-down.

Elchele

sounds good. I may give it a try if I find it at the Comic Store. The same goes to 100 Bullets, sounds interesting and one of the creators is from Argentina so surely it will be available

sneaky77

sounds good. I may give it a try if I find it at the Comic Store. The same goes to 100 Bullets, sounds interesting and one of the creators is from Argentina so surely it will be available

100 Bullets is great, and so is Preacher, I have the full run of those. Well the volume collections anyway

Carbonox

Need to either:

a) Keep my iPhone 4 but get a sharp reduction in my monthly contract fee
b) Upgrade to a new phone but I want to keep the contract lower or at least on par with my current one (£32 give or take)

Recommendations on quality phones that aren't 50 or whatever stupid ass quid price?

I was looking at the Sony Xperia M2 which is the middle tier (Z being top) which looks quite good and has good reviews.

Can't help but feel starting Klose is a mistake.

He will poach a loose ball from a great Maschareno tackle to score

Need to either:

a) Keep my iPhone 4 but get a sharp reduction in my monthly contract fee
b) Upgrade to a new phone but I want to keep the contract lower or at least on par with my current one (£32 give or take)

Recommendations on quality phones that aren't 50 or whatever stupid ass quid price?

I was looking at the Sony Xperia M2 which is the middle tier (Z being top) which looks quite good and has good reviews.

Nexus 5?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
trying to get back into football after a 5 year absence at 27 is unnerving, i sent a few squad emails and most of the mens teams are between 18-22 D:

Gonna need to put in extra fitness shifts to catch these younguns

Probity

Can't help but feel starting Klose is a mistake.

Maybe Schürrle should be in to start, he has been extremely good this World Cup and just as a sub, could be really good. He has awesome positioning and work-rate, and he can score. Just what we need. Klose should be coming on as a sub since he will need Argentina to be a bit tired to be his most successful out there. I dunno, he is really good, has proven he can finish as a starter this cup now. I will just let Löw do his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom