• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
I don't get this logic. Obviously you are going to consider him the GOAT and refer to his peak as evidence of that just like others do for Pele and Maradona and Zidane and etc.

Pele, Maradona, and Zidane didn't regress at 27 years of age.

By your logic, Ronaldinho should be in discussion of GOAT but he's not because similar to Messi, he regressed at an age he probably should have been at his best.

Messi is still great but he is not the GOAT by a far stretch. Talk about statistics all you want. GOAT is someone with statistics and dies and lives for his team. Someone who is outrun in a World Cup final by a 36 year old is far from the GOAT.

Kyoufu

They can bring 100 different coaches but in the end Messi pulls the strings. Seeing Tarta in Barca was tragic, he genuinely tried his best to appear like he was ordering the team around but ultimately you saw through him. Messi is the GOAT coach in Argentina and Barca.

Which isn't a good thing. Pep needs to come in and lay down the law.

Come back to Barca, Pep. :(

GorillaJu

Just read the good news re: Moreno. Looking likely that one happens after all. Lazar and Origi both in Liverpool now as well.

Won't need too many more signings if any for the first team. One more forward would do though. Remy sounds like a shrewd buy

GQman2121

Banned
I can't imagine what Madrid are going to get out of PSG for Di Maria. Surely it has to be upwards of £50m, no?

Anyway, this was on Twitter and I thought it was nice.

eDBKBcj.jpg

Scum

Shame about GOAT not winning the wc, but overall this Argentina team was avarage at best. Take Mascherano and Messi out and they would have already lost to Switzerland.

There is two Copa Americas to be played before next World Cup and they need to hire good coach right now to start building team for next 4 years. Tata Martino is probably the best choise to go for and he is free at the moment too.

One thing that impress me about Argentina was the defending. I was expecting them to pick apart from the very start but they did really well. Need to surround Messi, Di Maria and Mascherano with a quicker and more creative midfield.

Arnie

Just read the good news re: Moreno. Looking likely that one happens after all. Lazar and Origi both in Liverpool now as well.

Won't need too many more signings if any for the first team. One more forward would do though. Remy sounds like a shrewd buy
We're loading the majority of the Suarez money on Reus.

FSG want dat marquee , m8

L1NETT

Also thanks to Wes for doing all the OT stuff, even if some of the posting in that thread...was...errr...odd at best he did a damn good job.

With the way Villa are going I think he should take a year off

Where are all these new members then

Bring it

Also thanks to Wes for doing all the OT stuff, even if some of the posting in that thread...was...errr...odd at best he did a damn good job.

With the way Villa are going I think he should take a year off

Where are all these new members then

Bring it

I think I convinced Disagree Guy to join us. He should be a scoop for our thread.

Razor554

They can bring 100 different coaches but in the end Messi pulls the strings. Seeing Tarta in Barca was tragic, he genuinely tried his best to appear like he was ordering the team around but ultimately you saw through him. Messi is the GOAT coach in Argentina and Barca.

We have Luis Enrique now, he wont have that shiet. He will bench Messi like he did with Totti in Roma.

Vampire and Neygod shall lead us to treble.

Linius

How do people not see Neuer commited a foul by destroying Higuain just outside the box. I can't be the crazy one here right? That he's a goalie doesn't mean he can jump around the pitch on top of players when he likes to. If a field player would have done that it would have been a free kick 100%. Even worse, Higuain got the call against him. What the fuck did he do except for running there?

I can't imagine what Madrid are going to get out of PSG for Di Maria. Surely it has to be upwards of £50m, no?

Anyway, this was on Twitter and I thought it was nice.

eDBKBcj.jpg

I don't understand this. All the players go around and say thanks for the game and give a hug or two... I bet I could easily make one even for John Terry.

Blablurn

Some years ago there was a discussion about the problem that Germany has no personalities.

But Schweinsteiger turned out to be the biggest one. What a fighter. I can't believe what he did throughout the last years. So many injuries. So many comebacks. What a fighter.

Scum

How do people not see Neuer commited a foul by destroying Higuain just outside the box. I can't be the crazy one here right? That he's a goalie doesn't mean he can jump around the pitch on top of players when he likes to. If a field player would have done that it would have been a free kick 100%. Even worse, Higuain got the call against him. What the fuck did he do except for running there?

He's going to get into serious trouble with his antics soon enough. Fucking great GK though.

Pele, Maradona, and Zidane didn't regress at 27 years of age.

By your logic, Ronaldinho should be in discussion of GOAT but he's not because similar to Messi, he regressed at an age he probably should have been at his best.

Messi is still great but he is not the GOAT by a far stretch. Talk about statistics all you want. GOAT is someone with statistics and dies and lives for his team. Someone who is outrun in a World Cup final by a 36 year old is far from the GOAT.

It is why Totti is the greatest. he has been performing at the highest level for 20 years and performing at a level that few others have reached.

Roma 2015 Champions League winners

Elchele

Some years ago there was a discussion about the problem that Germany has no personalities.

But Schweinsteiger turned out to be the biggest one. What a fighter. I can't believe what he did throughout the last years. So many injuries. So many comebacks. What a fighter.

pretty sure he'll be 6 months out after how he got destroyed in this final :lol

Pennywise

Never thought he would play a major role after last season.
He did though, and there are many more to come.

Golden generation !

It was inside the box?

Linius

It was inside the box?

He jumped from inside the box, touched the ball probably right above the 16 meter line and ended on Higuains face just outside the box. His knee was as high as Higuains face who was running in a straight up position.

That should be called for a dangerous play innit?

Gambit

so damn right. Those fuckers from Sportbild can stop their "Chefchen" campaign. He was incredible and THE BOSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom