• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

How do people not see Neuer commited a foul by destroying Higuain just outside the box. I can't be the crazy one here right? That he's a goalie doesn't mean he can jump around the pitch on top of players when he likes to. If a field player would have done that it would have been a free kick 100%. Even worse, Higuain got the call against him. What the fuck did he do except for running there?

both went for the ball. Goalkeepers are allowed to use their hands to touch the ball so if he wanted to do that, there was no other way to do it. Both went for the ball, Higuain saw him and decided to still go for the ball.

If Neuer had failed to touch the ball then yes, it would have been a penalty.

Scum

Götze is 22. Has 34 caps for his country. Scored 11. The last goal being the most important goal of his young career - it won his footballing country the fucking World Cup.

Meanwhile in England, most have no idea where the best positions are for some of the players.

EuvEO5Z.png

omgkitty

People seem to get especially touchy whenever a possible Reus transfer is mentioned.

Most of that used to come from Milch, but now it seems to be that Liverpool fans think they're gonna get him, and they're out of their fucking minds. I think he'll either stay at Dortmund or end up at Bayern or Arsenal.

Linius

both went for the ball. Goalkeepers are allowed to use their hands to touch the ball so if he wanted to do that, there was no other way to do it. Both went for the ball, Higuain saw him and decided to still go for the ball.

If Neuer had failed to touch the ball then yes, it would have been a penalty.

So basically a goalie is allowed to torpedo any player as long as he stays inside his 16 meter box? That's a pretty weird rule to be honest. It gives goalies who have Neuers style of coming out of the goal a lot of power. He knows if he can reach the ball with in his area he can destroy any attacker who might be in his way, as long as he touches the ball first.

I got my hair cut last week and I've been told by like 8 students since then that i look like Reus.

Reus to Liverpool confirmed.

I didn't mean what I said before about Reus, you are beautiful human bean and if I was a >50kg Asian, I would give myself up to be your sex sleve.

So basically a goalie is allowed to torpedo any player as long as he stays inside his 16 meter box? That's a pretty weird rule to be honest. It gives goalies who have Neuers style of coming out of the goal a lot of power. He knows if he can reach the ball with in his area he can destroy any attacker who might be in his way, as long as he touches the ball first.

No... But let the people have their "he got the ball first", cause it's clearly never going to go away.

Pennywise

Most of that used to come from Milch, but now it seems to be that Liverpool fans think they're gonna get him, and they're out of their fucking minds. I think he'll either stay at Dortmund or end up at Bayern or Arsenal.

Milch knows it.
Reus is someone with ambition, he's already playing at a better club (no disrespect Liverpool), IF he is going somewhere else, the sum is gonna be absurdly high and it's gonna be a top club who's above Dortmund.

Randdalf

Götze is 22. Has 34 caps for his country. Scored 11. The last goal being the most important goal of his young career - it won his footballing country the fucking World Cup.

Meanwhile in England, most have no idea where the best positions are for some of the players.

EuvEO5Z.png

Meanwhile in England, we send our 22 year olds to wilt in the Championship.

3Sixty

Just seen this.

Leeds United FC @LUFC

Our game with Viitorul Constanta has been forced to be called off due to the Romanian side not turning up at the ground #lufc

:lololol

Milch knows it.
Reus is someone with ambition, he's already playing at a better club (no disrespect Liverpool), IF he is going somewhere else, the sum is gonna be absurdly high and it's gonna be a top club who's above Dortmund.

Yeah Reus turned down Bayern the first time. Real/Barca/United are the only places he'd go.

omgkitty

Milch knows it.

The fact of the matter is, if he comes to England, and it's not Arsenal, I may die.

GorillaJu

I'm surprised 8 of your students even know who Reus is. My image of Japan youth is shattered.

Soccer is the biggest sport among young people in Japan and Dortmund is a popular team since they're young and play good football. Japan also has a thing with Germany. Every year at least one class of students chooses the Dortmund kit for their "class shirt" that there wear at school sports events/culture festival.

arkon

That doesn't matter. The ref has to make the decision that it's reckless or dangerous play. He can still be penalized even if he gets the ball.

Carbonox

Soccer is the biggest sport among young people in Japan and Dortmund is a popular team since they're young and play good football. Japan also has a thing with Germany. Every year at least one class of students chooses the Dortmund kit for their "class shirt" that there wear at school sports events/culture festival.

I'm going to shave, fly over to Japan and apply to be a student at the school you teach and be in the classes you teach. I'll wear a Newcastle shirt and scare the fuck out of them.

Pennywise

The fact of the matter is, if he comes to England, and it's not Arsenal, I may die.

Unless Arsenal is a candidate for a CL win and is constantly on top of EPL, you can be sure about it.

Shitty thing is, he got a buyout clause next season for 35m €.
Dortmund is trying to get rid of it now and trying to extend the contract.

He loves Dortmund though :)

omgkitty

I very much doubt he would go to a club without Champions League football when he can walk into Arsenal and play with all of his German bros without looking like a douche for choosing Bayern.

FTFY

Unless Arsenal is a candidate for a CL win and is constantly on top of EPL, you can be sure about it.

Shitty thing is, he got a buyout clause next season for 35m €.
Dortmund is trying to get rid of it now and trying to extend the contract.

He loves Dortmund though :)

And if it's between staying at Dortmund and going somewhere else, I'm totally cool with him staying there. Honestly, Reus isn't leaving this summer. I think he'll sign a new contract to remove the release clause just so Dortmund gets more money for him.

Linius

That doesn't matter. The ref has to make the decision that it's reckless or dangerous play. He can still be penalized even if he gets the ball.

Yeah, that was what I was getting on. And in my book coming in with your knee at the height of someones height is reckless play. But what ever, it doesn't matter anyways :p

GorillaJu

I'm going to shave, fly over to Japan and apply to be a student at the school you teach and be in the classes you teach. I'll wear a Newcastle shirt and scare the fuck out of them.

Haha well most of them definitely aren't familiar with Newcastle. though I did have one kid who was a Sunderland supporter (his family lived there for a few years) who came into school and told me it was the best day of his life the first school day after Sunderland beat you last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom