• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

rodvik Aston Villa is a thing of the past. Watch us beat you in 9th August with a half-dead team that has no motivation whatsoever for the coming season. Better save your tears till then.

Bwhahaha! Should be fun. I love preseason. We can't get relegated in pre season.

fuenf

fuck now that the excitement has gone back down to humans levels, I'm getting homesick. I wanna be in Germany now. Fuck :(

Pennywise

fuck now that the excitement has gone back down to humans levels, I'm getting homesick. I wanna be in Germany now. Fuck :(

There are still muppets out there who're going crazy :)

Autokorso generation :p

Good thing, my semester break already started.
Don't envy those who gotta work tomorrow.

Pictures from my city.
UYCOaxQ.jpg

VnJRtOK.jpg

wedward

He's such a tool. Hopefully he's better this season and recaptures that 10-11 form. Ramsey did it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Let him play in cup games and a few league games. Unless he dramatically improves I really can't see him starting ahead of anyone in our best 11. Especially with Ramsey and possibly Khedira in mid.

You must have noticed it, especially if you live outside Liverpool. It’s impossible not to. Every football supporter you know who doesn’t have his own dog in the race wants the Reds to win the Title. This isn’t just a slight preference either. It can come with a zeal which is strange in a world where allegiance to the crest demands you speak cautiously or grudgingly before offering a compliment to someone else’s colours. But that’s what is happening. The neutrals want Liverpool to win. Not the referees – as the demented Mourinho is now saying – but the fans.

A lot of you will already be saying ‘who cares?’ Football is so tribal that, in truth, it’s often gratifying to be feared, envied and even hated. I certainly look forward to the day when people are pig-sick of us lifting yet another trophy in yet another one-horse title race or predictably one-sided cup final. But in the meantime I like the acclaim. We deserve it too.

For, let’s be honest, there’s another side to being a footy supporter (we’re complex, subtle and multi-dimensional figures, us fans!) that warms to third-party appreciation. I’ll never forget in 1994 overhearing a group of Geordies on a train leaving Lime Street soon after they’d seen the standing Kop for the last time. They were marvelling to each other about that final ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ when, in response to the away supporters’ chant, we’d hoisted the flags and scarves a few minutes before the end and given them a last, cherished, memory of the anthem. These Geordies had loved it – and I’d loved hearing them. I recall, too, a good friend, a Man United fan since boyhood, telling me after we’d watched Johnny Barnes tearing his team apart at Old Trafford in 1990, that our man was better than Best. The same feeling – tribute was being paid and it was nice to receive it.

We like that don’t we? The sincere, freely-given compliment, the tone of affection, respect or awe when your club is mentioned. Imagine if you were a Chelsea fan. You’d never hear it. That’s why I like it right now, in this month of April, when yet another mate takes the claret and blue or lilywhite scales from his eyes, forgets the spite and drops the sarcasm for a moment, and says “Christ, I really hope Liverpool do it.” The neutrals are now on our side folks and there’s nothing we can do about it....

Show me a mate you know who likes football and doesn’t want to see Gerrard get his medal? I’ll show you someone who doesn’t love life enough!

85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.jpg

K1LLER7

Wowowow I was not aware of this.

Nike dropping old accounts like crazy.
Woodward is ruthless.

Vidal? Killer pls

Felipe Luis, Tiago and Pogba going to be announced for the blues this week
Pogba loves Juventus. They even signed Evra to keep him happy.

Next season everybody will witness Cleverley and Clasie playing 2 sided triangles around Matic and Fabregas. LVG will lead TC23 to a Baloon D'or.

Hieberrr

Now that Germany has won <3

It's just a waiting game now until Bayern and Liverpool start playing again. Hoping Toronto FC can get their shit together and start playing better.

jtb

Banned
Wilshere is a cunt and is pissing away his chance to be a great player but we all knew that already. Hope Wenger fines the shit out of him and strips him of the 10 shirt (really, just because). Doubt we'll be hearing any more that comical "future captain" stuff anytime soon. Other than from his cunt equal, Piers, of course.

King_Moc

Banned
Wilshere is a cunt and is pissing away his chance to be a great player but we all knew that already. Hope Wenger fines the shit out of him and strips him of the 10 shirt (really, just because). Doubt we'll be hearing any more that comical "future captain" stuff anytime soon. Other than from his cunt equal, Piers, of course.

If his lifestyle doesn't ruin him, his injuries most certainly will. Think he's gonna be a "what if" player.

wedward

Messi smokes.

fuenf

Still living there ?

I'm there regularly, allthough just for the university, don't like the city itself that much.

Yeah I still live there.

How the fuck did Messi win player of the tournament?

FIFA pls, it's ridiculous, he's done jackshit since Argentina reached the round of 16

Because of his name.
If it's any consolation I screamed "fuck Messi", in a Barcelona beach bar full of Messi / Barcelona / Argentina fans... felt great, but I doubt anybody noticed.

<3 Milch, dat Dortmund / Bayern fusion!

Okay, I made the wrong bet.

Thought you found a lady or were already dreaming about Ginter.

Ladies in here were disappointing as fuck. Finally showed they care more about the "event" than the actual football. Most of them were gone right after the game and I didn't really give a shit about the other 2 girls.
tumblr_n8oaxrUGCL1tqfkibo1_250.gif

Pennywise

Yeah I still live there.

Because of his name.
If it's any consolation I screamed "fuck Messi", in a Barcelona beach bar full of Messi / Barcelona / Argentina fans... felt great, but I doubt anybody noticed.

<3 Milch, dat Dortmund / Bayern fusion!

Lol.
You're the 3rd person on GAF who is from Bielefeld or somewhere nearby.
OnkelC is from here, but living in Cologne right now.
FlixFantatier is from Gütersloh and is living in Munich now.

Well, at least I don't have to drive till cologne to throw some black and yellow paint at Bla.

Ladies in here were disappointing as fuck. Finally showed they care more about the "event" than the actual football. Most of them were gone right after the game and I didn't really give a shit about the other 2 girls.

Typical.

Milch, where are you from ?

nitewulf

From NYC, I'd like to go to London and watch the Arsenal vs Man City game on Sep 13...what's the easiest way for me to buy tickets?

GQman2121

Banned
Freddy Adu failed his trial with AZ this weekend. He's still only 25, but surely he's not the player the US thought he was going to be a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom