• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

I must admit that I was wrong with Löw. He did an tactically incredible job. He redeemed himself. I wont ever doubt him again. And I'm glad for this team and with 7 Bayern players winning the cup, it feels even more satisfying.

GorillaJu

Dude there is no way in seven hells we sign Reus. Even if we convinced Dortmund to sell, he'd have options all over Europe from clubs who pay more and will go further in CL.

Blablurn

I must admit that I was wrong with Löw. He did an tactically incredible job. He redeemed himself. I wont ever doubt him again. And I'm glad for this team and with 7 Bayern players winning the cup, it feels even more satisfying.

The road to the World Cup started 14 months ago when we won the Champions League. The Bayern players seem so much more confident since then.

Jack cw

The road to the World Cup started 14 months ago when we won the Champions League. The Bayern players seem so much more confident since then.

Yeah, Hummels wasnt so good as he used to be yesterday but Boateng helped him out. It was the first time I witnessed Özil helping and fighting in defence and biggest Kudos to Schürrle. That run in the 116th minute and the cross to Götze. Pure determination. But yes, Bayerns CL gave those guys the confidence. They knew who to win trophies.

Edit:
And still smh over Rizzoli. Lost track of the game completely and was willingly accepting injuries. Shit, shit referee performance.

WJD

Time to christen the post-WC2014 era with a United formation. This one, a prediction of LVG's first team on tour:

------------- Rooney ------------
Young --------------------- Mata
----- Cleverley - Herrera ------
------------- Carrick -------------
Shaw - Evans - Jones - Rafael
------------- De Gea -------------

pls be excited

fuenf

He did a nice job, especially telling Götze "show them that you are better than Messi." He knows how the players tick, but I don't know whether it's a good thing or not that something like is needed to motivate Götze. ;) But seriously, what goal... legendary best way to win the cup. Absolute world class.

Razgreez

I know i'm likely reading like a broken record but... play the right players in the right positions and you will achieve the optimum result. Khedira surprised me though, getting into really good positions and holding the ball well after starting the tournament decidedly averagely

Lightning

Banned
How about the confidence Özil was playing with? He played his heart out in that final. And Schürrle. All Bayern? Only Bayern installed winning mentality? Jupp won you the world cup? Come off it.

Bayern players done well but you won because Neuer was a Berlin wall and the entire squad played their asses off. Bayern should be happy for their players but simply only crediting them for confidence is a bit much.

Lightning

Banned
He did a nice job, especially telling Götze "show them that you are better than Messi." He knows how the players tick, but I don't know whether it's a good thing or not that something like is needed to motivate Götze. ;) But seriously, what goal... legendary best way to win the cup. Absolute world class.
Götze impressed me immensely. Mature and extremely good. Fuck I wish he played for Arsenal.

Double post? Whoops. Sorry.

Blablurn

How about the confidence Özil was playing with? He played his heart out in that final. And Schürrle. All Bayern? Only Bayern installed winning mentality? Jupp won you the world cup? Come off it.

Bayern players done well but you won because Neuer was a Berlin wall and the entire squad played their asses off. Bayern should be happy for their players but simply only crediting them for confidence is a bit much.

The others were great too but I like to talk about our players. And especially Schweinsteiger looked like a different person compared to the Euro 2012. The reasons are obvious and the players mentioned that even in interviews.

Mastadon

Banned
Dude there is no way in seven hells we sign Reus. Even if we convinced Dortmund to sell, he'd have options all over Europe from clubs who pay more and will go further in CL.

Nope you're wrong, Rodgers has played a blinder here. Pretended that we wanted Sanchez knowing Arsenal would be in for him as well leaving us open to sign Reus.

Genius.

Jack cw

Yes, the finish was incredible. I even ordered the Germany kit with Götze after the game :/

Probity

The others were great too but I like to talk about our players. And especially Schweinsteiger looked like a different person compared to the Euro 2012. The reasons are obvious and the players mentioned that even in interviews.

Schweinsteiger will never get the credit he deserves for the work he put into this game, even if he got all the credit. He fought the entire time, his entire heart out on that pitch. He'd be hit down, but not have any of it. I have no clue how he kept getting back up, every challenge on him got worse as time went on. Then the scratch, and he just kept fighting. What a hero, I hope he is remembered as the legend he is.

El Topo

Yes, the finish was incredible. I even ordered the Germany kit with Götze after the game :/

I'm a bit sad I didn't order mine a few weeks ago as I had originally planned. I could've shown up in his kit today.

Schweinsteiger will never get the credit he deserves for the work he put into this game, even if he got all the credit. He fought the entire time, his entire heart out on that pitch. He'd be hit down, but not have any of it. I have no clue how he kept getting back up, every challenge on him got worse as time went on. Then the scratch, and he just kept fighting. What a hero, I hope he is remembered as the legend he is.

Before this match I read some commentary that said that Schweinsteiger would have to put up the performance of his life for Germany to win this final. He did.

Feorax

Don't get me wrong, Reus to Liverpool seems an incredible long shot, but who are these other clubs you speak of?

He's not going to Barca, not after theyve just bought Suarez and are about to enter a transfer ban. Madrid want James Rodriguez, and already have Bale and Ronaldo. PSG want Griezmann, and are already pushing it with FFP (and that was before spunking £50m on sideshow bob). Bayern is a possibility, but didn't someone recently say he doesn't want to go there? I doubt Dortmund would want that either. Atletico also, but they probably won't offer big wages, and are losing several key players.

If we're going off what Kike Marin says, then Arsenal have already ruled themselves out after buying Sanchez, so only really Chelsea, City and Juve would probably be considered a step up for Reus, and none of them have reported interested. This can only mean one thing.

He's staying at Dortmund.

Gambit

You know what's amazing as well ?
A big part of the team will enjoy their holidays together.

Hummels build up 3 houses in croatia over the last years, and 15 players of the national team will go there.
http://www.reviersport.de/280231---dfb-deutsche-wm-helden-reisen-kroatien.html

How awesome is that?! Wish I knew which ones.

Yes, Löw did well. But I do still think the mentality came from the clubs. Bayern's CL win, the Arsenal guys winning the FA Cup, Schürrle playing under Mou, etc.

Apparently Kroos confirmed that he is going to Real.

Bye Bitch <3

Shame. Though yesterday wasn't his best game. But today, after that win, I just can't care. Guess it's Goatze time

Salazar

Year of Cleverley.

7HsNzls.jpg

Feorax pretending United don't exist. This is whistling-up-own-anus even Salvadora would stop short of.

GorillaJu

Don't get me wrong, Reus to Liverpool seems an incredible long shot, but who are these other clubs you speak of?

He's not going to Barca, not after theyve just bought Suarez and are about to enter a transfer ban. Madrid want James Rodriguez, and already have Bale and Ronaldo. PSG want Griezmann, and are already pushing it with FFP (and that was before spunking £50m on sideshow bob). Bayern is a possibility, but didn't someone recently say he doesn't want to go there? I doubt Dortmund would want that either. Atletico also, but they probably won't offer big wages, and are losing several key players.

If we're going off what Kike Marin says, then Arsenal have already ruled themselves out after buying Sanchez, so only really Chelsea, City and Juve would probably be considered a step up for Reus, and none of them have reported interested. This can only mean one thing.

He's staying at Dortmund.

City are begging for quality wide players. He'll stay at Dortmund for another year then Barça will buy him. Or United after they're back in the race and whatever they plan in achieving. Or Real or PSG will do their "didn't work out in 6 months time to target a whole new team"

Also taking a look at Kike Marin's account he doesn't exactly look the type to have any real inside info.

FootballFan

Pep has done it again.

2010 now 2014. A country made out of his players using his system winning the wc.

Incredible.

fuenf

it was the perfect blend. Bayern's experience, Dortmund's playfulness, Özil's creativity, Khedira's iron will, Klose's mentality. This squad needed the Bayern players and everything the Bayern players went through in the last couple of years, but the Bayern players desperately needed some outside influences too. It's really a win for all the players. It's safe to say that Bayern made Neuer / Schweini / Lahm to what they are, but that's something the players earned for themselves. Neuer for example was sent to hell and back by the Bayern fans, and in the end it helped him rise to another level. But it's more or less in spite of everything that happened at Bayern. Every player of this Germany team is a legend!

Götze impressed me immensely. Mature and extremely good. Fuck I wish he played for Arsenal.

Double post? Whoops. Sorry.

double post makes it easier to quote yeah. Götze is awesome, the only problem is that he knows it too. He makes things that appear impossible look easy, but given his ability he more often than not doesnt appear to be that happy / motivated to prove himself.

Yesterday was the first time since he joined Bayern that I saw him celebrate a goal like that and most of all appear genuinely happy. Crazy. I truely believe that he wants to show the World that he can be better than Messi and I do hope that this goal will help him achieve just that. But part of me fears, that it could backfire... :/ Anyways, love him for that goal, that moment and I do just wish him the best in the future.

fuenf

Pep has done it again.

2010 now 2014. A country made out of his players using his system winning the wc.

Incredible.

no, fuck Pep. That's bullshit. He nearly destroyed Götze. Götze should've played instead of Ribery since the winter break. That was one of the biggest fuck ups by a coach ever. Really if he continues with that shit and such decisions I don't want him at Bayern anymore. Yeah he's Pep blalbla.... so what. I want to ROOT for these German Bayern players!

Gambit

no, fuck Pep. That's bullshit. He nearly destroyed Götze. Götze should've played instead of Ribery since the winter break. That was one of the biggest fuck ups by a coach ever. Really if he continues with that shit and such decisions I don't want him at Bayern anymore. Yeah he's Pep blalbla.... so what. I want to ROOT for these German Bayern players!

as you know, I am on board the Pep-train, as we don't really have much choice atm. But I could not agree more!

Pep has VERY LITTLE to do with this win.

Probity

Before this match I read some commentary that said that Schweinsteiger would have to put up the performance of his life for Germany to win this final. He did.

This was without a doubt the performance of his life. He was up against both Messi and Mascherano, two of the best ranked players coming into this game, basically alone. Kroos was busy trying to help the offense, but had to pull back and play a bad game with less support. Khedira not being around and having to put a forward in for Kramer put the entire midfield effort on Schweinsteiger, against some of the best players he could go against. He was battered, bruised, bloodied, and dirtied, and you could see how exhausted he was at the end but he deserved to win this more than any Argentinian player did tonight.

Also, it wasn't only him I was impressed with today. It was the effort of a lifetime for our guys. Klose, a 36-year-old striker, somehow forced his body to play for 88 minutes. He managed to occupy the defenders and help out as best he could as an old man for almost a full game.

Özil played fantastic today, I don't care what GAF thinks, or anyone. He was terrorizing the defenders with his dribbling and passes, holding possession extremely well in the attacking third, but he also managed to do something people always get on his case about. He pulled back fast and ran his heart out helping out Schweinsteiger on the defensive mid side, and he was doing a damn good job.

Schürrle came in out of nowhere, a forward, to play as a holding mid. He wasn't a great holding midfielder but he was a vital player. He was up and away, passing and moving dangerously the entire game, and that assist was pure effort.

Boateng is normally criticized for being a little slow or making dumb mistakes, or he used to be. I guess making up for Dante's errors this last season helped him out, because he came in and played like a rock out in our defense. Anything Hummels couldn't manage, Jerome was almost always there.

Lahm, and Höwedes, were both great fullbacks in the game. They were either up being extremely helpful to our attacking movement and opportunities, or they were pulling back and helping defend the counter. Normally that is fine, it is their job, but Lahm was basically the controller of our offensive opportunities with his passing. Also, Höwedes was holding his side extremely well for a CB that had to play full. He was a weak link coming in that truly performed.

Then Götze, who played an ok game and was left out the rest of the tournament, put everything he had into his shot and became a national hero. The entire team was amazing out there given all the pressure and the many set-backs we had, I have never been so proud of my nationality or of my football team. This is a good time to be German, with such great role models on the team. I may be biased but I think they really deserve it. 3 times we fell at the final hurdle, given little chance most of the time, 5 if you count the Euro's, and now we finally did it.

Carbonox

Janmaat to Newcastle within the next couple of days.

Excluding possible replacements for further sales all we need now is just 2 strikers and another defender (most likely RB cos Ryan Taylor won't be match fit for a while to back up Janmaat, otherwise a CB to replace Yanga Mbiwa if he's sold but I'd prefer to keep him and sell S. Taylor).

Wouldn't mind another winger though. Gutierrez and Obertan will be rotting in the reserves and Ben Arfa's got fat on jam croissants. Our only wide players are Cabella, Sissoko and Gouffran otherwise. Ryan Taylor can play wide too if need be but again he's not match fit.

fuenf

There is much truth in this post.

Did I miss something? I don't see it. This team was the logiical evolution of Löw's tactics, Well to be fair Pep did get Neuer in World Cup form, by playing that same high line that Löw does. But yesterday and pretty much every game in Brazil was a win by the players. That iron will everyone showed made it possible.

Pep's tiki taka did help us control the ball better, but it wasnt the sole reason we won the Cup. It's asinine to give Pep any credit for the things Germany did. I like how Bayern played in the DFB Pokal final and that win might have inspired the German players (+ was rather similar to Deutschland's game with Schweini filling out the Javi role), but Pep was more or less forced to his luck. He had to change his system to win.

as you know, I am on board the Pep-train, as we don't really have much choice atm. But I could not agree more!

Pep has VERY LITTLE to do with this win.

yeah I want Pep to succeed, but he needs to be the DFB-Final Cup Pep and not semi's vs real Pep. I believe he can and will do it, though! btw. kinda "tough luck" for him. First he had to deal with the triple and keep motivation up and now his core players are World Champions... definitely not getting easier for him ;)

Nicktendo86

4m people still watched ITV's coverage last night. I just don't understand.
I don't understand the point of Adrian Chiles. I watched the first half on ITV as I didn't know it was also in the BBC, what a mistake. The difference in studio was amazing, BBC with a massive studio in Brazilian colours, ITV with a bit of decking and Ian Wright.

He ends up playing for Poland in my FM save. Kind of strange. Wonder what he'll decide on in real life. Unsurprisingly has Italian bloodlines as well.

Yeah he did that in my FM save as well. He got some Polish passport due to the Serie A only signing... What is it.... 2 foreigners from outside of Europe a season (?) rule a season, and apparently it was quicker than get his Italian one sorted, with his Grandfather or something like that being from Poland.

He turned down playing for the Polish youth teams though, doubt he will play for them, as he has no real connections to Poland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom