• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
That extra time rally talk from el capitan.

mOZEBJd.jpg

Meier

It's the right thing to do, just before the Dybala hype trains take off properly.

http://i.minus.com/ij3VHhJ8hUual.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibnqDb3MUMeIH2.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
He ends up playing for Poland in my FM save. Kind of strange. Wonder what he'll decide on in real life. Unsurprisingly has Italian bloodlines as well.

GorillaJu

That extra time rally talk from el capitan.

mOZEBJd.jpg

What's wrong here? Not everyone gets amped up, or wants to get amped up by a pep talk. Messi looks pensive, and probably has things he wants to think about before the game starts again. With all the expectations on him to carry the team I wouldn't be surprised at all that he'd want a moment to himself.

Probity

What's wrong here? Not everyone gets amped up, or wants to get amped up by a pep talk. Messi looks pensive, and probably has things he wants to think about before the game starts again. With all the expectations on him to carry the team I wouldn't be surprised at all that he'd want a moment to himself.

He is also the captain of his team as appointed by the Manager, a position that was taken away from Mascherano, who is giving the talk. Messi should be leading his team, giving that pep talk, pushing for that win. It is his duty. Yet as you can see here, well, he could care less. Good job Captain.

wedward

He is also the captain of his team as appointed by the Manager, a position that was taken away from Mascherano, who is giving the talk. Messi should be leading his team, giving that pep talk, pushing for that win. It is his duty. Yet as you can see here, well, he could care less. Good job Captain.

Christ. Stop making a big deal out of something that isn't. The captain doesn't have to give the pep talk. These are grown ass men who are professional athletes. If you need someone to give you a pep talk during the biggest game of your life than you shouldn't be there.

Probity

Christ. Stop making a big deal out of something that isn't. The captain doesn't have to give the pep talk. These are grown ass men who are professional athletes. If you need someone to give you a pep talk during the biggest game of your life than you shouldn't be there.

I think you might've read my post in a far more frustrated or insulting tone than I intended, I am not making a deal of it. I am just saying that if anyone is going to give a pep talk, you think it would be the manager or the leader of your team. I mean, you don't have a private giving the pep talk to an army in war, lol.

Either way though, that isn't a true statement at all, to say that if you need a pep talk during a big game than you shouldn't be there. There are young players on that team, and there are nervous players, and I imagine if any of us were in that situation, we would appreciate extra motivation or something to help build the chemistry for an exhausted team in the biggest match of their careers. Like, you might be some badass mate, but I know a lot of people that simply aren't, and not everyone that makes it as a team to the final of the World Cup is fully prepared for the pressure it will have on them. There is nothing like it that we will ever experience, so yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say you're a bit off on that statement, no offense.

I don't actually care, I was just explaining the picture. I mean, if he isn't going to be a leader for his team, I don't see why he is the captain. He doesn't need to be one to be a great player or contributor. I can criticize that part of his game all I like too. He is lazy except when he has the ball, and he isn't really working for the team the way he should. I consider him a terrible captain and not a good example to follow for his team mates. I mean he has a good professional personality, but he doesn't put in his all most of the game, he walks constantly, and doesn't help motivate the guys. Mascherano should be the captain, but that is all I think about that. Still a good player though, not having that battle.

jtb

Banned
getting to the semis should've been considered meeting expectations, if not exceeding them imo. went out at the quarters with better squads in previous two world cups (though, not on home soil, which should be considered). obviously, it was all downhill from there but... meh. I guess the Arsenal fan in me is desensitized to humiliating routs.

GorillaJu

Fair enough but Arsenal have a big loss or three in them every season. It's more or less expected. No one gets beat 7-1 in World Cup semis, especially not Brazil, and especially not when they're the home nation.

Barzul

From NYC, I'd like to go to London and watch the Arsenal vs Man City game on Sep 13...what's the easiest way for me to buy tickets?
I'd check stubhub. It's either that or try and get face value tickets off season ticket holders on twitter, but I'm unsure if this game falls under that allocation. So ticket resale websites will be your best bet if think unless anyone else wants to chime in. Do you support either team?

Lightning

Banned
Scolari sacked apparently

harsh if he goes, even if it's understandable. this brazil squad is not good.
I don't think it's the loss that done him in, more the manner of the losses. Against both Germany and the Netherlands they looked extremely shit. Against Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Croatia they didn't look comfortable at all.

Very ordinary team but even more ordinary tactics and failings. Scolari impossible to keep his job after the Germany/Netherlands games.

The Daily Fail do love Lpool to Soton rumours/lies

Jay Rodriguez has emerged as yet another Liverpool target from Southampton. They have already signed Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana from the Saints and are keen on unsettled defender Dejan Lovren.

Zabojnik

Zabo, not even your jinx stopped the german train from destroying the plebs. Based Löw.

I'm glad fucking van Gaal didn't win this WC.

A traitor is all you are. A TRAITOR TO YOUR LATIN BLOOD.

Zabo m9 none of you two understand. I emailed Sabella several times and told him to bring José Mauri with him, this player is already GOAT and on his way to become a Parma legend.

Speaking of Parma legends ... Crespo is Parma's new primavera coah, I hear? Congrats!

Zabojnik

How can you explain der vierte stern, zabo? I thought you had this ffs.

And I did, Argentina had all the chances they needed, Germany were average as per usual, but not even the zebra god could overcome the big choking of Argentina's forwards. :/

@Juan_iturbe93: Terminaron las vacaciones, mañana se emprende para un nuevo desafío. Esperemos y sea como siempre lo desee #italia #finitolevacenze

331oyo0.jpg

allegribueno.jpg

Herr K

Banned
And I did, Argentina had all the chances they needed, Germany were average as per usual, but not even the zebra god could overcome the big choking of Argentina's forwards. :/

Higuain should never go back to Argentina. The mobs will kill him if he does, and they'd be right to do so. Biggest choke I've ever seen in my life.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tiago is going to Chelsea? Good for him, always liked him

GHG

Nikolas Postinger
‏@nikpostinger
Spanish publication Sport breaking the news that Khedira to Arsenal is a done deal for a £23m fee. 4-year contract. #AFC becoming Germany.

Hnnggggg.

Wenger on a roll.

Lightning

Banned
---------------Szczesny---------------
Debuchy, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs
-------------Khedira, Ramsey----------
----------------Özil------------------
-------Sanchez, Giroud, Cazorla-------

That would be my ideal line up to start the season. When Theo regains fitness and can play is when the shuffling comes in with Sanchez. Cazorla has one more season in him then ship him back to Spain.

Wenger smashing it.

C'mon Woody we are gonna loose ground here get Vidal done.

Di Maria to PSG is done and Robben won't happen so go get Moura.

Chuck a cheeky bid in for Hummels too.

Yeah, I'll believe that when it comes from Ornstein. £23m for a bench player who has 1 year left and has never managed 30 league games in a season. No-one is paying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom