• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

BsfJSF5CIAEV6QV.jpg

Dont you worry Messi, treble will make it all go away

i did not know Messi was a dad.

Arturo Vidal (according to La Tercera: "I've heard the rumours, but I haven't spoken more about this topic". (1/3)

Arturo Vidal (according to La Tercera): "I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens." (2/3)

Arturo Vidal (according to La Tercera): "I'm very calm, and anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world" (3/3)

"I'm very calm and anybody would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. There's a premface in all of us."

Welcome Rey Arthur!

Second of his name!

(Arthur Albiston innit)

Edit - ffs killer

Instead of reposting that as news it I will just reply:

ibaDVStudEUe5I.gif

Blablurn

I think we shouldn't argue about who deserves the credit. I'm even happy for Löw at this point. He showed good spirit by subbing in the right players during this Cup. Nobody can take this away from him.

I think we should just enjoy the moment.

One year ago we had an All German CL final. Now we have an All German World Cup.

It's awesome to be German right now.

raiot

It really happened. I really wanted Lahm to hold that damn thing. Oh Lahm...best german player of all time!

Schweinsteigers performance yesterday was really stunning. I just could not believe how much of a beating he recieved and still always managed to come back.
But I'm really glad that Lahm got his WC win.
He is just simply the best, most consistent player I ever witnessed.

Probity

I think we shouldn't argue about who deserves the credit. I'm even happy for Löw at this point. He showed good spirit by subbing in the right players during this Cup. Nobody can take this away from him.

I think we should just enjoy the moment.

One year ago we had an All German CL final. Now we have an All German World Cup.

It's awesome to be German right now.

I can't wait for the players to come home, I will be flying back to Germany just to enjoy the entire experience. It will be just a month of pure joy, really.

fuenf

This was without a doubt the performance of his life. He was up against both Messi and Mascherano, two of the best ranked players coming into this game, basically alone. Kroos was busy trying to help the offense, but had to pull back and play a bad game with less support. Khedira not being around and having to put a forward in for Kramer put the entire midfield effort on Schweinsteiger, against some of the best players he could go against. He was battered, bruised, bloodied, and dirtied, and you could see how exhausted he was at the end but he deserved to win this more than any Argentinian player did tonight.

Also, it wasn't only him I was impressed with today. It was the effort of a lifetime for our guys. Klose, a 36-year-old striker, somehow forced his body to play for 88 minutes. He managed to occupy the defenders and help out as best he could as an old man for almost a full game.

Özil played fantastic today, I don't care what GAF thinks, or anyone. He was terrorizing the defenders with his dribbling and passes, holding possession extremely well in the attacking third, but he also managed to do something people always get on his case about. He pulled back fast and ran his heart out helping out Schweinsteiger on the defensive mid side, and he was doing a damn good job.

Schürrle came in out of nowhere, a forward, to play as a holding mid. He wasn't a great holding midfielder but he was a vital player. He was up and away, passing and moving dangerously the entire game, and that assist was pure effort.

Boateng is normally criticized for being a little slow or making dumb mistakes, or he used to be. I guess making up for Dante's errors this last season helped him out, because he came in and played like a rock out in our defense. Anything Hummels couldn't manage, Jerome was almost always there.

Lahm, and Höwedes, were both great fullbacks in the game. They were either up being extremely helpful to our attacking movement and opportunities, or they were pulling back and helping defend the counter. Normally that is fine, it is their job, but Lahm was basically the controller of our offensive opportunities with his passing. Also, Höwedes was holding his side extremely well for a CB that had to play full. He was a weak link coming in that truly performed.

Then Götze, who played an ok game and was left out the rest of the tournament, put everything he had into his shot and became a national hero. The entire team was amazing out there given all the pressure and the many set-backs we had, I have never been so proud of my nationality or of my football team. This is a good time to be German, with such great role models on the team. I may be biased but I think they really deserve it. 3 times we fell at the final hurdle, given little chance most of the time, 5 if you count the Euro's, and now we finally did it.

I couldnt help but think of this when I saw Schweini yesterday:

8QPKWBC.png

What a storybook career for him. For all the Bayern players, really. In retrospect they really needed that Munich game. WOW. They really did write their own story.

I couldnt have described this team any better than you just did. Agree 100%.

FootballFan

no, fuck Pep. That's bullshit. He nearly destroyed Götze. Götze should've played instead of Ribery since the winter break. That was one of the biggest fuck ups by a coach ever. Really if he continues with that shit and such decisions I don't want him at Bayern anymore. Yeah he's Pep blalbla.... so what. I want to ROOT for these German Bayern players!

as you know, I am on board the Pep-train, as we don't really have much choice atm. But I could not agree more!

Pep has VERY LITTLE to do with this win.

smh.

Replacing the irreplaceable is inherently impossible, but Brendan Rodgers sure ain’t going to die wondering. Armed with £75m from the sale of Luis Suárez to Barcelona, Rodgers has filled up the Liverpool team bus with cash, put a cannon on the roof and started firing the Benjamins at any club across Europe with young forwards of repute. Divock Origi and Lazar Markovic are finalising terms close to the Melwood training ground as we speak. Wilfried Bony is on the brink of a £19m move from Swansea City after successfully using the Welsh club as a stepping stone. And Liverpool are reportedly in advanced talks with Chelsea over a £26m deal for Romelu Lukaku. Everton will not be pleased.

Rodgers has also trained his sights on Marco Reus and is hoping a £45m bid will be enough to lift the Borussia Dortmund speedster from his double misery of missing out on Germany’s World Cup-winning campaign through injury and a dream move to Barcelona after the Catalans opted to sign Suárez instead. Arda Turan of Atlético Madrid is also on the radar of the Liverpool manager, who is so caught up in his newfound wealth he will risk further angering Ronald Koeman by returning to Southampton for Jay Rodriguez. Watch out for the handshake snub when Saints head to Anfield on opening weekend.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/14/the-rumour-mill-lukaku-reus-liverpool

lMeLvPd.gif

4TvactK.gif

2AGKDG5.gif

I don't follow Germany as closely as you guys but honestly Loew is much better than he gets credit for.

Very calm, doesn't panic. Made sensible changes and had faith in his team.

confuziz

Banned
To be fair, and you guys know me, I think a lot of managers would grab the title with this material. Wasn't exactly the toughest job.

WJD

The Mail (I know) are saying our Adidas deal is being confirmed at £70m per year for 10 years.

Staggering.

fuenf

I don't follow Germany as closely as you guys but honestly Loew is much better than he gets credit for.

I like what he did in Brazil. But yesterday he looked rather nervous on the sidelines, especially in the beginning (understandably though). Losing Khedira and Kramer, screwed up his game plan and he needed some time to react to that.

In retrospect he did everything obviously but he seemed cautious yesterday, Klose was a walking corpse since the 70th. Boateng and Neuer made his suicidal defense work and he never really figured that left side out. Luckily Höwedes just played the game of his yesterday.But they still won it because of Löw and not in spite of him (what I would've assumed in the past). Incredible job by him, hands down.

Blablurn

I can't wait for the players to come home, I will be flying back to Germany just to enjoy the entire experience. It will be just a month of pure joy, really.

I would love to be in Berlin for the party tomorrow but unfortunately it's too far away from Cologne :(

Probity

If you followed German football as closely as us you would maybe understand. I know a lot of people get on his case, and I will honestly say I do all the time. It isn't because he is terrible it is because of disappointment. He was consistently pretty good at leading the team tactically forward in tournaments, and choosing good teams, but then he'd fuck it up.

It was consistent as hell, starting under Klinsmann with Löw as the assistant. We'd get far and fall at the last hurdle every time. 2012 was awful tactics, 2010 was no motivation, I could explain a bunch but that is why he is criticized. But I will give credit where it is due, he was a great tactician, if a bit luckily this World Cup and led us to the win, even if we haven't been perfect in the past.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let's be honest Germans

forget Low, Pep and Godtze

this all thanks to Italy crashing out early. You're welcome, inferior bros.

article-1341436477820-13ecb249000005dc-598808_636x344.jpg

haha but seriously, welcome to the FOUR STARS exclusive club! ;)) this is the world cup you deserved in 2010.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maradona "I love Leo [Messi] very much, all the way to the sky, but it is unfair to reward him something that he did not deserve."

"The best player of the tournament was James Rodriguez."

YIKES

Evra wouldn't mock the losers Yurt, think about it. What would Evra do? then proceed.
WHAT? You can take him back then!

Racial-tensions-flare-as-Suarez-shuns-Evra-NNVT6AF-x-large.jpg

he's here just to troll the fuck out of Inter and the rest

Juicy Bob

OK. Now that the World Cup is over, I'm going to try to follow the Premier League properly for the first time. Although I can't guarantee that I'll stay onboard with the NFL kicking off about the same time...

My family heritage means that I'm duty bound to support Nottingham Forest
lol
and I adopted Adelaide Utd in the A-League when I lived there, so that means I'm doubley used to crushing disappointment. But the missus is a Swansea fan, so go Swans, I guess...

Godan

I really hope Arsenal get Khedira. Could see some games last season that Arteta was struggling so if we get Khedira that would be great.

Gambit

BTW: Schürrle's girl? wow! Draxler's girl? too young, but will be wow.

Let's be honest Germans

forget Low, Pep and Godtze

this all thanks to Italy crashing out early. You're welcome, inferior bros.

haha but seriously, welcome to the FOUR STARS exclusive club! ;)) this is the world cup you deserved in 2010.

haha, I actually texted an Italian friend of mine last night and said "you made all this possible. Thanks for crashing out early"

Damn. That löw quote about messi is really true. I just saw it in TV

Couldn't believe it either. Very cool, though

bud

i haven't been impresed by khedira during his years at madrid--and that's an understatement.

but if i had to choose between arteta and flamini (who can barely sprint), and khedira, i'd much rather have khedira.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we have to do something about this

24 - Juventus still remain the team with the most players who won the World Cup (24), only one more than Bayern (23). Nobility

BUY ADNAN JANUZAJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom