• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest Germans

forget Low, Pep and Godtze

this all thanks to Italy crashing out early. You're welcome, inferior bros.

article-1341436477820-13ecb249000005dc-598808_636x344.jpg

So true, I still can't believe what a fucking mess we got ourselves into. It all started when we didn't try in our last two qualification games and missed out on the top seeding. While Germany have a better squad of players, I would be fairly confident of our chances against them.

We really need to take a hard long look at ourselves, because Germany try and give 100% in every match while we just try and do the minimum.

I don't know where I am going with this post, i either want to right an essay on why Italy, or what we need to do do improve.

I am gonna stop now.

OK. Now that the World Cup is over, I'm going to try to follow the Premier League properly for the first time. Although I can't guarantee that I'll stay onboard with the NFL kicking off about the same time...

My family heritage means that I'm duty bound to support Nottingham Forest
lol
and I adopted Adelaide Utd in the A-League when I lived there, so that means I'm doubley used to crushing disappointment. But the missus is a Swansea so go Swans, I guess...
Which nfl franchise do you cheer for?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But he did meet Giggs.

He just forgot.

Giggs is a mere object. A plastic flag.

I apologise about that tweet. I was not myself

xoxo

So true, I still can't believe what a fucking mess we got ourselves into. It all started when we didn't try in our last two qualification games and missed out on the top seeding. While Germany have a better squad of players, I would be fairly confident of our chances against them.

We really need to take a hard long look at ourselves, because Germany try and give 100% in every match while we just try and do the minimum.

I don't know where I am going with this post, i either want to right an essay on why Italy, or what we need to do do improve.

I am gonna stop now.

think Costa Rica wanted it more, it's as simple as that :lol nothing wrong with the team or anyone.

Blablurn

I am gonna stop now.

Didnt Argentina literally played like a classic Italian team yesterday? Strong defense and some strong attacks from time to time. They just choked in front of the goal. And the Germans didn't choke at all.

I apologise about that tweet. I was not myself

xoxo

think Costa Rica wanted it more, it's as simple as that :lol nothing wrong with the team or anyone.

Prandelli was wholly to blame. First for failing to get us a top seeding, which would have produced more favourable locations for us..Secondly, in the tournament he believed his own bullshit of trying to win seven games with seven different formations. And then in the second half completely abandoned his philosophy.

We need a coach who is hungry to win and try and destroy every team we come up against. It is just a shame that the only two managers capable of that are locked into contracts.

Timbuktu

Didnt Argentina literally played like a classic Italian team yesterday? Strong defense and some strong attacks from time to time. They just choked in front of the goal. And the Germans didn't choke at all.

Until the actual goal came, the chances missed from both sides were awful, though more so for Argentina.

of years gone by yes. This team was better than 12 and I would have fancied our chances again.
Although had we got Brazil we would have completely flopped against them and been destroyed 4-0

It makes me cry that we have to wait two more years for Euro 2014. people can go on about club football as much as they want, but nothing compares to winning an international title. Germany will have the greatest feeling in the world for the next four year.

Feorax

Not sure if I want Cavani for the price he'll go at.

Can we please buy some fucking defenders?

This all day long, fuck Cavani right off. Besides, we already know Sturridge is being seen as the main man to lead the line this season.

Hopefully the Moreno deal will be sorted. Ayre is in Spain now apparently, although I'm not sure if that's for Aspas, or both.

We'll probably get a CB (Lovren most likely) and a LB, and that will be it for the defence.

Feorax

We really do need a new CB and replacement for John Glenson though.

We won't get a replacement RB this window. We'll try Flanagan and McLaughlin out I reckon, and use Glen as backup. We can probably afford to carry them in the team if it doesn't work, and we can re-assess in January.

Maddox

We won't get a replacement RB this window. We'll try Flanagan and McLaughlin out I reckon, and use Glen as backup. We can probably afford to carry them in the team if it doesn't work, and we can re-assess in January.

Glen is on too much wages for a back-up.

Feorax

Glen is on too much wages for a back-up.

True, but we don't seem to have any takers for him and his contract is up at the end of next season. No point in making him a starter just because of his wages when we have potentially better players for that position.

Sanchez, Khedira, Ospina, Debuchy,

That lays the foundation for a great transfer window. I was not keen on Debuchy at first, but I guess you can never go wrong with a proven PL player, especially if we try and sign that young RB too.

Hopefully all these deals can be wrapped up this week, and we can get to work on adding a new CB and another goalscoring threat.

Feorax

theres a rumor harry redknapp wants him

Harry wants everyone though. It's whether he'd pay for him that's the issue. I suppose a loan wouldn't be horriffic though.

My shout for the defence this year is that Kelly will be given a role as our 4th choice CB. Sakho and another CB, probably Lovren, will be first choice, then Skrtel for RCB, and then Kelly for LCB. Ilori will go out on loan again, and then when he returns the summer after, one of Skrtel, Kelly or Ilori will be sold, depending on who has performed the weakest.

Blablurn

I saw your tweet, elsk. Crazy.

Clark Whitney @Mr_Bundesliga

Bild: Bayern's max offer to Kroos was €7m/yr, just over half Götze's €12m. But the big snub is, Thiago earns €8m. Clear who Pep values more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom