• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Harry wants everyone though. It's whether he'd pay for him that's the issue. I suppose a loan wouldn't be horriffic though.

My shout for the defence this year is that Kelly will be given a role as our 4th choice CB. Sakho and another CB, probably Lovren, will be first choice, then Skrtel for RCB, and then Kelly for LCB. Ilori will go out on loan again, and then when he returns the summer after, one of Skrtel, Kelly or Ilori will be sold, depending on who has performed the weakest.
I can't see the 4th choice being Kelly, he's finished.

Rather have Wisdom 4th choice or even Lloyd Jones.

Jack cw

Bild: Bayern's max offer to Kroos was €7m/yr, just over half Götze's €12m. But the big snub is, Thiago earns €8m. Clear who Pep values more

I wonder who we will get as replacement. But anyway, Kroos will do fine in Madrid and I hope the press and supporters there are more friendly to him.

TeddyBoy

Sky Sources: Edinson Cavani asks agent to investigate potential move to Premier League. #SSN

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/488627185440546817

Cavani and Reus at LFC?

Believe in Sturridge Shogun, he'll be a great striker for us for years to come.

Harry wants everyone though. It's whether he'd pay for him that's the issue. I suppose a loan wouldn't be horriffic though.

My shout for the defence this year is that Kelly will be given a role as our 4th choice CB. Sakho and another CB, probably Lovren, will be first choice, then Skrtel for RCB, and then Kelly for LCB. Ilori will go out on loan again, and then when he returns the summer after, one of Skrtel, Kelly or Ilori will be sold, depending on who has performed the weakest.

This actually makes a fair bit of sense but doesn't Kelly still get inflammation in his legs after games?

I do hope we see Mclaughlin start games this year as well, I'd imagine the capital one cup games are a good candidate.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There's only @onedirection to success! #ForzaJuve

Br40Jl7IMAEmiOP.jpg

I DONT SUPPORT JUVE ANYMORE

FORZA INTER MILAN

FORZA SUNDERLAND
Which are based on the truth.

Let him go.
TAKE HIM NOW. SAVE HIM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Elchele

I saw your tweet, elsk. Crazy.

Clark Whitney @Mr_Bundesliga

Bild: Bayern's max offer to Kroos was €7m/yr, just over half Götze's €12m. But the big snub is, Thiago earns €8m. Clear who Pep values more

I think it was a nice thing for our management to finally put the foot down, as you said, we can't continue to give huge salaries to everyone in the team. Specially in midfield we have a lot of talent so Kroos wasn't that crucial to keep.

I wonder who we will get as replacement. But anyway, Kroos will do fine in Madrid and I hope the press and supporters there are more friendly to him.

The year of Højbjerg

fuenf

"Show the world that you're better than Messi."

Thats what he told Götze before subbing him

you've probably read it already somewhere. apparently when he brought him in, Löw told Götze "show them that you can be better than Messi"

ah that one. Yeah I had read it before but just watched the pk von BILD and it's amazing how serious Löw is. What's even more surprising to me is that I somehow agree. Yesterday Götze was better than Messi, still only 22 years old and if I wasnt seeing im week in, week out at Bayern but only a highlight reel from the last two seasons (which is pretty much everything I see from Messi) I'd believe it in a heartbeat. yeah he has right to make such a statement, we undervalue our players. He's definitely our "Messi", just in a different era in a different team.

Believe in Sturridge Shogun, he'll be a great striker for us for years to come.

This actually makes a fair bit of sense but doesn't Kelly still get inflammation in his legs after games?

I do hope we see Mclaughlin start games this year as well, I'd imagine the capital one cup games are a good candidate.

I do, i dont however believe he will be fit for all our games or believe if we only utilise a single attacking forward that he wont be marked out of games

Gibbo

So uh..is NUFC targeting a CL spot this season? weve been the most agressive PL in the transfer market so far..and it seems the spending is not done yet.

Carbonox

So uh..is NUFC targeting a CL spot this season? weve been the most agressive PL in the transfer market so far..and it seems the spending is not done yet.

9th m8. We're going HAM on next season up from 10th. Success.

We absolutely won't finish in the top 4, our best chance was the season we finished 5th but teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are improving their squads big time this Summer. We could compete more closely with Spurs and Everton but that depends on what strikers we sign. Cabella and de Jong are a step forward though. Europa League isn't impossible but you can never tell with Newcastle. We could finish 16th next season.

K1LLER7

The article doesn't say it just says it's expected to be announced this afternoon.
1 out of 3 of my predictions for this week.

Now for LVG's press conference & the Vidal announcement.

10y.

Pretty long deal, might not look so great in 5/6 years time but sure it'll be solid through the life of the contract.
Nice!

Yeah, very long contract. Expect some of the other big clubs to look for a similar deal after this is confirmed.

D_prOdigy

when you consider how many quality sides there are in the PL, do you think the PL should be given more european football qualification places?

Absolutely. I think everyone agrees that it's a little weird that Spain and Germany get the same number of teams as the greatest league in the world.

Carbonox

Sammer said we're not interested in Cuadrado.

And he also confirmed that Shaqiri is staying.

Out of curiosity what positions do you feel Bayern need to strengthen and who would you sign/is most likely to sign? This is bearing in mind that you now have Rode, Bernat and Lewandowski. Speaking of which, what's Rode like? I heard he's a promising player but I know little else about his style.

fuenf

I love how BILD chose this picture as the one that'll always be remember. I actually feel kind of sorry for Lahm, I like him and he's a legend but Schweini is the real captain of Germany / Bayern.

2.bild.jpg

Scum

Germany's big plans for their National team's football comes to fruition. The Golden Generation delivered. Löw becomes a World Cup winning manager.
Take note FA. Cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom