• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

Our 5 year kit deal with UA is worth £50m. United make 50% more in a single season from Adidas.

FFP, cementing the top!

29 year old Egyptian, Ahmed Fathi, is taking part Arsenal's pre-season training.

Why.
I posted that a few days ago. Apparently he's on trial with us.
Don't care if already posted, still getting a chub.
Juventus pls
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

caramac

I told myself after WC 2010 that I would actually bunker down and follow soccer.

The problem being, of course, is that I'm in the US.

I'm more determined to actually pull this off this time around, as I really enjoyed watching it when I lived in Germany when I was a kid. (Rooted for Bayern then, rooting for them now).

I've decided I want to follow the following (<--ha):

UEFA Champions League
CONCACAF Champions League
MLS

I thought about throwing the Premier League in there as well, and I might, but for now I think those three are enough.

Plus:

UEFA Super Cup
UEFA Euro 2016
FIFA Club World Cup
FIFA Confederations Cup
FIFA World Cup Qualifying for 2018
MLS All-star Game

What's the difference between the Club World Cup and the Confederations Cup?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Club_World_Cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederations_Cup

LegoArmo

Why would Ducker piss all over everything? That's not going to get your site hits! Idiot.

Do City really only get £12m a season from Nike?

Slizz

Messi getting the Golden Ball just screams consolation for not winning the final.

Was he really the best player in the tournament?

rvy

Banned
10-year Adidas kit deals
Chelsea: £300m 
Man United: £750m

Is very good feeling. I cannot say anything else. Chelsea is football club. Man United is football club. What I'm saying is truth. Things are going in a good direction. That's, for me, simple.

Pennywise

So apart from City, Nike doesn't have a top team in the EPL anymore ?

They only got smaller teams in Germany as well, kinda curious about the strategy.

Messi getting the Golden Ball just screams consolation for not winning the final.

It screams "adidas sponsors the golden boot. Adidas sponsors Messi as their little golden boy. This years golden ball is not voted by the press"... Which is exactly what it is.

cilonen

The £750mil Adidas deal is real!?

Wow, I just saw a tweets along the line of "Adidas sign £750million kit deal with Man United and immediately announce Tom Cleverly as player of the year" and thought the whole thing was a joke.

WJD

Again, it's so rare that these big sagas actually come to anything, especially when there is absolutely nothing more than "yeah MU have noted his existence" from reliable sources.

If we sign anyone else it'll be a proper blindsider, which is infinitely more exciting for me.

Danchi

Created more chances for his team than any other player and successfully dribbled past more opponents than anyone in the tournament (in fact, only Maradonna in '86 and Jairzinho in '70 did more). The latter is particularly nice to see in an age so concerned with possession stats.

I don't think he should have won, but the way people talk about him as if he had a bad tournament is bizarre.

jts

...hate me...

They only got smaller teams in Germany as well, kinda curious about the strategy.
And in Portugal they lost Porto. Not on the same scale of course, but they stopped having a title runner there. I think a couple of small teams wear them.

Bros, I just came past the best rumour/Twitter stupidity ever.

This was apparently tweeted by the Nigerian rapper that played at Vidal's wedding (I can barely breathe):

eLDee &#50648;&#46356; Verified account &#8207;@eLDeeTheDon

Hello Arturo Vidal! Welcome to #MUFC

that

K1LLER7

Tom McDermott
"I'm sure @DuckerTheTimes has his information. I can assure you that#mufc are very very interested in Vidal and were talking at wkend."

EmiPrime

Man City is I am guessing an A rank game. there will be very limited supply for red members

With the ticket exchange thing it's really easy to get good tickets for any game, just have to keep checking the ticket website.

The worst thing about category A games is having to pay £60+ a ticket...

Linius

Besides Frenchies it looks like Newcastle is also very fond of Dutchies all of a sudden. They already have Anita, Krul and De Jong. And apparently they're going to sign Janmaat too.

Nike likes to focus on individuals, as opposed to clubs. Besides, £75m/year is not the kind of deal that's going to be very profitable for Adidas (unless kit prices increase much more going forward).

Curious why they didn't fight harder to keep Arsenal - seems like a bargain at £30m/yr (for a team on the rise, signing high profile players)

Meier

He's of course absolutely right. This whole shenanigans that only a player in the final four should be able to win is absurd. It's an individual award for the best player performance. James was the winner of that distinction. Quite easily.

There's alot of misinformation going around so let VivaITK (who predicted adidas day btw) clarify.

The Adidas deal is £75m minimum. This is important. It doesn't include a share of sales. I was under the impression United were still in talks with Uniqlo for a second deal but reading Adidas' statement I'm not sure if that's the case.

Vidal - It's still on. It's the same as it's always been. Pay up or shut up. Also the Dutchies are coming.

Enjoy your day.

Maddox

There's alot of misinformation going around so let VivaITK (who predicted adidas day btw) clarify.

The Adidas deal is £75m minimum. This is important. It doesn't include a share of sales. I was under the impression United were still in talks with Uniqlo for a second deal but reading Adidas' statement I'm not sure if that's the case.

Vidal - It's still on. It's the same as it's always been. Pay up or shut up. Also the Dutchies are coming.

Enjoy your day.

is it for 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom