• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's alot of misinformation going around so let VivaITK (who predicted adidas day btw) clarify.

The Adidas deal is £75m minimum. This is important. It doesn't include a share of sales. I was under the impression United were still in talks with Uniqlo for a second deal but reading Adidas' statement I'm not sure if that's the case.

Vidal - It's still on. It's the same as it's always been. Pay up or shut up. Also the Dutchies are coming.

Enjoy your day.

Depay and De Vrij. Prove me wrong bb.

scently

Bros, I just came past the best rumour/Twitter stupidity ever.

This was apparently tweeted by the Nigerian rapper that played at Vidal's wedding (I can barely breathe):

that

Well that's beyond bizzare. 1. Because for some reason a Nigerian artist perfomed at Vidal's wedding, 2. That, as a Nigerian, I have never heard of said artist.

Barzul

Bsfnm_YIEAADCHS.jpg
Arsebros

Kind of funny seeing a professional striker absoutely shit himself at the sight of Neuer coming at him, and try to lob him with a covering defender when he had an entire half of the goal to aim at

Not sure why things ae so calm on the outgoing Liverpool players front. I'm sure we're trying to find buyers for Aspas, Reina, Lucas (maybe), Enrique, Coates, Toure, Kelly, Johnson and Alberto, and we'd be willing to listen to offers for Borini and Suso I think.

I think Alberto is decent, but Rodgers obviously doesn't like him.

Tc91

Chris Woods ‏@Woods_CJ 1m
Staggering figures for #mufc kit. They'll earn £143m a year from Adidas, Chevrolet & Aon. #mcfc get £12m a year with nike, #RealMadrid £31m

Staggering figures for #mufc kit. They'll earn £143m a year from Adidas, Chevrolet & Aon. #mcfc get £12m a year with nike, #RealMadrid £31m

I imagine Madrid are just counting down the days for their present contract to run out, so they can get a bumper one more in line with this Adidas one.

There's alot of misinformation going around so let VivaITK (who predicted adidas day btw) clarify.

The Adidas deal is £75m minimum. This is important. It doesn't include a share of sales. I was under the impression United were still in talks with Uniqlo for a second deal but reading Adidas' statement I'm not sure if that's the case.

Vidal - It's still on. It's the same as it's always been. Pay up or shut up. Also the Dutchies are coming.

Enjoy your day.

#ThankYouViva

Jarnet87

tumblr_n4bo1w1MGl1ttgmebo1_400.gif

Woody the master of the sponsor deal, and improving padawan in the transfer game.

Mastadon

Banned
Kind of funny seeing a professional striker absoutely shit himself at the sight of Neuer coming at him, and try to lob him with a covering defender when he had an entire half of the goal to aim at

Not sure why things ae so calm on the outgoing Liverpool players front. I'm sure we're trying to find buyers for Aspas, Reina, Lucas (maybe), Enrique, Coates, Toure, Kelly, Johnson and Alberto, and we'd be willing to listen to offers for Borini and Suso I think.

We're waiting for Harry Redknapp to get back from whichever tax haven he's been holidaying in this year.

Nicktendo86

Bla are you still going on about the WC? That was yesterday man, move on.

if England ever won I would cry tears of joy for weeks :(

sohois

Alberto has already gone on loan to Malaga.

And why do you expect such rapid activity when the transfer window has only been open for 2 weeks? I wouldn't have expected things to really kick off until the WC is over. Liverpool have already done a lot of business but they are an exception.

monday muppetry:

- Leicester (what) offer 7 million € for Sporting and Algeria national team striker Slimani.
- part of the deal for James to Real seems to involve sending Pepe to Monaco.
- Napoli looking to buy Swansea's Michu for 10 million. correction: loan with option to buy at the end of the season.
- Boulahrouz signed for Feyenoord. had no idea he was still playing.

Blablurn

Bla are you still going on about the WC? That was yesterday man, move on.

if England ever won I would cry tears of joy for weeks :(

Germany did a huge cut after the Euro 2000. They changed the whole youth system. England should do the same. Instead you have everyone be like "OMG, we need to buy Vidal, Reus or Falcao."

Try to develop some youth players.

Van Gaal helped Germany by bringing up Müller and Badstuber. He didn't buy many players in his first season at Bayern. Maybe he will do the same with Manchester.

And all the ManU fans are starting to cry: But I want Vidal wae we wae

Suen

monday muppetry:

- Leicester (what) offer 7 million € for Sporting and Algeria national team striker Slimani.
- part of the deal for James to Real seems to involve sending Pepe to Monaco.
- Napoli looking to buy Swansea's Michu for 10 million. correction: loan with option to buy at the end of the season.
- Boulahrouz signed for Feyenoord. had no idea he was still palying.
85m and Pepe? Monaco can suck Perez' dick in all its glory and he still wouldn't accept a deal like that.

he'll probably pay the price at least because Galactico

Alberto has already gone on loan to Malaga.

And why do you expect such rapid activity when the transfer window has only been open for 2 weeks? I wouldn't have expected things to really kick off until the WC is over. Liverpool have already done a lot of business but they are an exception.

With none of those players aside from Reina having any involvement in the WC, I thought we'd have had moves lined up already for most of them so we know exactly how much we have to spend, and which positions need depth

None of them are transfers I expect to drag on once the wheels are in motion, aside from Reina

Nicktendo86

Germany did a huge cut after the Euro 2000. They changed the whole youth system. England should do the same. Instead you have everyone be like "OMG, we need to buy Vidal, Reus or Falcao."

Try to develop some youth players.

Van Gaal helped Germany by bringing up Müller and Badstuber. He didn't buy many players in his first season at Bayern. Maybe he will do the same with Manchester.

And all the ManU fans are starting to cry: But I want Vidal wae we wae
Been saying for ages fa need to do the same but like scum and others say they are fucking useless. So frustrating. Have to admire Germany so much though.

sohois

Wait, they're comparing Utd's shirt manufacturing and sponsorship deals with just the shirt manufacturers. Of course it seems ridiculous then. RM probably get a shit ton from extra sponsorship and it'd be pretty close if you included it

Hixx

Liverpool v Southampton

of course that would be the first game. fuck sake.

BT have the first game of the season, Liverpool v Southampton is on the Sunday.

Also it appears they haven't updated games for Saturday Night Football yet so those aren't final, I guess. Only 15 mins till we find out anyway.

My 2 cents regarding the World Cup.

- Argentina went very far playing horrible, even so my heart has a place for la albiceleste ever since I saw Caniggia score against Brasil back in 1990, Victor Hugo Morales made that legendary; however they overachieved with really bad tactics and individualites.
- Aguero & Messi's fitness are a joke, Messi walked during the last 40 minutes of the game, Aguero was done after 30 minutes in the pitch, even so they managed to create some issues when they had posession in the final third.
- Germany is the deserve winner, players like Mueller continue to impress, he is the heart and soul of this team, I see him as the spiritual succesor to Matthaus, a player able to play in any position in midfield, what a complete player.
- The most underrated player in the german team imo is Howedes, he reminds me a lot of Ivanovic, not sure why more teams havent go for him yet; he is a great player.
- Messi winning the Golden Ball is a joke, lets not even debate that.

And last but not least, a dark age for south american football has begun, if this was the worst Brazilian team we have seen, the argentinians imo are a bit worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom