• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna see something tiny?

3Ad1kgn.jpg

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Feorax

Sevilla have confirmed Iago is going there on loan with an option to buy.

Shame he was shit, he had the right attitude. Like Aly, will miss him being around.

cilonen

Rio as in Rio Ferdinand has his own show?

Lineker had one, Beckham had one and now Rio has a Brazil special.

I'm waiting for "Hansen on Horse" in which Alan Hansen criticises the poor sighting and defensive weaknesses of Favela drug lord hideouts and then shows them how to improve by successfully fending off a police raid.

You are a weird guy.

It's not weird, really.

We didn't play our best football, also because we were missing Reus. The matches against Algeria and France were terrible to watch and I was mad at the team because they're able to play so much better. It looked like another loss in the semi final about to happen. But the team stepped up and showed they really wanted to win the cup.

And believe me, if you've won something this massive, you don't care about how it happened anymore.
Not that you'd know considering you're an Arsenal fan :D

LTWheels

Been at work all day.

Got promoted.

Then found out the Reus stuff from last night has been coroborated by Bild.

Gerrin

Congrats!

You know, I have no idea of how excited I should be regarding Markovic. Watched a couple of youtube wank videos but still not sure what to expect come the start of the season or how he will work in our league. One good thing I noticed about him is that he seems to be quite good at picking out a player in the box with a drilled pass from out wide. This is something I've noticed that Sterling is quite shit at. He often crosses without looking first.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
CONGRATS ARNOLD OMG

DRINKS ON U TONIGHT

But don't buy them for your (now) subordinates, that's just taunting

L1NETT

Hahaha Killer > Craig Sainsbury

However, the top viewed links on your site

Exclusive: Hulk subject to £26.3M bid by Arsenal -
Man United ready to beat Barca to German winger (Reus)
Fabregas makes last ditch attempt to re-join Arsenal
Man United to hold talks with Colombian striker
Manchester United bid £55m for Edinson Cavani

pls

KidA said he was though :(

Okay Pogba's cool. Please don't go to Chelsea.

If I did, I meant he had an instagram account.

--------------------------------------

In regards to English youth, there are some aspects the FA have changed in the past few years. For example, at the younger ages they have reduced the number of players on the field. This was done to help improve technique. Kids will now get more ball touches than before so they become more comfortable with the ball at their feet. I still believe Spain, Netherlands, etc... are all working with even fewer amount of players per pitches and work on smaller pitches than England despite this change though.

Secondly, they also changed the length of a season. It was divided into 3 or 4 seasons. This was done in hopes of weeding out players who get by on their physical superiority. By dividing the season into 4 seasons, there is less emphasis on winning and more about developing the kids.

The B team system isn't needed. England need to start getting better coaches. I can't remember the number, but Spain and Germany have far more coaches with licenses. England has so few it's embarrassing. They need to lower the cost to acquire the license.

Obviously it's going to take a couple of years before the changes take any effect, and better coaches are still the final piece of the puzzle needed. Nothing will change until that is fixed.

Mastadon

Banned
You can fast with me, Viva and Mastadon tomorrow.

Yeah I'm loving this fasting business. Didn't do it today but didn't pretty much all last week. My appetite has gone right down.

Arnie you work it advertising right? Did you get promoted for your sterling work on the new BT ads?

K1LLER7

Hahaha Killer > Craig Sainsbury

However, the top viewed links on your site

Exclusive: Hulk subject to £26.3M bid by Arsenal -
Man United ready to beat Barca to German winger (Reus)
Fabregas makes last ditch attempt to re-join Arsenal
Man United to hold talks with Colombian striker
Manchester United bid £55m for Edinson Cavani

pls
:lol

Not my website. Just wrote a piece for them today.

Scum

KidA, I remember reading somewhere that it was something like Spain and Germany with ~30,000 coaches, Italy with around ~20,000. England with less than 5000.

Arnie

Thanks everyone, but are you congratulating me on the job or Reus?

One means more to me than the other.

Mastodon I work in PR.

L1NETT

KidA, I remember reading somewhere that it was something like Spain and Germany with ~30,000 coaches, Italy with around ~20,000. England with less than 5000.

Pretty sure the cost of getting badges is far lower on the continent

But United B's playing Gateshead will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom