• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I8J1l9K.jpg

Barzul

Lots of rumours that we're close to signing Ospina as our back up goal keeper. That's an improvement if it happens.

Hope we can finalize that and Debuchy this week. Then it'll just be a DM and CB left to add. Need to make progress on the DM front. I'd like our squad fully assembled before the season starts.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We don't play in the PL, only Vidal does.

In your dreams you do

#bestleague

To clarify, you can choose which league you go into at the start of the season, i chose the league with the most coins (which puts you v random 4 1/2-5 star teams) and i played Juventus in that, then the next season i chose the PL.

Fucking chceating ai.

TBH other than his pace I haven't seen much that I like from him. Our wingers need to score more goals and because of that I vastly prefer Schirley over him.

He's fucking deadly with the pace on the counters though. Like an actual useful Salah. Don't think you should underestimate his defensive contribution either though, he works hard and wins a lot of balls, would certainly keep him over most of the other wingers.

TBH other than his pace I haven't seen much that I like from him. Our wingers need to score more goals and because of that I vastly prefer Schirley over him.

Fair enough, signing someone else in that position (what is the natural position of Griezmann, number 10? winger?) does seem strange when Schurrle looked great at the world cup and also in spells for us last season, if he was more consistent he'd have had a long run in the team

Arnie

That 'tin foil' conspiracy is ratified if anyone buys Oscar for over £25 million.

Little plasticine cunt.

And the whole 'now we're buying young players so we won't need to sign other players in the future' bollocks was wheeled out with the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Schurle, KDB and Salah.

Ultimately you'll always want more because you're buying these players without an overarching plan. Just collecting youngsters and throwing shit at a wall until it sticks.

Barzul

Wenger will not spend 25m pounds on another winger. He'd rather save that money and try for Reus next summer and/or Cavani. Griezzman was never a target.

He's fucking deadly with the pace on the counters though. Like an actual useful Salah. Don't think you should underestimate his defensive contribution either though, he works hard and wins a lot of balls, would certainly keep him over most of the other wingers.
You're right about the defensive contribution, he is solid on there. I can see Mourinho moulding Schurrle a bit more with that regard. I'd be fine with keeping Willian but he would need to be a substitute for the majority of the season unless he's played in the #10 role.

Fair enough, signing someone else in that position (what is the natural position of Griezmann, number 10? winger?) does seem strange when Schurrle looked great at the world cup and also in spells for us last season, if he was more consistent he'd have had a long run in the team
Griezmann is a winger, yeah. I think he would fit pretty well with Mourinho.

Barzul

That 'tin foil' conspiracy is ratified if anyone buys Oscar for over £25 million.

Little plasticine cunt.

And the whole 'now we're buying young players so we won't need to sign other players in the future' bollocks was wheeled out with the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Schurle, KDB and Salah.

Ultimately you'll always want more because you're buying these players without an overarching plan. Just collecting youngsters and throwing shit at a wall until it sticks.

Monaco would sign him to replace James.

Little plasticine cunt.

The over £25m is ignoring market conditions and what he's achieved for us. He's a little shit at times but it goes down to not needing to take a lower amount, anyone who comes in for him is likely to have big bucks. We don't need to compromise on the prices we get and we don't.

Also, having got a manager in who the club back and is intending to stay around for the foreseeable future will always bring changes to some of the current players and if we can use some others to do a loan out and sale on for big profit then why not, we send them to places where they get matches and most of them perform well. Of the ones your mentioned only one has left. If we're intending to compete on all fronts and play over 60 games this season (which will be the hope I would guess) then all those players will be of use to us especially in such a key attacking position.

For anyone unsure about a deal with Real Sociedad about someone though, we're playing them in a friendly at Stamford Bridge in August, as far as I can remember... we don't play many friendlies at SB

omgkitty

Wenger will not spend 25m pounds on another winger. He'd rather save that money and try for Reus next summer and/or Cavani. Griezzman was never a target.

I honestly think you're wrong there. I think Sanchez was available so his targets changed. If we let Griezmann go to fucking Chelsea, we need to go all in on Reus next summer.

Meier

Report: Bojan is about to sign for Depor. Welp, i guess this one is our star signing this season.

A little surprised Bruno hasn't been loaned out to you guys or Malaga yet. I wonder if Manuel is thinking of keeping him with the team.

I love Oscar. Would have him at City in a heartbeat.

Salvadora

Oscar is worth more than £25m in the current market, easily.

He had a disappointing second season with Chelsea, possibly down to being overplayed, but he's an incredibly talented guy. Only 22 too.

MPW

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 8s
According to @lequipe, Rodríguez to Madrid is moving ever-closer. Pepe may be part of the final deal.

Another one for the Galactico collection.

where the fuck will he even play?

can he play the same position as benz?

i guess madrid will be switching to another formation next season ...

wedward

I honestly think you're wrong there. I think Sanchez was available so his targets changed. If we let Griezmann go to fucking Chelsea, we need to go all in on Reus next summer.

Is there any evidence he was a target? I don't remember any of the trusted sources even once mentioning him.

jtb

Banned
why do people think Wenger is going to go after Reus next summer? or even should go after Reus next summer? great player who has a good five other clubs I'm sure he'd rather play for, let alone other PL clubs like Chelsea, City who could be in for him. if a player like Griezmann is available, we should be in for him. now. not after he's flamed out at some big club.

and if we're not in for him... why? the chance to be turned down by Reus? Reus isn't happening. It will never happen.

rvy

Banned

wedward

why do people think Wenger is going to go after Reus next summer? or even should go after Reus next summer? great player who has a good five other clubs I'm sure he'd rather play for, let alone other PL clubs like Chelsea, City who could be in for him. if a player like Griezmann is available, we should be in for him. now. not after he's flamed out at some big club.

and if we're not in for him... why? the chance to be turned down by Reus? Reus isn't happening. It will never happen.

Rosicky mate.

Blablurn

Pennywisu. You seem like our anime boss here.

I just watched the first two episodes of Tokyo Ghoul. It was good. Did you check it out?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hopefully we will know something about anything on thursday during the press conference, this twitter stuff will drive me mad, nothing is reliable, no-one is ITK and its pages of bollocks.

I am reminded why i hate pre-season :(

omgkitty

Some people have said that Reus was going to be our top target this summer and then because of his injury we changed targets. That could all be bullshit, but Arsenal were also interested last summer as well. I think it's stupid to assume we wouldn't be interested, but I also think you're right about us just going for it and getting Greizmann. I would gladly see us buy Griezmann now and then offload Poldi next summer and get Reus. Yes, I'm being greedy and unrealistic. No I don't care.

rvy

Banned
Kobe is beginning to embarrass me on a yearly-basis. What's with all this Milan and Barca shit. Quit it. You lived you Rieti, you bullshiter. You should support Nazio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom