• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail say the Vidal deal is OFF because... no reasons.

This is jokes.

This was yesterday:

Arturo Vidal closing in on £35million Manchester United move
Louis van Gaal getting close to his top midfield target
Arturo Vidal has told Chilean press he will sort his future after his holidays amid interest from Manchester United
The Juventus midfielder starred for Chile at 2014 World Cup and is valued at £35m
Man United flop Bebe has emerged as a target for Benfica

By SIMON JONES

This is today:

Arturo Vidal to Manchester United is OFF with Louis van Gaal set to miss out on £35million-rated Juventus midfielder
Arturo Vidal was a top target of Louis van Gaal and Manchester United
Vidal told Chilean press he would sort future after his holidays
Juventus midfielder starred for Chile at World Cup and is valued at £35m

By SIMON JONES

He's probs right today, though :(

omgkitty

Podolski should leave next summer.

Incredible finisher, and great option to have, but we could do better.

He's just not consistent enough and seems lost half the time when he's on the pitch. He just doesn't connect well with the other players it seems. It's a shame because he seems like a great guy, but I just don't like him as a footballer. He can fucking rifle it in at times, but I'd like someone who can score and contribute all the time.

jtb

Banned
Some people have said that Reus was going to be our top target this summer and then because of his injury we changed targets. That could all be bullshit, but Arsenal were also interested last summer as well. I think it's stupid to assume we wouldn't be interested, but I also think you're right about us just going for it and getting Greizmann. I would gladly see us buy Griezmann now and then offload Poldi next summer and get Reus. Yes, I'm being greedy and unrealistic. No I don't care.

I'm sure Wenger would like Reus. So would every other top club in Europe. He's not coming to Arsenal and injury or not he certainly wouldn't be moving this summer, not before that mythical release clause kicks in at least.

Fuck Griezmann. Don't want him, would rather spend our money on targets we actually need. Don't want a left winger this window.

Griezmann would be perfect signing for this side. I really want him.

Sanchez
Griezmann-Ozil-Theo
not Khedira-Ramsey

The title beckons.

Blablurn

ahyoung4.gif

Barzul

Lads Sanchez is not a striker. Unless he plays 15+ games in that position in one season, he just isn't one and I don't envision he'll get that many games there. He'll play majority of his games on the right and left. Watch this space.

Salvadora

In regards to Sanchez as a striker, you'd think Barcelona of all teams would have had him there if they could.
He's just not consistent enough and seems lost half the time when he's on the pitch. He just doesn't connect well with the other players it seems. It's a shame because he seems like a great guy, but I just don't like him as a footballer. He can fucking rifle it in at times, but I'd like someone who can score and contribute all the time.
Think it was either Bould or Wenger who said that, of anyone at the club, Podolski is the man you want to have the ball in the box.

It's just everything else that is lacking.

Should have a better season than last because of the injury though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
portuguese media putting Julio Cesar at Benfica

isnt he like 178 years old?

Jack cw

All our home games are sold out already. Goddamn.
Lets see if Allianz Arena gets another couple of thousand seats more. We could sell 190k tickets average on every game. Insane when you think about 5 years ago with players like Borowski, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Karimi and Dos Santos.

Slizz

That's something to do with cap space/wages though isn't it?

Thats the narrative, I tend to believe(and so does Dan Le Betard) he's doing it to flex his muscles even more and really put the pressure on Cleveland to do everything they can NOW to ensure he re-signs.

jtb

Banned
In regards to Sanchez as a striker, you'd think Barcelona of all teams would have had him there if they could.

Think it was either Bould or Wenger who said that, of anyone at the club, Podolski is the man you want to have the ball in the box.

It's just everything else that is lacking.

Should have a better season than last because of the injury though.

player-manager Messi wasn't going to have anyone playing in front of him.

if that was the case, they should have played Podolski up front rather than sticking him on the left wing where he contributes literally nothing to our game (especially when Giroud contributes equally little up front).

Blablurn

Lets see if Allianz Arena gets another couple of thousand seats more. We could sell 190k tickets average on every game. Insane when you think about 5 years ago with players like Borowski, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Karimi and Dos Santos.

Always fun to think about those times NOW.

It was horrible back then :(

Thats the narrative, I tend to believe(and so does Dan Le Betard) he's doing it to flex his muscles even more and really put the pressure on Cleveland to do everything they can NOW to ensure he re-signs.

New TV deal in two years so the salary cap will go up and let him sign an even bigger deal either with the Cavs or not.

Yeah. I can't see him leaving them now, not after he's come back saying what he's said. I'm sure part of it is to pressure them but why not - makes sense for him to do that.

Slizz

Yeah. I can't see him leaving them now, not after he's come back saying what he's said. I'm sure part of it is to pressure them but why not - makes sense for him to do that.

Him and his boys basically want to run the organization. Thats a 'reason' why Lebron left the Heat if you believe Stephen A. Smith.

Lebron used to dictate, what day and time the Cavaliers would fly to their away games and his buddies had basically free reign in all the facilities. The Heat don't play that game.

wedward

He said in his letter that he knows the Cavs aren't ready to win a championship.

He isn't leaving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom