• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
How come Arsene doesn't come fishing with us and buy us middle tier prostitutes after with all the money he saves? Arsenal hates their American fans.

wedward

How come Arsene doesn't come fishing with us and buy us middle tier prostitutes after with all the money he saves? Arsenal hates their American fans.

Why didn't Arsene come to my birthday party?

He owes me that after all the mornings I have spent drinking beer watching his team play. HE OWES ME THAT.

Lightning

Banned
This is embarrassing even by the internet's standards let alone this thread's. You should be ashamed.

First US trip in 25 years for Arsenal. And they're playing 1 game. Terrible.
Theres just been a world cup which royally screwed our pre-season. In the future, who knows maybe the team can play more but it's just over a month until the season starts. Not a lot of time for tours.

r9lxPW6.png

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

GQman2121

Banned
Chelsea are not coming to the US for the first time in a few years....

i9bjVxZJqb2S9.jpg

...and I'm okay with that given that it's a World Cup year and many of the players have been zipping all over the place all year. I just want the season to start and for everyone to be healthy and well rested.

IceCold

Anybody gonna watch the Inter vs Real Madrid game in Berkeley? Tickets are a big pricey...does anyone know which seats won't face the sun during the game (3pm July 26th)?

wedward

Anybody gonna watch the Inter vs Real Madrid game in Berkeley? Tickets are a big pricey...does anyone know which seats won't face the sun during the game (3pm July 26th)?

Thinking about it, but yeah, tickets look a little pricey for what we would be seeing.

Esch

Banned
In fact the EPL is so enjoyable and loved worldwide they simply shouldn't play in England anymore more than once a year. These teams have fans all over the world right? Best teams, biggest sport? Every EPL season should be a worldwide tour with each individual game in a different country.

GHG

This is embarrassing even by the internet's standards let alone this thread's. You should be ashamed.

First US trip in 25 years for Arsenal. And they're playing 1 game. Terrible.

What do you even mean by that? You're the one who should "get a grip" given your ludicrous comments. What makes it even more absurd is that most of Arsenal's commercial revenue for the better part of a decade came from the UAE as well. Emirates Airlines is run by the son of Dubai's former ruler for the record.

I wouldn't want to support a team who had no interest in making their fans happy. Arsenal have made it very clear that they do not care about the US market at all. Yes, coming to play games here illustrates an effort to show that they want to reach out to fans. You just sound like a battered wife more than anything. In denial.

You'd only make a comment like his if you were so broken down from years of being ignored that you now didn't consider it an affront.

Based on your avatar, I'm guessing you're pretty young -- probably a teenager or slightly older. So if by Missouri you mean the entire country for probably your entire life up until this point, then yes, you should be crying.

Dude...this is just sad. You shouldn't be worried about the club's finances -- Arsene has absolutely brainwashed you apparently. You should want to see them in person and they should want to give their fans an opportunity to do so.

What am I reading?

If you care about a team YOU travel to where they are playing. If the team you support is foreign and they happen to come to your home country for a pre-season game then you should count yourself lucky. Arsenal are a London team first and foremost, the real local fanbase who support them week-in week-out are based there. As an overseas fan, they owe you nothing, you are choosing to support them.

If you think any team really cares about their international fanbase then you are kidding yourself. It is all a front for revenue generating purposes.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
In fact the EPL is so enjoyable and loved worldwide they simply shouldn't play in England anymore more than once a year. These teams have fans all over the world right? Best teams, biggest sport? Every EPL season should be a worldwide tour with each individual game in a different country.

are you being serious right now
the epl is england's domestic league, it belongs in england

GHG

are you being serious right now
the epl is england's domestic league, it belongs in england

But its disrespectful to all the international fanbase to not travel the world and play a game in every single country. If the fans in the USA are outraged, imagine how Arsenal fans in Nauru must feel right now?

Its an affront.

If you choose to support a foreign team then you should be prepared to travel if you want to see them.

If not sit down grab a beer and watch the game.

Exciting. Was browsing through Reddit and people see pretty excited to have him.

Oh man this is right down my alley. Feels oddly right to get beatdown from time to time. See all the Denver Superbowls. I think I could handle that just fine.

I'll try not to. I try to be pretty fair with my teams. I'll root for them through thick and thin, but if they suck, well then someone has to take ownership for that.

Thanks for all the help again guys. I've got to head off to bed, but I'll be back.

Hello friend!

GHG

Battered wives club in here I guess, Meier.

But seriously as a Londoner and lifelong Arsenal fan currently overseas in Dubai I'm personally outraged that Arsenal aren't traveling to the UAE over pre-season. How inconsiderate can they be? I don't care that its 45+ degrees Celsius and 80%+ humidity here at the moment they should be coming here to play. They are professional footballers afterall, they should be able to cope with these conditions so that I can see them play. I mean, I'm still paying for my annual membership afterall so they at least owe it to me.

All this when they are sponsored by Emirates which is headquartered here.

Outrage.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i dont even know what i am reading right now.
support your local club, kids

Esch

Banned
I love Meier rants/meltdowns. My favourite has to be the Bale is the best player in the world/Messi only scores tap ins one. Legendary.
Shame. Sucks to get trolled by the perpetual moron machine the couple times I poke my head in here. Y'all still cool though.

Eredivisie is where the action is at.

zvsnoq.gif

Jeez. Imagine how much you'd celebrate that if you scored that in 5-a-side, even Eredivisie semi-pros brush it off like it's nothing

Would doubt both to be honest; Son only just moved to Leverkusen last summer, and Reus will only leave for a City/Barca level club, one who are guaranteed to challenge every single year.

And he'll be a LOT of money

Dortmund will give us a bridesmaid-bros discount, innit.

Anyone remember this from last season?

Costa4.gif

It was brlliant. Hoping for something similar in EPL. I would have liked to see Terry doing it to Costa but that won't happen.

Sakho will definitely do something like that.

I hear people aren't a fan of the style Chelsea plays under Mourinho. Last year I didn't catch many games and thought it was ridiculous when they fired Di Matteo the season before that.

I'm guessing everyone still hates Torres.

I feel sorry for him tbh. He made an almost unforgivable decision in Liverpool fans' eyes, but it's gone horrendously wrong for him in a way that actually makes me sad about the player he's become, and the utterly joyless emotional state he's seemingly plunged into over the last 3 and a half years, even though he's won it all in the interim, aside from the league.

Pisses me off that there were dozens of Liverpool fans at school, yet not once did they come to play at York Road. Ungrateful cunts. It's the OOTs who keep the club afloat, we should at least get a disount when we go to games. Or failing that, a free half-and-half scarf would do.

Probity

Hey it isn't fair to say that you should only support the teams closest to you locally or that your favorite team has to be one in your vicinity. I mean I know plenty of people that support Bayern because of the players, or Dortmund for the management. I know people that support Barca for the playing style, and RM for the history.

I mean I shouldn't have to support like 1860 Munich because I technically live closer to them than Bayern, or some Austin team because I live there. I get the dislike of the people complaining about teams not coming to them but the counter isn't much better.

Juicy Bob

Supporting a club for personal reasons and not geographical ones is dangerous stuff.

It's literally the first step towards a post-territorial society, the end of global conflict and a one-world government.

Hey it isn't fair to say that you should only support the teams closest to you locally or that your favorite team has to be one in your vicinity. I mean I know plenty of people that support Bayern because of the players, or Dortmund for the management. I know people that support Barca for the playing style, and RM for the history.

I mean I shouldn't have to support like 1860 Munich because I technically live closer to them than Bayern, or some Austin team because I live there. I get the dislike of the people complaining about teams not coming to them but the counter isn't much better.

I'd have to support Reading. Fuck Reading. And not in a Wilbur way. In a 'fuck the town of Reading' way.

Does anyone here genuinely wish they supported another club? I think that's the point where you're not a true fan tbh, unless it's Portsmouth or Leeds or someone, a club who have actually gone through administrative times which are proper stressful.

GHG

I'd have to support Reading. Fuck Reading. And not in a Wilbur way. In a 'fuck the town of Reading' way.

Does anyone here genuinely wish they supported another club? I think that's the point where you're not a true fan tbh, unless it's Portsmouth or Leeds or someone, a club who have actually gone through administrative times which are proper stressful.

I wish I supported Liverpool.

9 years of pain and no Champions League trophies did this to me. Its your fault Arsène.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
if you wish you'd support another club then you should anyway, no one likes a fake fan

FuturusX

Never...Liverpool for life and no regrets. I'm from London and this insistence that you support your local is admirable. But love can be am unpredictable thing.

Support who you love. No problem. But only one club...you can flirt with others but you can only truly love one club.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
My local club is Ottawa Fury and they play in a league below MLS. I don't know if I even wanna watch that.
Give them support and hope for their promotion every year, you take the good with the bad in every team.
Unless you already have another club you love with a passion, then it's alright

Suen did. And then another, and then another, etc until he lost track of all the clubs he supported.

My local teams

AFC Telford and Shrewsbury.

Family wanted me to support West Brom or Wolves, my cousin said "Phil support United with me." Ok cool.

That was twenty years ago.

I wish I supported Liverpool.

9 years of pain and no Champions League trophies did this to me. Its your fault Arsène.

The years since 2006 haven't been a picnic for us :p

I know we have it better than probably 87 of the other teams in the football league with the finances to stay in the top 7 even in our worst times, and we have a lot of undeserved media focus which I can imagine annoys a lot of people. But when we coasted in the top 4, we won nothing. The two times we've challenged for the league, it's ended in absolute heartache, especially last season. And those 4 years hovering between 6th and 8th. And those 6 months under Hodgson. Fuck that.

I'd trade everything I own to win the league.

check your privelege etc

Esch

Banned
Attending shitty league 3 shit sports is awesome. Everyone's drunk, all the players are moonlighting as waiters and therefore don't give a fuck about wilding out. It's a comfy, cozy experience. No pressure, no stakes. Just good clean fun.

Anyone else feel like the World Cup thread slowed down a bit when England got knocked out, and a lot when America did? Perhaps inevitable, but a shame nonetheless. Imagine if we both got to the final. 10 OTs, at least.

Probity

Anyone else feel like the World Cup thread slowed down a bit when England got knocked out, and a lot when America did? Perhaps inevitable, but a shame nonetheless. Imagine if we both got to the final. 10 OTs, at least.

Well, I imagine there would have been a lot more if a team like England made it back to the finals and if the US actually somehow got all the way there. Then it would be a million posts for just the one game. That'd be a lot of OTs.

Esch

Banned
Some of those KO stage games weren't that great though. I was out talking up this world cups excitement and goals and soccer with some friends at a bar and of course guess what's on TV? Costa Rica and Greece. Made me look like an asshole. Fuck you, Greece.

Herr K

Banned

I stopped posting there because I felt twitter was more appropriate for my shit posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom