• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Depressing realisation time: USA will get to a World Cup final well before we do.
We're getting there. I just want us to reach a better level of play to where our team doesn't feel horrified that they'll get 50 goals scored on them. The MLS biggest flaw(imo) across the board is defense. Shit is garbage. Dude's give up 3 goal leads and shit here sometimes.

We didnt win the tournament though.

We would have if the linesman had done his job though

Seriously though, I think you'd have probably won that game anyway given your vast superiority over 80 or so minutes of that match, but there's no telling how the momentum would have shifted if we'd come back from 2-0 to 2-2.

I find the media and fans a bit too easy to forgive shite decisions in the wake of poor performances tbh. We did the same when Godin wasn't sent off, that was a dreadful decision by the ref and I think we'd have won the game, and we definitely wouldn't have lost it. But we brush off such huge injustices because we weren't good enough on the balance of play, even though these shite decisions are game-changers.

Lightning

Banned
Footballing wise things have been going outstanding so far. Netherlands had an outstanding world cup, restored a lot of credibility and silenced a few. Arsenal's transfer window seems to be developing nicely and no top players have said they want to leave. Things are going splendidly.

Footballing wise things have been going outstanding so far. Netherlands had an outstanding world cup, restored a lot of credibility and silenced a few. Arsenal's transfer window seems to be developing nicely and no top players have said they want to leave. Things are going splendidly.

Obviously, he only arrived 4 days ago

Oh funny.

Ramsey and Özil or are we going to pretend they aren't top players? By top I mean quality, not Vidal or Messi or Ronaldo before someone quotes trying to be funny.

Ozil is a top player by reputation at the moment tbh, decent showing at the World Cup aside

Top player, playing okay but nowhere near as well as he can and should, and needs to improve a fair amount to retain his place at the top table imo.

Ramsey and Sanchez are top, top players
Koscielny and Mertesacker are top players, as was Sagna last year
Chesney is becoming a top keeper
If Gibbs can stay fit he could become a top player
Giroud is capable of topness
Wilshere was a top player destined to become a top, top top player :(

survivor

Banned
Give them support and hope for their promotion every year, you take the good with the bad in every team.
Unless you already have another club you love with a passion, then it's alright

I should have mentioned this is their first year playing which probably explains why it was only recently that I heard about them. I might go for a game or two at one point, tickets seem pretty cheap.

Blablurn

Nach einer tollen Pass-Stafette lobte Pep weiter: „Bravo, Jungs! Das ist der Unterschied: mit Kopf, mit Auge, einfach spielen und passen. Das ist schneller Fußball!“

After some good passes Pep continued to praise them: Great, guys! Thats the difference. With head and eye. Simply play and pass. Thats fast paced football!

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Probity

Nach einer tollen Pass-Stafette lobte Pep weiter: „Bravo, Jungs! Das ist der Unterschied: mit Kopf, mit Auge, einfach spielen und passen. Das ist schneller Fußball!“

After some good passes Pep continued to praise them: Great, guys! Thats the difference. With head and eye. Simply play and pass. Thats fast paced football!

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

"Schneller Fussball"
I hope you aren't getting my hopes up because these are the words of my dreams, Bla.

Lightning

Banned
Ozil is a top player by reputation at the moment tbh, decent showing at the World Cup aside

Top player, playing okay but nowhere near as well as he can and should, and needs to improve a fair amount to retain his place at the top table imo.

Ramsey and Sanchez are top, top players
Koscielny and Mertesacker are top players, as was Sagna last year
Chesney is becoming a top keeper
If Gibbs can stay fit he could become a top player
Giroud is capable of topness
Wilshere was a top player destined to become a top, top top player :(
Özil is easily our best and most talented player. He had a fine world cup and a fine debut season for Arsenal which was hampered by injuries to too many attacking players. Özil couldn't build a relationship with anyone aside from Ramsey because Giroud not good enough, Cazorla wrong type of player and Walcott and Ox injured too much.

The man oozes class and helps our team immensely just by being on the field. Even when Özil is not directly effecting the play he has an influence by drawing defenders out of position just by being there. When analysing a players performance one really needs to look at the whole picture rather than who scores or provides the last pass.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Heard Wilshere's been caught smoking again.

Honestly he is a worse player than he was a couple of years ago, he's become an enormous pussy. I think he will struggle for minutes next season.

If Khedira comes in then he'll be riding the bench.

Jack cw

I was thinking about the Bundesliga :3
We were able to beat the competition with ALI KARIMI already!
Shh. Mia san Weltmeister, all that matters right now. Don't scare me with Real and Chelsea ruining dreams.
Things have to get better though. Pep seriously needs a clear line with his tactics. Switching players every game and taking off the steam after a competition is won is what killed us in CL. And the most important thing: Play counter, when neccessary. Possession only with no solution how to perform attacks is worthless, something United fans will witness in the next months.
Chelsea will be broken by then. Don't worry. LvG will have a plan for Mourinho, both those clowns can destroy one another.
Dont know. Last time they both met, Mou clearly outcoached van Gahl. And Gahl had a better team back then compared to United this season.

Salazar

Feyenoord will reportedly do anything to keep Clasie, but will serenely flog all their defenders.

Not buying that. Clasie to Spurs.

Gambit

The Germans just arrived, and I love this whole team so much now. I don't even want the Bundeliga to start again. I love them as friends.

No more league games, international tournaments trump all! (except the quality of play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom