• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

tumblr_n8ra9wSxTG1qh8hzqo1_500.jpg

Meier

Well there's The Bridge, Masters of Sex, Halt & Catch Fire and Suits who are all more enjoyable than Tyrant. But I'll stick with it for the rest of the season and see if they improve.

Zero interest in Suits or pretty much any other USA show with Psych finally getting canceled. I miss Monk too. I wasn't a consistent watcher of it, but it was always worth checking out on repeats. I heard Halt and Catch Fire was not particularly good -- certainly doesn't look like it would be. We don't get Showtime so no Masters of Sex for me.

I think Tyrant has been interesting at least. We'll see how it pans out. I am not with the GAF crowd on this one though.

Linius

What is this? Agreed on Tyrant, only seen the first episode and thought it was terrible. I also dropped Suits upon finding out that I don't care about any of the characters or the storylines. I really should've stopped watching after S1.

Suits is for me simple entertainment. I can't watch only shows I have to stay focused with for the whole time. Beautiful women, nice soundtrack and some other enjoyable stuff. Sometimes that can be enough :p

Halt & Catch Fire is a new AMC drama starring Lee Pace. It's about building the first PC basically. The story is fictional but it's losely based on Compaqs history. It's quite nice.

Linius

Believe me Meier, Halt & Catch Fire might not be the new Mad Men (people have crazy high expectations when it comes to AMC these days) but it shits on Tyrant in every aspect.

Linius

Will check.

Btw, I've been really enjoying The Leftovers.

Almost forgot that started too. Have been reading mixed thoughts on it. On that and The Strain btw. Yurt told me yesterday it was fun. Then Funky Papa called it a shit fest. I need to check it out for myself I guess :p

FX is starting two new comedies this week btw. Married and You're The Worst. Mostly interested in Married, starring Judy Greer and Nat Faxon.

Zabojnik

Almost forgot that started too. Have been reading mixed thoughts on it. On that and The Strain btw. Yurt told me yesterday it was fun. Then Funky Papa called it a shit fest. I need to check it out for myself I guess :p

FX is starting two new comedies this week btw. Married and You're The Worst. Mostly interested in Married, starring Judy Greer and Nat Faxon.

The Strain was stupid-ish fun, not expecting it'll grow into anything more than that. Will continue watching.

I've read some of the negative comments on The Leftovers, but eh. I went in expecting nothing, since it's a Damon Lindelof show, which I'm pretty sure is why some people are shitting on it a priori - and I don't blame them, lol. I was quite pleasantly surprised. I'm sure all the mysteries and secrets will amount to nothing, much like in Lost, but I find the characters and the focus on them rather interesting and the writing isn't terrible or anything. It doesn't exactly scream 'quality HBO show here!', but I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

Zabojnik

"According to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, Juventus is ready to offer €16m for Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo (24)."

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind that, actually.

"According to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, Juventus is ready to offer €16m for Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo (24)."

That is a pretty sweet deal if it goes through. Been parroting it a lot but I'd love him on Chelsea.

Give us Asamoah pls

Meier

Nat Faxon was great on Ben and Kate. What a shame that didn't last longer than a season. We might check those shows out but I'm kind of non-plussed to be honest. I've heard that USA show about the two women with the one from Best Week Ever is actually worth watching. Haven't seen it though.

John Oliver and The Leftovers is a good Monday night viewing.. didn't see this week's Leftovers yet due to getting home later. Only had time for John Oliver and 24.

http://i.picpar.com/stV.gif[img]

I can't stop watching[/QUOTE]
Who is this?

Gambit

so the Bayern players are arriving in Munich in twenty minutes and will be greeted again.

The Bayern players you say? not only. They are also accompanied by Miro Klose and one Mats Hummels. Hmm I like

Linius

I mostly know Faxon from his writing and small role on The Way Way Back which he wrote with the dean. He's pretty cool in that film.

And that's Brie Larson in the new music video from Jenny Lewis, One of the Guys.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
thanks for the replies guys

On that and The Strain btw. Yurt told me yesterday it was fun. Then Funky Papa called it a shit fest. I need to check it out for myself I guess :p
I don't know what people want more from TV shows :lol all I want is to watch a show/movie and have a good time. It doesn't have to be as gritty as The Wire, as well written as Mad Men or brilliantly shot like Hannibal. Just give me something new with a fresh twist and keep it interesting. I don't want to spoil the story, but it's very similar to one of GdT's movies. Or actually, it's a mix of two of his movies.

and Walder Fry8 fucking killed it :lol

Ow33dra.gif

LEFT BACK! BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

*google*

South American

PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS
Who is this?

the girl from 21 Jump Street I think

thanks for the replies guys

I don't know what people want more from TV shows :lol all I want is to watch something and have a good time. It doesn't have to be as gritty as The Wire, as well written as Mad Men or brilliantly shot like Hannibal. Just give me something new with a fresh twist and keep it interesting. I don't want to spoil the story, but it's very similar to one of GdT's movies. Or actually, it's a mix of two of his movies.

and Walder Fry8 fucking killed it :lol

Ow33dra.gif

LEFT BACK! BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

*google*

South American

PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS

LFC may not need Enrique in a few weeks time....

Linius

Hmm D.B. Woods in the latest ep of Halt & Catch Fire. He's quite the actor. He's also really refreshing in Suits new season.

Meier

Can't say I've ever heard of SC Cambuur (Eredivisie team) but apparently City youth player Albert Rusnak is on trial there this week. Not sure if that would be for a permanent transfer or a loan.

I remember that Brie Larson was in Scott Pilgrim too. Maybe that's where I recognize her from.

Zabojnik

Juve and Verona are currently meeting for Iturbe. Pls, let's get this over with fast and make the biggest signing of the summer official.

Linius

Can't say I've ever heard of SC Cambuur but apparently City youth player Albert Rusnak is on trial there this week. Not sure if that would be for a permanent transfer or a loan.

Cambuur promoted last season. We had a player on loan there too last season. They really surprised everyone by not relegating right away. Their manager even made a step up to the superior Frysian club Heerenveen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom