• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Runs the Red Issue fan forum. Pretty well connected as far as I'm aware.

I just read he broke the Ferguson retirement story

I like that we are apparently playing a more shrewd transfer game this time out, btu it will mean for nothing if we dont buy more players.

Honestly cant wait till LvG's presser on thursday

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_JU2Q0pIXU

Andy Mitten on Vidal.

I think all them rumours of the deal being off were bullshit, I'm sure it's been talked about in thread already but you can't spend £30m on Shaw and £28m on Herrera and not pay £34m for the best CM (box to box?) midfielder in the world. Just nonsense.
"And not pay 34"

Am I missing something here? Did we stamp a price tag on him? Or are you guys believing your bullshit stories now?

People always seem to forget that Kroos was one of the 5 best attacking mids in the world during our treble season.

Sure he's not as creative as David Silva or Rakitic. But he's incredibly versatile and play any number of ways.

He was physical enough to exchange holding positions with Schweini and Javi during the course of the game, and he was really why Javi was so stupendous against Barca across two legs.

WJD

UWS, not RI. He writes for a few other outlets too.

Probably the most accurate/reliable guy when it comes to Manited news over the last few years.

My bad.

Yeah, this is the first thing I've seen that maybe hints to me that it's a goer. Of course when a story starts getting this big I'm more wary of people just jumping on it for attention. Not a clue if Mitten is like that, but it keeps expectations in check.

Costa is offical!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

Meier

So this is kind of insane. City are not included since the stadium, etc. rights are included in one lump sponsorship payment.

Top Shirt Deals

Code:
Team	        Sponsor	            Avg. Annual Value
Man United	GM (Chevrolet)	        $80 million
Barcelona	Qatar Airways	        $45 million
Bayern Munich	Deutsche Telekom	$40 million
Real Madrid	Emirates	        $39 million
Liverpool	Standard Chartered	$31 million
Sunderland	Invest in Africa	$31 million

Sunderland?!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if LvG is one to comment on ongoing transfers? Moyes said he wouldnt but ended up doing it twice, Fergie was quite close to the chest.

My bad.

Yeah, this is the first thing I've seen that maybe hints to me that it's a goer. Of course when a story starts getting this big I'm more wary of people just jumping on it for attention. Not a clue if Mitten is like that, but it keeps expectations in check.

The actual mags had Shaw and Vidal to United a long while back. As far back as Feb/March. He was probably one of the first on it.

But yeah - as he says in that vid...caution. Another club is going to jump in sooner or later if it begins to seem as though Juve are actually willing to sell at a price people are willing to pay.

sohois

Markovic is great.

Reus hype is Bild bullshit. Tony Barrett has said the club are baffled by the link.

Unless that's a double bluff to stop the rest of the world for pouncing whilst we secretly try to thrash out an agreement.

It's actually probably the latter, since clubs never go out of their way to rubbish transfer rumours. Somehow I don't think it will make much difference to Liverpool's chances of getting him, in the end.

So this is kind of insane. City are not included since the stadium, etc. rights are included in one lump sponsorship payment.

Top Shirt Deals

Code:
Team	        Sponsor	        Avg. Annual Value
Man United	GM (Chevrolet)	        $80 million
Barcelona	Qatar Airways	        $45 million
Bayern Munich	Deutsche Telekom	$40 million
Real Madrid	Emirates	        $39 million
Liverpool	Standard Chartered	$31 million
Sunderland	Invest in Africa	$31 million

Sunderland?!

IIRC it's some crazily incentivised type deal. The guaranteed money is around £10m, maybe less.

Nicktendo86

My bad.

In work, care to give a brief idea of what he said mate?

Meier

IIRC it's some crazily incentivised type deal. The guaranteed money is around £10m, maybe less.

Either way, pretty amazing. Here is the article the chart is from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...wittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social -- United now the top dog value wise due to the new Adidas deal. Surpassed Madrid.

He said United want players who want to play for them which is part of the reason they were excited about Herrera. Says Vidal is definitely still being worked on and he thinks a deal will be made. I got a distinct @GeoffArsenal vibe from it personally. Leaving bread crumbs to keep the peasants happy and interested.

K1LLER7

The actual mags had Shaw and Vidal to United a long while back. As far back as Feb/March. He was probably one of the first on it.

But yeah - as he says in that vid...caution. Another club is going to jump in sooner or later if it begins to seem as though Juve are actually willing to sell at a price people are willing to pay.
Bayern will probably go back in for him.

From what Mitten said, it seems the player will/has agreed, but I can see Juventus trying to get close to €60m+ for a fee.

WJD

He played it fairly safe, saying that a deal is in the process of being made but is a long way off with a bunch of different variables to work out.

Confirmed what is kind of evident already in that the club are being very secretive with their deals and not really briefing anyone, which might be the most positive news to come out of it.

Nicktendo86

Either way, pretty amazing. Here is the article the chart is from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...wittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social -- United now the top dog value wise due to the new Adidas deal. Surpassed Madrid.

He said United want players who want to play for them which is part of the reason they were excited about Herrera. Says Vidal is definitely still being worked on and he thinks a deal will be made. I got a distinct @GeoffArsenal vibe from it personally. Leaving bread crumbs to keep the peasants happy and interested.
Thanks. Ummmm very interesting....

WJD said:
He played it fairly safe, saying that a deal is in the process of being made but is a long way off with a bunch of different variables to work out.

Confirmed what is kind of evident already in that the club are being very secretive with their deals and not really briefing anyone, which might be the most positive news to come out of it.

Also thanks.

K1LLER7

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 6m
Real Madrid and James Rodriguez found an agreement on principles. Now a bid is expected.

They'll win the CL again next season.

Blablurn

Sounds like Twitter bullshit but...

According to Bild: Bayern will use the Kroos money to finalize the transfer of Hummels. Personal Terms have been agreed with the player.

#Tears4MUFC "@ThomasMullerHQ: Bild: Bayern will use Kroos money to finalize transfer of Hummels. Personal Terms been agreed with player."

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 6m
Real Madrid and James Rodriguez found an agreement on principles. Now a bid is expected.

They'll win the CL again next season.

Fucking hell. Kroos and James

858510292-1.gif

Sounds like Twitter bullshit but...

According to Bild: Bayern will use the Kroos money to finalize the transfer of Hummels. Personal Terms have been agreed with the player.

#Tears4MUFC "@ThomasMullerHQ: Bild: Bayern will use Kroos money to finalize transfer of Hummels. Personal Terms been agreed with player."

We agreed in last OT that Hummes would never move to Bayern. We being me and 2-3 other peeps.

Meier

There's no doubt James and Madrid have agreed to terms. He's said multiple times in the press now that it's his dream to play there and he'd love to do it -- he'd sign there in a heartbeat if he got the chance. It's just a matter of whether they'll stump up the 80m it takes to get him.

Chuffed that Costa is official now. Was hoping to see him in the shirt but I guess that will have to wait until he plays in one of our friendlies, unless they release a picture of him in the shirt in a bit/next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom