• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

If we're not even linked it's because Arsene feels we don't need him. There were rumors we tried to get Pogba last summer, but for the most part Arsene knows who he wants.

Has anyone been linked by a reliable source?

Here is a thought. Maybe Juve aren't selling.

I love MGS but I still have a hard time getting over his new voice... Fucking Jack Bauer cunt... and it seems like as a result there will be way less dialogue, I enjoyed those codex calls. :(

I have an ingrained dislike for Keifer Sutherland, and still liked Davvid Hayter's performances :(

@steverulez, want them to take as long on it as they feel is necessary. It seems hugely ambitious, and it'll take time to flesh it out properly

Seriously though, where will Conte end up?

Has to be the hottest property in management outside of Klopp. Young, massively successful, has all the necessary parts to manage a top club.

Enrique won't be in charge of Barca this time next year

They'd probably turn their noses up at Conte's style and European record anyway

Has to be the hottest property in management outside of Klopp. Young, massively successful, has all the necessary parts to manage a top club.

He might just take a year off, hiding from anti doping agencies and FICG, he might even have some Chinese betting syndicates that has to get sorted. Then he will come to Arsenal, as Wenger retires.

Barzul

Have you spoken with him?

lol. Christ jtb. You assume way too much.

I agree. He makes it sound so much more straightfoward than it actually is. Like Madrid couldn't just offer him whatever we bring to the table. They can blow us out the park on every front. The only way we'd get him was if they didn't want him right now. They would definitely be in for in another 3 or so years. Just watch what happens with Hazard. Ronaldo replacement being groomed at Chelsea right there (won't be replacing his goals obviously).

Elchele

meh. I wouldn't take him to be honest.

Schmidt, Weinzierl seem much better at taking advantage of their players qualities; like Klopp does. I would even put Rodgers and Tuchel ahead of him

edit: forgot to mention Rudi Garcia

He even has hair.

YpK2J6P.jpg

That's the face of jealousy

Edit : wow that was big. but yolo

wedward

I agree. He makes it sound so much more straightfoward than it actually is. Like Madrid couldn't just offer him whatever we bring to the table. They can blow us out the park on every front. The only way we'd get him was if they didn't want him right now. They would definitely be in for in another 3 or so years. Just watch what happens with Hazard. Ronaldo replacement being groomed at Chelsea right there (won't be replacing his goals obviously).

Also when your highest paid player is on 130k and a world cup winner and you turn around and offer 150k+ to a 21 year old it kind of fucks your wage structure.

Now obviously jtb will ignore this fact, but it's a pretty big issue.

Ditto. Disappointed with Sutherland replacing Hayter. Fingers crossed that there's a bait and switch going on.

Troy Baker would have come up with something great. Wonder if they asked him.

Unless Sutherland hits it out the park, it will just feel like pointlessly hiring a big actor to do something they're not really qualified for so you can put their name on the box, ala Peter Dinklage in Destiny

jtb

Banned

So we're just going to let other clubs be this amorphous boogeyman that can match anything we offer? Look at Mata, look at Ozil. Maybe Madrid would match our wages, maybe they won't—there's still a huge difference between 65k and 150k. So we should only go after players that aren't good enough to play for Madrid anymore? What's the logic in that? It's easy to say that Madrid/Chelsea/whoever will just match those wages when we won't even bother trying to compete with them.

You can't beat the oil clubs by pretending they don't exist and you definitely can't beat them by conceding you're never going to be able to compete with them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BsnCnoBCUAAIRmy.jpg:large

thank you Conte for the last three years <3 you made us win despite missing fullbacks, wingers and strikers.

but most of us all, thank you for making us 'win' again :lol :lol we were shit for so long

goodbye and good luck wherever you go.

wedward

So we're just going to let other clubs be this amorphous boogeyman that can match anything we offer? Look at Mata, look at Ozil. Maybe Madrid would match our wages, maybe they won't&#8212;there's still a huge difference between 65k and 150k. So we should only go after players that aren't good enough to play for Madrid anymore? What's the logic in that? It's easy to say that Madrid/Chelsea/whoever will just match those wages when we won't even bother trying to compete with them.

You can't beat the oil clubs by pretending they don't exist and you definitely can't beat them by conceding you're never going to be able to compete with them.

You've read a couple daily mail stories and some itk tweets and you assume you have a clue as to what is going on.

Just stop.

Suen

The more I think about it the more I realize that Serie A to other leagues is what Parma is to the top teams in Serie A: A place for players whose expiration date has passed.

Splatt

BsnCnoBCUAAIRmy.jpg:large

thank you Conte for the last three years <3 you made us win despite missing fullbacks, wingers and strikers.

but most of us all, thank you for making us 'win' again :lol :lol we were shit for so long

goodbye and good luck wherever you go.

:(

3017260_o.gif

jtb

Banned
Also when your highest paid player is on 130k and a world cup winner and you turn around and offer 150k+ to a 21 year old it kind of fucks your wage structure.

Now obviously jtb will ignore this fact, but it's a pretty big issue.

We should pay them what they're worth. Age is irrelevant. if the player is good enough, they should be paid that. Ramsey's on a very high wage now with his recent extension. he's young, hasn't won a world cup&#8212;but he's proven that he deserves that wage. Same with Fabregas five or six years ago.

I'm fine with overpaying a 2011 Mata 100k+ because he contributes the value I expect from a 100k+ player. and I'm fine with paying a Pogba 150k+ player because I know he's going to contribute 150k+ worth of value to the team.

overpaying a shitty Khedira just because he was a peripheral member in the Germany world cup squad and is old? It fits into our wage structure so let's do that even though it proves that our wage structure is fundamentally broken.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Twitter is one of those things that needs to be uninvented, when society starts again after the nuclear apocalypse people need to unite under this.

wedward

overpaying a shitty Khedira just because he was a peripheral member in the Germany world cup squad and is old? It fits into our wage structure so let's do that even though it proves that our wage structure is fundamentally broken.

When did we do this?

Wait until you actually read something reliable. You are making judgments based on hypothetical situations you are creating in your head.

jtb

Banned
When did we do this?

Wait until you actually read something reliable. You are making judgments based on hypothetical situations you are creating in your head.

Well, I figured comparing the situation to a hypothetical Khedira transfer was more generous to Wenger than comparing it to the previous decade of ineptitude and failure.

(I'm still bitter about Mata.)

Lightning

Banned
All reports I've read seem to suggest we're not prepared to do this. Why not wait and see.

Your biggest mistake being thinking Khedira is shit as he most certainly isn't.

wedward

All reports I've read seem to suggest we're not prepared to do this. Why not wait and see.

Your biggest mistake being thinking Khedira is shit as he most certainly isn't.

He thinks Ba is better than Aguero.

He is the closest thing we have to a joke poster that we all know isn't one.

Barzul

We should pay them what they're worth. Age is irrelevant. if the player is good enough, they should be paid that. Ramsey's on a very high wage now with his recent extension. he's young, hasn't won a world cup&#8212;but he's proven that he deserves that wage. Same with Fabregas five or six years ago.

I'm fine with overpaying a 2011 Mata 100k+ because he contributes the value I expect from a 100k+ player. and I'm fine with paying a Pogba 150k+ player because I know he's going to contribute 150k+ worth of value to the team.

I disagree with you on this. Pogba would not contribute 150k+ worth of talent to our team. Not even close. Ramsey is a 110k there's a huge difference between that and 160k wages, Pogba would want. This is before even factoring the 50m in transfer fees. I'd rather not blow our remaining budget on another midfielder. If Ramsey played in the Serie A, he'd destroy that league.

Meier

Been rumored, but apparently Newcastle have bought (or are very close to buying) Emmanuel Rivière as well. I don't really know much about him but he's always been good on FM. The fee is apparently around &#8364;8m which seems pretty reasonable given his age.

Happy for their fans after such a long time of not adding any players -- they're making some very solid purchases. Good luck next season to Will, Carbo, Kyoufu and anyone else I missed.

The truth is hard to accept at first my dear Wood.

I tried chopping wood for the first time in my life the other day. I almost smashed open my knee on the first try.

Been rumored, but apparently Newcastle have bought (or are very close to buying) Emmanuel Rivière as well. I don't really know much about him but he's always been good on FM.

Happy for their fans after such a long time of not adding any players -- they're making some very solid purchases. Good luck next season to Will, Carbo, Kyoufu and anyone else I missed.

People always said that... Yet he kept flopping for me. AAAAAGRH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom