• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

Honestly Arse-GAF, do you really think we could sign Pogba/Vidal?

Cos I don't
image.php

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Redcafe has informed me that Jamie Jackson is a tool and unreliable, and being tools and unreliable they would know!

Meier

If Vidal or Pogba were available and City didn't make a concerted effort to sign one of them, I'd be disappointed. Yaya off to PSG and one of those two in is what we really need to do.

L1NETT

When wilshere first came on the scene he genuinely looked like he could be a world class player in a couple of years. Now he french kisses Joe Hart and has permanently lost his sense of balance.

Considering the list above, either I've never even heard of them or are just straight odd choices. David Bently, really?

Firstly, sigh at the bolded

Bentley was one the most talented footballers who came through Arsenal, many likened him to Beckham (look it up if you think i'm lying)

And yeah there are some older names in there - do explain odd choices, but they were all far more "overhyped" (hate the term) than a 22 year old England international playing for one the countries biggest clubs.

jtb

Banned
The thing about Jack is he actually fulfilled those high expectations before getting injured and hasn't come remotely close to matching them since.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The last few pages

everyone is looting our corpse and eating us

HAVE SOME RESPECT OUR BODY AINT EVEN COLD YET

London
Equally legendary manager
No huge wage discrepancy at the level he'd be looking for
I expect them to finish above you next year
In the CL next season assuming they get through the qualifier

They're more attractive at the moment imo
Yeah.

Better squad to play alongside as well. but fuck Arsenal

Barzul

The thing about Jack is he actually fulfilled those high expectations before getting injured and hasn't come remotely close to matching them since.

Honestly if Ramsey could make it, I believe Wilshere can too. I've seen glimpses, even moreso than in Ramsey before his breakout season. I recall Arsenal fans asking for Ramsey to be sold to Fulham before he signed his long term contract.

Wilbur

Banned
The former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini and ex-AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri are already being linked with the newly-vacant position at Juventus.

The former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini and ex-AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri are already being linked with the newly-vacant position at Juventus.

L1NETT

Don't wanna sound like Wilshere's PR here (last post I'll make about him, promise) but it's not like other Arsenal midfielders have come back from long injury layoffs and looked world class........

---

1-1 for us now, Clarkson with the goal. Another 60 goal a year man we picked up from the Irn Bru 11th division. Hope he's the next Wells, but not convinced.

sohois

The problem is Pogba's going places, making him much bigger than Arsenal. He's destined for a Barcelona or Madrid like club. Not Arsenal.

This is always such a strange argument to me and I see it over and over. Do people just forget how many big clubs there actually are?

You say "a Barca or Madrid like club", as though there are dozens of similar massive clubs just waiting to swoop.

But there aren't. There is just Barca and Madrid with Bayern a bit behind. That's 3 clubs.

Beyond that? No one can compete with the Premier League CL teams, PSG and Monaco don't have the cachet and everyone else just doesn't have the money.

I've put this before, but there are basically 3 tiers in the current market:

Tier 1: RM, Barca, Bayern

Tier 2: EPL Champions League teams

Tier 3: PSG, Monaco.

with Man U kind of somewhere in there.

So for Arsenal, there are 3 teams that they would lose out to, and 3 teams with a similar chance. That's not that much competition for top players.

Blablurn

lol

jtb

Banned
Honestly if Ramsey could make it, I believe Wilshere can too. I've seen glimpses, even moreso than in Ramsey before his breakout season. I recall Arsenal fans asking for Ramsey to be sold to Fulham before he signed his long term contract.

For me, Jacks talent isn't in question, at this point. It's the attitude. Red flags everywhere.

This is an important season for him and he's already off to an embarrassing start.

omgkitty

Don't wanna sound like Wilshere's PR here (last post I'll make about him, promise) but it's not like other Arsenal midfielders have come back from long injury layoffs and looked world class........

---

1-1 for us now, Clarkson with the goal. Another 60 goal a year man we picked up from the Irn Bru 11th division. Hope he's the next Wells, but not convinced.

Rosicky has looked pretty great whenever he plays. van Persie was also crocked for a while before he came back and started banging them in and fucked off to United.

I get that we are attractive atm considering we have two (one is invisible) of the best players in the world, and reside in London and Wenger is our manager and all that shit.

Think about Real and Barca tho. Would they not be more attractive propositions to a player like Pogba?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri and Mancini are not gonna happen I think

Mancini for Tevez and other obvious reasons and Allegri for his issues with Pirlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom