• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Robocop baffles me. I don't understand how the remake manages to be less culturally relevant to modern day issues than the original.

Wilbur

Banned
This post is so Wilbur it's making me hard.

You know I love my lists bae <3

Fuck off is Bad Neighbours better than That Awkward Moment.

Get fucked.

It's much better. That awkward moment was utterly fucking rancid. Wasted the three leads, had a shitty awful love plot for all three of them when it was marketed as an alternative to your typical rom com. Neighbours was nothing special but was dumber and funnier. Get 2 know.

Since we're talking films, I watched Transcendence, and it was disappointing.

Rebecca Hall however was great.

Looks shit, will never watch. Depp is DEAD

the writers really made up lost as they went along. seasons one through four are good, though.

going to watch under the skin in a few.

You'll like that. First two thirds of it are incredible. Loses its way, but some of it is legit masterpiece stuff.

And Scar Jo tits and pussy.

Arnie

I've seen:

Godzilla - 9/10
Edge Of Tomorrow - 8/10

With boyhood and apes next on my list

Holy christ you're generous.

Godzilla was for a long stretch utterly monotonous and Edge of Tomorrow was just downright average.

Gozilla I can maybe picture - the ending is phenomenal and the beginning is pretty good, too - but I'll never understand the Edge of Tomorrow hype. Film just dragged and I didn't find the whole setup remotely entertaining. Was like watching an idiot play Trials.

Carbonox

We had a bunch of plebs in the team so I didn't really expect a proper performance.

But you know, #PardewOut still managed to trend on Tyneside.

Yeah just reading the match reports. Loss seemed to coincide with all the first-teamers being subbed off. Just proves what a shit state our youth is in. I still maintain Abeid is the one we must keep above all of them. Guy was electric in the Greek league last season and genuinely has potential.

Only the Newcastle fanbase majority would start that shit up again after a preseason loss. :lol

3Sixty

It's much better. That awkward moment was utterly fucking rancid. Wasted the three leads, had a shitty awful love plot for all three of them when it was marketed as an alternative to your typical rom com. Neighbours was nothing special but was dumber and funnier. Get 2 know.

Neighbours is literally the worst film I've seen in 5 years.

Edge of Tomorrow was just downright average.

ieGhcuGXavcGn.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbs

Spiderman over X-Men? Fucking hell

I like the two leads in Spider-Man and it's so ridiculously stupid I can't help but enjoy it

X-men had some good action scenes but too many characters and I don't care about any of them and too little ian McKellen and too much Fassbender who I think is a shitty magneto. Decent. X2 remains GOAT.

the writers really made up lost as they went along. seasons one through four are good, though.

All long ass tv shows do. Most are just much better at hiding it. :'[

I also really liked season 6. It was so emotional in the end. Not to forget the Richard Alpert episodes.
kd3h7IT.png

Wilbur

Banned
Can't find anywhere showing Boyhood in Belfast :(

I love Linklater.

Have you seen Dazed and Confused? That's one of my favourite, favourite movies.

Godzilla was for a long stretch utterly monotonous and Edge of Tomorrow was just downright average.

Gozilla I can maybe picture - the ending is phenomenal and the beginning is pretty good, too - but I'll never understand the Edge of Tomorrow hype. Film just dragged and I didn't find the whole setup remotely entertaining. Was like watching an idiot play Trials.

Yeah, I might be being a bit generous with both, but really enjoyed them. Godzilla especially, I don't mind the criticisms of the humans being empty vessels and stuff because interesting shit is happening to them. Reminded me of prime Spielberg, I really enjoyed it. Edge of Tomorrow I probably did overrate coming out of the cinema, was like an adrenaline rush (trials is right :lol). Good fun though. Cruise was good for the first time in ages.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, 'Enemy' was.... interesting. I think I liked it? :lol

*MASSIVE SPOILERS*

What the fuck was that ending tho? Didn't expect that! I'm confused.
the spider is the symbol of commitment. He stepped on it at the beginning of movie in his secret sex club because he was cheating on his wife ;) it became bigger and bigger to ignore later or something I forgot

Carbonox

I still need to get round to seeing Godzilla, Captain America and X-Men.

I also still need to finish my Oscar nominations run. Just have Dallas Buyers Club left.

I'm terrible when it comes to watching films in a timely manner. Will see the new Planet of the Apes though.

Edge of Tomorrow looks gash, will not touch.

Wilbur

Banned
Ghost Protocol only 3 years ago m8

Don't get the fuss over him

Looks like a designer human from a dodgy sci fi film

Not for me

Ghost protocol was alright. Baddie was shite. Paula Patton was hot.

3 >>>>>>> 4 > 1 = 2

Haven't really loved cruise since collateral. Odd that he doesn't do drama anymore, he was great in shit like rain man and born on the 4th of July

I've actually been meaning to check it out and may do so tonight based on your glowing recommendation!

Such a talented filmmaker.

It's like the seedy version of ferris bueller (and better)

Dat McConaughey

the spider is the symbol of commitment. He stepped on it at the beginning of movie in his secret sex club because he was cheating on his wife ;) it became bigger and bigger to ignore later or something I forgot

Yeah, this is a good theory. Man what an interesting film and how creepy would it be to see someone that looks exactly like you in another place banging another woman :lol

sohois

I've been to the cinema more times this year than I have probably been in my entire life. There has been like 5 visits. With that in mind, here is my list:

Captain America 2: 7/10
Coming Home: 9/10
X-Men DOFP: 8/10
Edge of Tomorrow: 6/10
also technically all 2014 films for me:
12 Years a Slave: 9/10
Frozen: 7/10
American Hustle: 4/10
The Wolf of Wall Street: 6/10
edit: also saw that Lego Movie: 6/10

L1NETT

Hitch you do the know the demographic for Mrs Brown's Boys is like 80 year old women who can't reach the remote

Bet you were rolling in aging pussy when you went to go and see it :p

Wilbur

Banned
I've been to the cinema more times this year than I have probably been in my entire life. There has been like 5 visits. With that in mind, here is my list:

Captain America 2: 7/10
Coming Home: 9/10
X-Men DOFP: 8/10
Edge of Tomorrow: 6/10
also technically all 2014 films for me:
12 Years a Slave: 9/10
Frozen: 7/10
American Hustle: 4/10
The Wolf of Wall Street: 6/10
edit: also saw that Lego Movie: 6/10

Yeah American hustle was boring as fuck

Status