• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Shit, just realised that guy with the Orlando City avatar...

Anthony Pulis plays there.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Coached by the great Adrian Heath!

15177-zoom.jpg

Not sure if Pulis will make the step up to MLS next season or not. Ol' James O'Connor (Stoke, Burnley, Wednesday) is a player-assistant for the team but he'll manage the club's affiliate next season.

Arnie

Just to clarify the first season of Utopia was pretty poo.

Looks nice but the story is so convoluted and ultimately a massive letdown.

L1NETT

Phahahah

Makes sense though, playing under Conte probably a big draw.

---

@Will. Conspiracy thriller thing. It sounds dumb, but just watch it.

@Wilbz tut tut tut. Good taste club?

Also, I saw Boyhood

Film of the fucking year so far.

I hope Sturridge injures himself ordering a Subway

Devastated. Absolutely shattered.

Watched this video endless times and ended up having to just go to my mates house for company because i felt so dross.

Watching this makes me absolutely fucking desperate to draw Napoli in the CL.

Getting sacked by two cunts when he's on holiday, and then only getting the chance to come back to Anfield when he's trying to save his reputation with Chelsea (obective complete) ain't right.

I dream of a Rodgers-Rafa duo, he'd improve our defense ten-fold in about 4 days

Wilbur

Banned

This is what I thought it would be based off the premise and the trailers. Sounds like mad mumbo jumbo that I won't be able to keep track of.

Need to find the time to see Boyhood though, really busy this week.

Linius

I wanna see Boyhood so badly. I'm on holiday when it releases here. I'll be seeing The Raid 2 this weekend though. That's one for my possible top 10 surely.

Wilbur

Banned
I wanna see Boyhood so badly. I'm on holiday when it releases here. I'll be seeing The Raid 2 this weekend though. That's one for my possible top 10 surely.

Not a patch on the first. Fights are still really good but it's so padded out with averagely written and acted drama in some attempt to make it an epic.

Best film I've seen this year is still Grand Budapest Hotel.

Packaged. I don't think it could be improved upon enough for me to think fresh is way better or something. I go in expecting coconut flavor and it tastes like soggy cereal milk.

Fresh coconut water is pretty nice. It is very refreshing.

I don't really like coconut though and I don't know why people fork out like £4 for it on Bond St.

Arnie

This is what I thought it would be based off the premise and the trailers. Sounds like mad mumbo jumbo that I won't be able to keep track of.

Need to find the time to see Boyhood though, really busy this week.

It does that 'so much mumbo jumbo it doesn't matter if it makes sense' thing really well.

LOST did similar but it also had brilliant characters and an overarching narrative that was somewhat entertaining. Utopia is like a year 10 creative writing project come to fruition.

Packaged. I don't think it could be improved upon enough for me to think fresh is way better or something. I go in expecting coconut flavor and it tastes like soggy cereal milk.

Fresh coconut water is pretty nice. It is very refreshing.

I don't really like coconut though and I don't know why people fork out like £4 for it on Bond St.

Fresh is where it's at. In India, you can find vendors on the street that will pluck open a coconut for you, put a straw in it and you drink the water. Then they give you some coconut pieces to eat.

costs 10 Rs, ~ 0.0970 pounds

Linius

Not a patch on the first. Fights are still really good but it's so padded out with averagely written and acted drama in some attempt to make it an epic.

I've been hearing the opposite mostly, better than the first. I'll see!

For me it's also The Grand Budapest Hotel so far. But I've only seen that, The Lego Movie and Godzilla from 2014.

Arnie

Mine's Her followed by Grand Budapest.

GorillaJu

Juve better not start selling players. I mean they won't—it's not like the manager would have been the main factor stopping the board from cashing in. But still, it's a great team made excellent because of Conte. The way he took them straight to the title and killed Milan and Inter like Moyes killed United will always have my respect.

I wonder what's next for him? He's clearly one of the best managers in Europe, tactically. Wonder if he'll take a year off like Pep and be the next manager of a PSG or that sort.

Carbonox

Newcastle lost their friendly? Shocking news. We always fucking suck in preseason. Nice to see Siem de Jong score though. Gonna be a totally different and superior beast to his brother.

Not entirely shocked about Conte though. Sucks that it happened.

That new Barcelona away shirt is fucking sublime.

L1NETT

For me it's also The Grand Budapest Hotel so far. But I've only seen that, The Lego Movie and Godzilla from 2014.

Yeah it's better than the first. Easily.

Haven't really seen too many really cracking films this year. Aside from Boyhood

Really liked Locke, The Double, The Raid 2 and Stranger by the Lake, but nothing else really springs to mind :/

Wilbur

Banned
It does that 'so much mumbo jumbo it doesn't matter if it makes sense' thing really well.

LOST did similar but it also had brilliant characters and an overarching narrative that was somewhat entertaining. Utopia is like a year 10 creative writing project come to fruition.

Never watched lost either. It's all on Netflix though isn't it? Seen the pilot I think years ago.

I've seen:

That Awkward Moment - 2/10
Robocop - 5/10
The Lego Movie - 8/10
Grand Budapest Hotel - 9/10
Captain America 2 - 8/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7/10
Bad Neighbours - 6/10
Godzilla - 9/10
X-Men - 6/10
Two Faces Of January - 5/10
Edge Of Tomorrow - 8/10
22 Jump Street - 8/10

With boyhood and apes next on my list

Kyoufu

Newcastle lost their friendly? Shocking news. We always fucking suck in preseason. Nice to see Siem de Jong score though. Gonna be a totally different and superior beast to his brother.

We had a bunch of plebs in the team so I didn't really expect a proper performance.

But you know, #PardewOut still managed to trend on Tyneside.

Well, 'Enemy' was.... interesting. I think I liked it? :lol

*MASSIVE SPOILERS*

What the fuck was that ending tho? Didn't expect that! I'm confused.

GorillaJu

Never watched lost either. It's all on Netflix though isn't it? Seen the pilot I think years ago.

I've seen:

Robocop - 5/10
The Lego Movie - 8/10
Captain America 2 - 8/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7/10
Bad Neighbours - 6/10
Godzilla - 9/10
X-Men - 6/10
Edge Of Tomorrow - 8/10
22 Jump Street - 8/10

This post is so Wilbur it's making me hard.

3Sixty

I've seen:

Robocop - 5/10
The Lego Movie - 8/10
Captain America 2 - 8/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7/10
Bad Neighbours - 6/10
Godzilla - 9/10
X-Men - 6/10
Edge Of Tomorrow - 8/10
22 Jump Street - 8/10

Fuck off is Bad Neighbours better than That Awkward Moment.

Get fucked.

Wilbur

Banned
Mine's Her followed by Grand Budapest.

Oh, Her is sublime. But it's a 2013 film m8, imdb rules /cunt

I definitely saw that and 12 years a slave and inside Llewyn Davis and Locke and the double this year in the cinema, but when I put them on my letterboxd account to remember what I've seen they're down as 2013 so I forget lol

bud

the writers really made up lost as they went along. seasons one through four are good, though.

going to watch under the skin in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom