• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
You know he'll be loved at Liverpool, though. Like, adored. There'll be hugs from Brendan and hugs from Stevie and adulation from fans. He'll arrive to matches in a crowd of red smoke.

Be happy for him.

tumblr_n3xy4sr6Pc1qj5qufo8_250.gif

But I don't even like Liverpool.

I stopped liking them when Graeme Souness came over and showed us his tactical genius.
He brought a bunch of English muppets. We didn't understand what was going on.
Benfica used to kick the ball to the opposition as soon as they got it back on defense.
Graeme said it was all part of his brilliant English tactics.

Then he left and shaved his stache.

sohois

I stopped liking them when Graeme Souness came over and showed us his tactical genius.
He brought a bunch of English muppets. We didn't understand what was going on.
Benfica used to kick the ball to the opposition as soon as they got it back on defense.
Graeme said it was all part of his brilliant English tactics.

Then he left and shaved his stache.

Yeah but Graeme Souness is also perhaps the worst manager in Liverpool's history as well!

He is still probably miles ahead of Roy in general managerial ability but his effect on the club simply cannot be matched by anyone

Exactly. Why I said "Wayne Rooney."

Okay he's slightly more handsome :)
Rooney isn't a professional the same way as Brady though. And his wife isn't a supermodel.

I respect Brady, he is a great player and gives it his all. But he just moans about everything and has a chip on his shoulder. I'm gonna stick with Ronaldo.

Godslay

Banned
More Beckham, but a better player.

Tom Brady is the best player the NFL has ever seen and also the handsomest. Married a Super Model, makes perfect babies and wins at everything he does.

Have I mentioned he's super handsome?

Dear God, what have I gotten myself into?

I think if I tried to watch NFL I'd have to learn a lot. It seems so much more complicated than 22 men running after a ball trying to kick it in the other goal.

Roughly the same concept. 11 men having possession of ball, with 11 other men trying to stop them from getting 10 yards in 4 downs or scoring. Sure as you dig deeper it gets more complicated, but that's the jist of it really.

Arnie

Wait till you see Marko smiling and scoring and laughing and playing in front of the Kop, turning all those other premfaces into dust.

Then you'll tolerate Liverpool.

When Marko is killing United and Arsenal and Tottenham and Norwich.

Then you'll smile.

Your Lazza. Our Lazza.

Linius

Dear God, what have I gotten myself into?

Roughly the same concept. 11 men having possession of ball, with 11 other men trying to stop them from getting 10 yards in 4 downs or scoring. Sure as you dig deeper it gets more complicated, but that's the jist of it really.

You lost me at yards. I don't do yards in Europe. How much meter is a yard?

Suen

Some people saying Kroos signing will be official tomorrow.

Marca is reporting that we've signed Keylor Navas and that it will be announced tomorrow.....so what happens with Lopez and Casillas?

Wenger pls.

GorillaJu

I think if I tried to watch NFL I'd have to learn a lot. It seems so much more complicated than 22 men running after a ball trying to kick it in the other goal.

It's not too complicated to enjoy. You just need to understand the very most basic parts, which is no different than football really.

Linius

Some people saying Kroos signing will be official tomorrow.

Marca is reporting that we've signed Navas and that he will be announcd tomorrow.....so what happens with Lopez and Casillas?

Wenger pls.

Who is Kroos? Young quarterback? Never heard of.

rvy

Banned
Yeah but Graeme Souness is also perhaps the worst manager in Liverpool's history as well!

He is still probably miles ahead of Roy in general managerial ability but his effect on the club simply cannot be matched by anyone

He could have been the best manager ever if his tactical genius matched his ability to be featured in low budget football movies starring Vinnie Jones.

Wait till you see Marko smiling and scoring and laughing and playing in front of the Kop, turning all those other premfaces into dust.

Then you'll tolerate Liverpool.

When Marko is killing United and Arsenal and Tottenham and Norwich.

Then you'll smile.

Your Lazza. Our Lazza.

I don't know. I think you're pulling my leg.

Feorax

I might actually see Jose Enrique play football tomorrow.

It's been so long I've forgotten what that looks like. I recall he was quick, strong, and utterly braindead, but that's about it.

Arnie

What is wrong with you?

Marca = Madrid, who else but Madrid would be signing Navas in this case. Pls Arnie
:lol

You support everyone.

Do you support Bayern?

Also Navas is a fucking hilarious signing for Real.

What's the point?
He could have been the best manager ever if his tactical genius matched his ability to be featured in low budget football movies starring Vinnie Jones.

I don't know. I think you're pulling my leg.
I'm not.

You'll smile. We'll smile. Brendan will smile.

Lazza will smile.

Stulaw

I
My kinda girlfriend goes Brighton, she worked in the food bit at the AMEX during first year. Lived in Falmer, could see the stadium from up the road.

Nice stadium, yeah. Been once or twice.

Yeah, I go to Sussex (took a year out this year), I lived on Campus in my first year while West Ham were in The Championship, could hear everything just by opening the windows, and by complete coincidence I somehow got 2 other West Ham fans as housemates, who also had blonde hair.

That's cool, really want to go there. Usually find new build stadiums like that utterly lifeless (MK the worst example) but heard good things about the AMEX

Will be really cool to see how Sami Hyypia gets on with them

The Brighton fans make the games worth going to, they never stop singing/cheering/bantering.

I think Hyypia will do fine, he signed Aaron Hughes yesterday who I'm guessing is a replacement for Upson. A few more signings and I think Brighton could push for promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom